• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Upcoming Vita Games (OVER ~350 games with screens inside!) || 2015 Edition ||

redcrayon

Awesome. Going to order it when I get a Vita for my girlfriend next week. :)
Yeah, I'll second Alundra: it's about as close to LTTP as you'll find on the Vita. It's tough but really rewarding once you start to get your head around it.

Ys MoC is much easier and the music is awesome, but it's a great game too. You could also try Ys Oath in Felghana, and if you like MoC, have a look at Ys 7 too as it's fairly similar.

RK128

So this thread is back in community now?

How odd, as this should be a gaming thread (covers new games coming out soon, ect). Guess since 'The Vita is dead' is the motto on Gaf, the moderators figured to push this into the community section of the forum :l.

Regardless, you always do a great job Fady K, so keep up the great work :D!

Wiggy

It's a shame I guess, but at least their probably won't be any more drive by shitposting of 'all those games are japanese or indie ports, so they don't count!!!'

edit:
though now that I think about it's not like that happened a lot :/

RK128

It's I shame I guess, but at least their probably won't be any more drive by shitposting of 'all those games are japanese or indie ports, so they don't count!!!'

Thats a good point XD!

So many people like to pick on the Vita for not having AAA games, despite the fact indie software and JP games are just as great (if not better in my opinion) as AAA games :).

The PS+ Thread suffers from this issue too (but its been getting better....I think :l).

Edit: This thread rarely had that issue, but the PS+ thread has that problem though sadly :(.

So this thread is back in community now?

How odd, as this should be a gaming thread (covers new games coming out soon, ect). Guess since 'The Vita is dead' is the motto on Gaf, the moderators figured to push this into the community section of the forum :l.

Regardless, you always do a great job Flandy K, so keep up the great work :D!

No room for anything other than MGS V I guess. ;)

This thread sold me on getting a Vita again!

RK128

O_O!

I feel so stupid now X(.

I meant Fady K :(.

Sorry guys for my mistake, and I will edit my post to fix that right now.

When I first played Sound Shapes on the PS4, I didn't really care about it..

..but now that I'm playing it on the Vita, I'm actually aiming for that platinum! Just unlocked Death Mode :)

I'm sure I'm not the only person who thinks this but I have a much easier time playing games on handheld rather than home consoles. Sound Shapes..Shovel Knight...Fez.. (for example), games I couldn't sit in front of my TV and play I have no problem sitting on my couch and playing them. Maybe it's because I'm more comfortable lol.

Picked up Dragon's Crown and MGS3 from the PSN sale. Looking forward to diving into those as well.

In other news, it seems EDF 2 Vita will be coming out next month instead. I was looking forward to it. October 20th is what amazon/best buy is showing.

redcrayon

I was looking at the article on civcraft on the Vita Lounge, the linked kickstarter page has a gameplay video.
It's already funded , they are just running it for a few days to expand the game a bit.

I'm slightly worried that an attempt to be all things to all people (building settlements, RTS, RPG etc etc) might leave a lack of depth in any one area, but it still looks interesting.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1281340200/civcraft-legends-of-ellariaa-sandbox-fpsrtsrpg-gam

Before we get our hopes up though, the developer's official twitter account only says "one of our later versions will support vita as well", so we could we waiting a while, and it might not be anywhere near as ambitious as the video presents.

@Wreck

I was looking at the article on civcraft on the Vita Lounge, the linked kickstarter page has a gameplay video.
It's already funded , they are just running it for a few days to expand the game a bit.

I'm slightly worried that an attempt to be all things to all people (building settlements, RTS, RPG etc etc) might leave a lack of depth in any one area, but it still looks interesting.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1281340200/civcraft-legends-of-ellariaa-sandbox-fpsrtsrpg-gam

Before we get our hopes up though, the developer's official twitter account only says "one of our later versions will support vita as well", so we could we waiting a while, and it might not be anywhere near as ambitious as the video presents.

might be too good to be true

redcrayon

Looks like Trails of Cold Steel has been delayed to December in Europe, if Amazon UK are anything to go by.

Seems like almost everything I ordered has been delayed this year, Space Hulk is currently 'winning' with three delays though! Ah well, if it means better games I dont mind.

Super Meat Boy is apparently October 6th in NA so presumably the following day in Europe, It'll be a free PS+ title too.

Josh5890

What is everyone's belief on the support remaining for the Vita? I would think that most developers who are supporting the Vita will keep doing it through the lifespan of the PS4. There is absolutely no speculations on a full successor so I think this is it for the Sony handheld ecosystem.

What is everyone's belief on the support remaining for the Vita? I would think that most developers who are supporting the Vita will keep doing it through the lifespan of the PS4. There is absolutely no speculations on a full successor so I think this is it for the Sony handheld ecosystem.

Japanese devs will keep supporting it for a long time.

