• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

US/CAN Club Nintendo Thread: New and improved. Read the OP.

I thought this group of games was pretty good. I got Kirby's Dream Course on my Wii U. A game I never ended up playing on SNES. And it's always nice to see DK GB up so people can experience it's awesomeness. Crossing my fingers on something good.

iphys

speaking of GBA, have they ever made GBA games as rewards for the Wii U?

No, but I'm banking my coins on it happening . . . especially since there's nothing else to spend them on.

Wario Land 2 was a gold reward this year on 3DS, and Wario Land 4 was an ambassador title on 3DS -- pretty sure no Wii U GBA VC has been offered yet, since it hasn't been out long enough to be unpopular enough to join the ranks of Urban Champion.

iphys

Yeah, they raised the prices of the downloadable games as they slowly scaled back the physical rewards. Pretty much nothing is worth redeeming for now except SNES and N64 games, because almost everything is 200 coins no matter the actual monetary value.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Still holding out for 3DS themes eventually, especially since we're starting to get them as bonuses for buying or pre-ordering certain games. Though that might take another month or so.

I hope Super Metroid comes back, personally. I was an idiot when it was a reward this summer and missed it because I thought it was the original Metroid for some reason. :/

i-Jest

No, but I'm banking my coins on it happening . . . especially since there's nothing else to spend them on.

Wario Land 2 was a gold reward this year on 3DS, and Wario Land 4 was an ambassador title on 3DS -- pretty sure no Wii U GBA VC has been offered yet, since it hasn't been out long enough to be unpopular enough to join the ranks of Urban Champion.

My mistake. That's what I get for being dead tired.

Dénouement;139221769 said:
I hope Super Metroid comes back, personally. I was an idiot when it was a reward this summer and missed it because I thought it was the original Metroid for some reason. :/

As do I. In my case I just didn't have the coins for it at the time.

DaBoss

Where is the Urban Champion image, come on guys step it up lol
OK
urbannys3k.jpg

zroid

Banned
But which version is the one to get then? Are they all worth playing in their own unique way?

Well, yes, but I wouldn't get the Wii U version for 500 coins. Makes more sense to pick up the Wii version for 200 and then pay the upgrade fee.

3DS version is of course a must-get.

wiibomb

But which version is the one to get then? Are they all worth playing in their own unique way?

one is in 3D, one is in its original 8-bit and low res goodness, while the other one is in incredibly crisp HD

they all put to shame bayonetta 2
don't even think of buying them

I hope there is at least one game offered today that I'm interested in getting. They need to start offering eShop original software like NES Remix, NES Remix 2, Pushmo World, Dr. Luigi, etc. Better yet, they should start including a selection of retail games. Would spend my coins on Wonderful 101 in a heartbeat since I still haven't picked it up yet. I wish there were 3rd party games that were a part of this initiative as well.

maxcriden

I hope there is at least one game offered today that I'm interested in getting. They need to start offering eShop original software like NES Remix, NES Remix 2, Pushmo World, Dr. Luigi, etc. Better yet, they should start including a selection of retail games. Would spend my coins on Wonderful 101 in a heartbeat since I still haven't picked it up yet. I wish there were 3rd party games that were a part of this initiative as well.

This is a terrific idea. I'm all for it.

Well, yes, but I wouldn't get the Wii U version for 500 coins. Makes more sense to pick up the Wii version for 200 and then pay the upgrade fee.

3DS version is of course a must-get.
Yess Based DaBoss! The 3DS version is a steal, it is a must get :)
Really? I always heard Urban Champion wasn't that great. My only time playing it was that one bonus level in NES Remix. I'll pick it up if GAF recommends it.
This is a terrific idea. I'm all for it.
I'm also collecting any and all N64 games offered via Club Nintendo just in the case N64 VC actually happens this gen. Then I'd just pay the upgrade fee.

Meier

I have no clue what is typical in terms of value, but I have an extra Fantasy Life code for sale or for trade if anyone is interested. My wife and I both bought copies so I've got a spare.

Camjo-Z

Really? I always heard Urban Champion wasn't that great. My only time playing it was that one bonus level in NES Remix. I'll pick it up if GAF recommends it.

Go for it, it's truly one of the pinnacles of the NES library. I mean, think about it. Instead of games like Yoshi's Island or Star Fox, Nintendo keeps re-releasing Urban Champion. Why would they do that if it weren't an all-time classic?

galvatron

Go for it, it's truly one of the pinnacles of the NES library. I mean, think about it. Instead of games like Yoshi's Island or Star Fox, Nintendo keeps re-releasing Urban Champion. Why would they do that if it weren't an all-time classic?

It's only good without items on. No cops or old potted plant dropping lady in the tourney scene.

Yort

Anyone complaining about rewards should take this last opportunity to download Kirby's Dream Course. It's an awesome game that's a good challenge to boot. Multiplayer is pretty fun too.

This has always been my dream. Well not retail stuff, but only for the pure fact I know those coin values would be near impossible to reach. I thought once they put Dilion up we would have gotten more of those. Hell I would be partly happy if they put up GBA titles at this point.

I hate being offered things I already have and I only use my coins for games now so it kind of blows.

i-Jest

That's to forward thinking. Nintendo would never allow for it.....in this console cycle. Also they need to make the 3DS Ambassador Games available for consumers. Hell make them Club Nintendo exclusives even.

daripad

They did that during last November's CN rewards.

A year between it being a reward and having it as a reward again is fine.

Was it the WiiU version though? I thought it was the Wii version :/ Oh well, I didn't have a WiiU by that time, so I want it to be up again. Anyway, any game is fine :)

RoadDogg

How long until they offer DLC as rewards? They will probably save that for the gold/platinum rewards next year instead of full games.

Yeah, they should do retail offerings more often, like every quarter including Plat rewards?

Game & Wario and DKCR3D were awesome Plat rewards, hope that sets a precedent. But maybe one Wii U and 3DS retail game a quarter sans specials like the MK8 thing would be great.

Hell I'd be down for MK8 promos more often. Bayo 2 giving a freebie would CERTAINLY entice more buyers (not counting Bayo 1 I mean XD)... wait...

FREE TW101, WHY DID THIS NOT HAPPEN?!

Coppanuva

Yeah, they should do retail offerings more often, like every quarter including Plat rewards?

Game & Wario and DKCR3D were awesome Plat rewards, hope that sets a precedent. But maybe one Wii U and 3DS retail game a quarter sans specials like the MK8 thing would be great.

Hell I'd be down for MK8 promos more often. Bayo 2 giving a freebie would CERTAINLY entice more buyers (not counting Bayo 1 I mean XD)... wait...

FREE TW101, WHY DID THIS NOT HAPPEN?!

Yeah, I could dig a second copy of that game.

cacildo

On a side note:

Ive checked ddp.nintendo yesterday and they are really killing the deal at the end of the year. Thats sad, i had hopes they would just forget about ending it

Coppanuva

On a side note:

Ive checked ddp.nintendo yesterday and they are really killing the deal at the end of the year. Thats sad, i had hopes they would just forget about ending it

Damn shame... reminds me I need to spend like $12 on the eshop by year end for another $5 code. Will probably wait until closer and pick up something based on recos.

Top Bottom