• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

US/CAN Club Nintendo Thread: New and improved. Read the OP.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
What's the word on Tokyo crash mobs? Being 100% serious here.
Have you ever played Zuma, Luxor, or those games where you shoot balls to match 3 in a row while they roll down a path and you have to last/match enough before they reach you? It's basically that, but....I guess "By Japan" is the best way to put it. The core mechanics are basically the same but you use the touch screen. Instead of balls, you're tossing people so you can get to the front of the line and there's FMV cutscenes that...are weird. My only gripe would be I wished for button/circle pad controls and the game can have a few difficulty spikes at times.

Personally, if you liked Zuma, I'd say get this so you can have a portable version.

daripad

It's a really relaxing game. Lovely music to fly around to. There are a variety of challenges you take such as jetpacks, hangliders, planes, skydiving, including an epic final mission which is very different than the rest. I think fondly of this game as I do of F-Zero or SMW. Maybe it's just SNES launch nostalgia but I think Pilotwings is still fun today. Worth getting if you haven't tried before.

How long is it? Is it very challenging? I was interested in the 3DS game but if this one is great I'll gladly try the other games.

It seems that I should have gotten the Kirby game last month :(

Kid Ska

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Serious question - did anyone actually buy that Grill Off game? That's been up for like two years now.

How long is it? Is it very challenging? I was interested in the 3DS game but if this one is great I'll gladly try the other games.

It seems that I should have gotten the Kirby game last month :(

It can get pretty challenging since you have to reach a certain rank to be able to pass each test. You can't just flub your way through each challenge. I prefer this one to the 3DS game actually, but it's not as good as the N64 one. There are 8 levels each containing several challenges (ie: 1 jetpack + 1 skydiving + 1 hanglider = 1 level). There are also 2 "special" challenges that have you
flying a helicopter doing bombing missions

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
MORE GAMES.

Wii: Picturebook Games: Pop-Up Pursuit (250 coins)

3DS:

- Kirby's Pinball Land (150 coins)
- Metroid 2 (150 coins)
- Starship Defense (200 coins)

maxcriden

MORE GAMES.

Wii: Picturebook Games: Pop-Up Pursuit (250 coins)

3DS:

- Kirby's Pinball Land (150 coins)
- Metroid 2 (150 coins)
- Starship Defense (200 coins)

Wahoo! Kirby's Pinball Land was a favorite as a kid. Metroid 2 is the unsung heroine of the franchise. Such an amazing game and holds up superbly today.

Nairume

Banned
So the whole month together is actually pretty good.

Figured there only being one 3DS download was a sign that they weren't finished updating yet.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I think we need to turn the Urban Champion meme into Vegas Stakes & Starship Defense because holy crap, why does it feel like those are the most repeated games?

Already got Metroid 2 from a previous month. MAYBE Kirby's Pinball Land since I had it as a kid but don't know where it went.

daripad

Wahoo! Kirby's Pinball Land was a favorite as a kid. Metroid 2 is the unsung heroine of the franchise. Such an amazing game and holds up superbly today.

I'm sorry to disagree with you but Metroid 2 doesn't hold up today. It is super slow so it gets super boring, specially for a game where you have to do some backtracking.

It can get pretty challenging since you have to reach a certain rank to be able to pass each test. You can't just flub your way through each challenge. I prefer this one to the 3DS game actually, but it's not as good as the N64 one. There are 8 levels each containing several challenges (ie: 1 jetpack + 1 skydiving + 1 hanglider = 1 level). There are also 2 "special" challenges that have you
flying a helicopter doing bombing missions

Sounds great, I'll get it :)

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Dénouement;139250275 said:
Ehh.....

Metroid 2 wasn't an Ambassador game, was it? Guess I'll go for it.
No, the original Metroid for NES was. There wasn't any GB or GBC games for Ambassadors, it was NES & GBA.

Cody_D165

Banned
Don't have Metroid II, seems like a good use of 150 coins. Will probably grab it.

The rest I either already own physical carts for or don't have any interest in.

maxcriden

Closer to 1 than Super.

I'm sorry to disagree with you but Metroid 2 doesn't hold up today. It is super slow so it gets super boring, specially for a game where you have to do some backtracking.

It's an acquired taste for sure. I'd agree with Crimson that it's more like 1 than Super, but it does have some of the Super mechanics, such as save stations. I really love the game and I think it holds up quite well. Rather than boring, because it's so straightforward I found it pretty gripping and immensely atmospheric as you descend further below the planet's surface. I just played it for the first time about a year ago.

It's a really relaxing game. Lovely music to fly around to. There are a variety of challenges you take such as jetpacks, hangliders, planes, skydiving, including an epic final mission which is very different than the rest. I think fondly of this game as I do of F-Zero or SMW. Maybe it's just SNES launch nostalgia but I think Pilotwings is still fun today. Worth getting if you haven't tried before.

Thanks! I might pick it up.

I just can't justify redeeming coins for these games. I can either spend 150 coins on Metroid II, which is the equivalent to registering about 3 Wii U games or a new console, or, I can just buy it from the shop for $3.99.

iphys

I'll get Tokyo Crash Mobs, as I'd been interested in it, it's not often we get anything other than VC/DSi for 3DS, and at least it's a decent use of coins relative to the cost of the game.

Platy

LoY1mMf.png

tauroxd

Downloading Pilowings... Hope it's good! And I need it ro finally get the enough points from the DDP to buy Pokémob, because I have $35 in my account.

Hale-XF11

Hmmm, nothing for me this month.

I highly recommend Starship Defense if you don't have it already. Top notch tower defense game.

Top Bottom