I think niche Japanese games and indie games will continue to find a small but profitable audience on the Vita.

redcrayon

While I've been banging on about slipping release dates for a couple of Vita games, I had to laugh this morning- the bad news is Space Hulk has changed for the fourth time, the good new is it's come forward!

"Space Hulk (Playstation Vita)"
Previous estimated arrival date: October 24 2015
New estimated arrival date: September 28 2015

Lol. Ignore that, email no. 5, it's just changed back again 24 hours later:

Unfortunately, the release date for the item(s) listed below was changed by the supplier, and we need to provide you with a new estimated delivery date based on the new release date:

"Space Hulk (Playstation Vita)"
Estimated arrival date: October 24 2015

Bizarre.

You'll continue to see Japanese support for as long as its selling enough to justify the efforts. In the west, theres really no retail presence and AAA development has dried up. You may get the occasional bone tossed like Resident Evil Revealations 2, but thats about it. Indies support will continue on...

autoduelist

3 potential futures (varying degrees of likelihood):

1) Vita is the last Sony handheld.
2) Some sort of version 3 vita that keeps the current vita OS, but embraces Remote Play (triggers) and/or increases power to play PS2 classics (while keeping all native Vita games compliant with OG vitas).
3) We get a new handheld. Must have BC to even think about succeeding.

Now, assuming 1 or 2, that means we've got Vita for the 'duration', and by 'duration', I mean it would be -the- last Sony handheld... meaning it's the last portable machine for PS1 games. The last portable machine for PSP games. And obviously, the last portable machine for Vita games. And it'll also be a key remote play device (although tablets + controllers also fit that niche -- but if they do #2 above I'd argue Vita would be the best remote play experience).

It is also important to consider that the Vita is fairly powerful; it'll be 'good enough' to run pretty games for quite some time. Indies, jrpgs, etc, don't necessarily need to be FPS powerhouses.

So I think the Vita is going to last. Easily the rest of the PS4's lifecycle, and perhaps even into the PS5s. But this is all based on us -- many Vita faithful have no exit strategy. We're firmly in the Sony ecosystem for a reason (ps1, psp, vita, indies, jrpgs, etc) and it's not like we're suddenly going to jump ship for a new Nintendo handheld (obviously, some would). But as long as we keep buying indies and localizations, there's pretty much no reason for pubs to stop bringing them to us. Indies are always going to be smaller affairs [by definition, practically, due to dev size] and so in general, will continue to run well on vita for the foreseeable future.

What will eventually 'kill' the Vita is a viable exit strategy for it's current base -- that is, a new device, with buttons, and with compelling reasons to leave. I don't think this will be the next nintendo device... but perhaps the one after that, or something significantly advanced from a competitor we're not even thinking about.

TLDR - I think we'll still be getting a fair amount of games in 3 years, and we'll still see releases even in 5. Obviously it'll eventually slow to a crawl, but as long as we keep buying games, it's not imminent.

Faustek

One real problem though. Doesn't seem as Sony is fully invested in working with engine holders to "optimise" them for the Vita. If you listen to the big excuse for games dropping Vita is that they must work on the port and that work seems harder than easier.
Well at least the RPG lovelies at Zeboyd realised this early on and have something nice in store for us :)

autoduelist

One real problem though. Doesn't seem as Sony is fully invested in working with engine holders to "optimise" them for the Vita. If you listen to the big excuse for games dropping Vita is that they must work on the port and that work seems harder than easier.
Well at least the RPG lovelies at Zeboyd realised this early on and have something nice in store for us :)

Yeah, that could eventually catch up and bite the vita in the ass. I don't think that's going to stop production in its tracks for quite some time, though. But you're right, it's a potential eventual roadblock assuming someone doesn't step in and change that.

jvm

Gamasutra.

2) Some sort of version 3 vita that keeps the current vita OS, but embraces Remote Play (triggers) and/or increases power to play PS2 classics (while keeping all native Vita games compliant with OG vitas).
The first has probability 1. The second is unlikely, and any new model will be Japanese-only. The third has probability zero.

Give it up. The market for dedicated handhelds is basically the market for horse-and-buggy transportation -- a boutique market for a very limited audience.

Josh5890

Trust me, I've given up on AAA games coming back and that is fine. Technically there is a little more support coming for that since S-E is releasing a Final Fantasy for Vita and PS4 next year. I've started playing my Vita more lately after I picked up a 32GB card and I enjoy it more as an indie system with some bigger game flair involved (one of these days I'm starting Persona 4 Golden).

My hunch is that this system will be supported until the end of the PS4 life. Indies say that it is profitable so left them continue to make it for us. The only way I see another (and this is Duke Nukem Forever long shot) Sony handheld is if they release an updated Vita with slightly better specs with full BC right before the release of the PS5 to promote remote play again. Probably not happening though.

