• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

US GAF: Support your national soccer team

Status
Not open for further replies.

xbhaskarx

Korey said:
I'm an idiot, I admit it :lol . Bear with me, I'm actually trying to care here because of my patriotism...kind of like when USA was winning ice hockey in the Olympics.

That's totally cool, if you have any other questions that are not answered by the OP, ask away.

Just ordered the away USA kit, haven't been this fired up about soccer since my team played in the state championship senior year of high school :D

NoRéN

xbhaskarx said:
I'm so starved for USMNT-related content that I just watched this video on the MLS website. This guy Simon on the right is pretty much an idiot.

Also, just a reminder that the match US - Turkey match tomorrow is at 2pm Eastern, 11am Pacific.
wow at the vid. Hey, share some links of sites y'all frequent for info. Thanks!

daoster

Excited to see how US fares against Turkey tomorrow, and I'm entering this topic late and haven't read all the topics but...who has been your favorite American player in the era of Bradley so far?

Verano

Reads Ace as Lace. May God have mercy on their soul
kingkitty said:
I hope we kick some turkey butts.

They beat Czech 2-1 which the baby nads couldn't do tuesday. So now the regular starting nads will..I'd say a tie 2-2 with the turkish armada. good luck tomorrow bitches!!

Verano

Reads Ace as Lace. May God have mercy on their soul
mYm|17| said:
is the game on tv tomorrow/today?

Im not a supporter for the nads, but saying that will get you Arizona'd from other nads supporters. So no it's not today however it'll be on tomorrow (saturday) at 11am bish.

NoRéN

daoster said:
So...who goes on top with Altidore? And who's partnering with Bradley in the midfield? What do you guys think?
xbhaskarx had a good line-up...here it is.
xbhaskarx said:
Howard
Spector - DeMerit - Goodson - Bocanegra
Dempsey/Holden - Clark/Edu - Bradley - Donovan
Altidore - Buddle/Dempsey
However, read an article where Bradley stated that he expected "most" of the regulars to start. Given that it's a friendly with upto six subs, xbhaskarx's line up looks very likely. May even get to see Bradley paired up with more than two people.

cashman

Banned
you know, I've always had this question over the past year I've been watching soccer. Who are those little kids before each match? Are they from the youth squads? Why are they there every single game?

xbhaskarx

As for the entire starting team playing tomorrow, I'm guessing Onyewu is unlikely just a few days after playing for the first time in months and looking quite shaky at times. I think it will probably be Goodson instead.
My educated guess for Onyewu is that he goes against Australia, England, and then Algeria.

Puddles

Banned
So I'm wondering:

When you make an official thread like this, what program do you use to work on it? Do you save it as a txt file, typing out the tags manually, or what?

NoRéN

cashman said:
you know, I've always had this question over the past year I've been watching soccer. Who are those little kids before each match? Are they from the youth squads? Why are they there every single game?
The ones that walk out with the players, right? Hmm, I would like to know that too. Even better are the kids at half-time at GALAXY games. Little toddlers come out in huge shirt and play a short match. It's awesome and everyone gets into it! :D

sooperkool said:
I gladly support my Yanks! USA! USA! USA!
You sir, very much live up to your name.

Puddles

Banned
NoRéN said:
The ones that walk out with the players, right? Hmm, I would like to know that too. Even better are the kids at half-time at GALAXY games. Little toddlers come out in huge shirt and play a short match. It's awesome and everyone gets into it! :D

Those games suck. Half the time no one even scores and the game ends in a tie. Fuck that noise; they should make the kids stay out there until someone scores a goddamn goal and wins it.

Pre

daoster said:
So...who goes on top with Altidore? And who's partnering with Bradley in the midfield? What do you guys think?

I'd go with Altidore/Buddle with Gomez the super sub coming on in the second half. As for the midfield I like Bradley/Edu but Bradley/Torres would probably be just as good.