Vita will probably be one of the last handhelds ever, judging from the market nowadays. Even when looking at Nintendo's offerings, the handheld market has shrunk rapidly and there's very little companies out there still invested in making the next Nintendo handheld sell millions with handheld only games when the other markets are growing rapidly.

I see that the Vita will share games with the next Nintendo handheld due to the large existing Vita fanbase as multiplatform while as a whole the handheld market slows down and die off eventually.

This is why I've taken to collecting the old handhelds, it's akin to owning a music player when phones play music now. The future of handhelds will be niche emulation devices using android or people just playing all the thousands of great games on other handhelds ever released.

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood

Now, assuming 1 or 2, that means we've got Vita for the 'duration', and by 'duration', I mean it would be -the- last Sony handheld... meaning it's the last portable machine for PS1 games. The last portable machine for PSP games. And obviously, the last portable machine for Vita games. And it'll also be a key remote play device (although tablets + controllers also fit that niche -- but if they do #2 above I'd argue Vita would be the best remote play experience).

It is also important to consider that the Vita is fairly powerful; it'll be 'good enough' to run pretty games for quite some time. Indies, jrpgs, etc, don't necessarily need to be FPS powerhouses.

So I think the Vita is going to last. Easily the rest of the PS4's lifecycle, and perhaps even into the PS5s. But this is all based on us -- many Vita faithful have no exit strategy. We're firmly in the Sony ecosystem for a reason (ps1, psp, vita, indies, jrpgs, etc) and it's not like we're suddenly going to jump ship for a new Nintendo handheld (obviously, some would). But as long as we keep buying indies and localizations, there's pretty much no reason for pubs to stop bringing them to us. Indies are always going to be smaller affairs [by definition, practically, due to dev size] and so in general, will continue to run well on vita for the foreseeable future.

What will eventually 'kill' the Vita is a viable exit strategy for it's current base -- that is, a new device, with buttons, and with compelling reasons to leave. I don't think this will be the next nintendo device... but perhaps the one after that, or something significantly advanced from a competitor we're not even thinking about.

TLDR - I think we'll still be getting a fair amount of games in 3 years, and we'll still see releases even in 5. Obviously it'll eventually slow to a crawl, but as long as we keep buying games, it's not imminent.

Maybe there's even a very tiny chance for a vita designed for remote play, but none at all for a more powerful vita imo, whatever the use of that power.
About a successor i dunno what to think, no successor seems to be the most realistic option but for some reason i can't see sony leaving the handheld market completely, maybe they will try something different, like a smartphone/handheld hybrid for example or something like whatever the NX will be.

Moobabe

I just noticed that the get off my lawn picture is from PvsZ.

Long time no see, any hype for tomorrow's pre TGS conference?

Mad hype. Just maybe not so much for the Vita.

Still - we might see Dragon Quest Builders and that World of Final Fantasy game in more detail.

8 am my time so I'll definitely be watching.

The only way I see another (and this is Duke Nukem Forever long shot) Sony handheld is if they release an updated Vita with slightly better specs with full BC right before the release of the PS5 to promote remote play again. Probably not happening though.

I doubt Sony would bother with that at this point. Ther market for their portable offerings has shrunk, to invest in another line with slightly upgraded hardware mainly to appease ps5 owners as well as maybe entice current vita owners? I just cant see it being worth their time.

Danganronpa twitter account tells us to not miss the SCEJA press conference tomorrow 8 am GMT, DR3 was confirmed earlier to be in early development

GET HYPE

redcrayon

Toukiden 2 announced! Releasing 2016 in Japan.

http://m.neogaf.com/showthread.php?t=1112399
PSV/PS4/PS3, apparently now open-world gameplay. Maybe that'll mean flowing battles with Oni over a landscape rather than an arena?

Project Setsuna (Square Enix/TRF) confirmed for PS4/Vita in Early 2016, oldstyle JRPG

http://m.neogaf.com/showthread.php?t=1112426

Trailer:
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=BlykTi7QAeo

Looks beautiful, three-person party, ATB combat on the same map as exploration. There's some video in the thread.

Vanillaware's 13 Sentinels: Aegis Rim announced for PS4 & Vita
http://m.neogaf.com/showthread.php?t=1112411

Trailer:
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=mV_RfdxpVOU

Not much to go on: Vanillaware's art style, teenage protagonists, giant mechs.

Pretty good haul for us this morning :D

Raytow

Guys, guys every other 3rd party game gets a Vita version but the game that debuted on Vita gets shit, fuck you Sony fuck you ;_; I'm gonna be salty for weeks.

L.O.R.D

L2/R2 Button Grip Cover for vita slim is now $29 from play asia , limited time only ( was $45 )

http://www.play-asia.com/l2r2-button-grip-cover-black/13/708qs3?affiliate_id=1939543
l2r2-button-grip-cover-black-407955.4.jpg

l2r2-button-grip-cover-black-407955.2.jpg

Top Bottom