Also, who do you guys think is the first Yank sent off on some BS call? You know it's going to happen. I'm guessing either Mike Bradley or "Redcardo" Clark.

daoster

You guys really think Buddle will start up top with Altidore? He was virtually non-existent for the Czech game, so I don't think he'll get the nod this time around. I think Bradley will most likely play it safe and put Dempsey up on top...I've been reading some reports that Gomez has been playing well with Altidore during practices, so if there will be a gamble, it might be Gomez up on top (instead of the super sub!)

I think Bradley (the coach) will most likely pair up little Bradley with Clark, though I'd personally rather see a Bradley-Edu or Bradley-Torres (maybe even Bradley-Feilhaber?) combo.

And Oneywu really not starting? I think, more than anything, Bradley is desperate to get Gooch up to 100%, and the best way to do that is 90 minutes (or close to 90 minutes) of gameplay. Leaving him out till the Australia friendly is cutting it a little too close for my liking to properly gauge where he is.

And who's gonna be the first Yank sent off for a (maybe) BS call? Most definitely Michael Bradley man...I like the guy, but he seems like he has a major anger problem, like the incident with Uruguay at the U20 World Cup...or the red card against Spain in the Confed Cup (and he even confronted the ref at that one...).

Great player, let's hope his emotions don't take a hold of him when it counts.

EDIT: Here's the roster...Guess Gooch ISN'T starting

------------------------Altidore------
------------------------Dempsey----------
---------------Feilhaber------------Donovan--------
---------------------Clark--------Bradley-------
-----------Bocanegra---Goodson--DeMerit--Spector---
------------------------Howard

NoRéN

xbhaskarx said:
Goal Turkey, bad defense once again as no one is there to cover for Spector.
Good to see defenders trying to attack. Then, the counter and where was everyone else!?
Feilhaber as a LM when Torres and Beasley and Donovan are there? Dammit Bradley with his experiments.

NoRéN

MaizeRage25 said:
You must not watch much international soccer.
[
35875mv.jpg

eznark

Banned
NoRéN said:
None. But is there an inverse correlation between Milwaukee Brewers fans and soccer fans? Or are you implying people who like any other sport automatically don't like soccer?

eznark

Banned
Ok, so back to my question. What's with dude sulking all over the field, or is that just the normal body language for international soccer? I don't really get your point.

Excuse me for attempting to get interested.

NoRéN

shoplifter said:
At this rate England will take us apart.
no communication in midfield. Defenders not backing each other up. And Bradley is experimenting with the LM and RM positions. It really sucks!

NoRéN

eznark said:
Ok, so back to my question. What's with dude sulking all over the field, or is that just the normal body language for international soccer? I don't really get your point.

See, now you're trying to generalize based on one game.

eznark said:

Dempsey always looks like he's ready to off himself, lulling the defense into a pitying state so he can smash one home from 30 yards out.

NoRéN

sw33tclyde said:
Dempsey always looks like he's ready to off himself, lulling the defense into a pitying state so he can smash one home from 30 yards out.
that or have his body turned away from goal at 18 yards out, only to quickly turn and chip the ball into goal to knock one of the giants of european competition.

eznark

Banned
sw33tclyde said:
Thank you. Now I have context and he won't annoy me so much.

See, now you're trying to generalize based on one game.
Actually I was trying to interpret your intentionally obtuse statement. Your "you must not watch much international soccer, filthy plebe jocko" comment rang as though his attitude were the norm in the sport.

NoRéN

eznark said:
Actually I was trying to interpret your intentionally obtuse statement. Your "you must not watch much international soccer, filthy plebe jocko" comment rang as though his attitude were the norm in the sport.
Pleas find where I said that. Makling up quotes, come on.

NoRéN

cashman said:
Altidore had good move, too bad they couldn't finish it.
Yeah, good getting through the defense. Now, who comes off and on?
Gomes for Altidore. Let's see how him and Dempsey can work.

edit: well, not gomez

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom