• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

US PS5 PRO Pre-Order bros: Any concerns about the shipping strike??

Haven't seen much chatter about this. But of course 1 month before shipments are due to go out, the international shipping union has to strike! Yes, I know. This is probably the most petty thing of all time to be worrying/complaining about. LOLLLLLZZZZZ. BUT, say we live in a petty world (hard to imagine right?), anyone else think/know how much the shipping strike will delay the PS5 Pro shipments? Are we still thinking we're going to receive them on launch day?

Pagusas

Elden Member
No, as you said, its the most petty thing to worry about right now. Even though I preordered I fully recognize there are no major must haves with the pro right now, nothing that makes you want to rush and unbox it the moment it arrives. Isn't the strike on the East coast also? Wouldn't all the PS5 shipments arrive on the west coast?

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member
I wouldn't be surprised if these things are already sitting in regional warehouses waiting to ship via UPS/Fedex and the like since we're only 4 weeks out. I mean, I might be wrong but I doubt they'd be doing a worldwide hardware rollout without already having these things in hand.
Since they are packaged in the US (Terre Haute Indiana of all places) I think for us its safe to assume we have loads sitting here getting packaged as we speak

Future shipments could be impacted though

No, as you said, its the most petty thing to worry about right now. Even though I preordered I fully recognize there are no major must haves with the pro right now, nothing that makes you want to rush and unbox it the moment it arrives. Isn't the strike on the East coast also? Wouldn't all the PS5 shipments arrive on the west coast?
yeah, but i think they'll come in from both coasts. i know SONY has UK warehouses that they ship product to the US from. but you're right. not like they're are really any killer apps to make it a must have. but come on! TOYS!! haha

Magic Carpet

Gold Member
I’m waiting for them to show up on store shelves before bothering.
If they are sitting in containers I wonder if they will be prone to theft. Mad Max style pirates.

ha ha simpsons GIF

I'd be more worried about food, medical supplies, and other essentials that they sold us out a long time ago to, than a video game at that point.
100% that goes without saying. didn't think i needed to hero, virtue signal that. yes, at the end of the day, hurricanes or not, there are starving people and people dying all day around the world; and none of the video game/toy industry means shit. just wanted to get a gamer's/enthusiast's POV of the situation effecting this particular part of the gaming industry currently.

StereoVsn

Kim and I stopped in at a WalMart last night for a few things and walked past the toilet paper aisle and completely wiped out, TP thats made here in the US

People as a whole are stupid
What’s funny there is the US actually exports a lot of paper products. These aren’t shipped from overseas in containers, lol.

At most it might come from CA.

iamvin22

Industry Verified
If you live in the east coast for sure now that everything is being rerouted to the west coast. Also factor in the government wants railways to only be a mile long now instead of whatever they wanted to stack before.

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member
100% that goes without saying. didn't think i needed to hero, virtue signal that. yes, at the end of the day, hurricanes or not, there are starving people and people dying all day around the world; and none of the video game/toy industry means shit. just wanted to get a gamer's/enthusiast's POV of the situation effecting this particular part of the gaming industry currently.
In all fairness your question was asked on a gaming forums so I personally didn't take it as this was the only thing you were concerned over as this just isn't the forums to ask if we thought there would be a shortage of diapers

Total side note my sister lives nearish Asheville and didn't hear from her for several days as they had no electricity or cell service but turns out they are fine with a lot of flood damage to their property

A lot of people I know make fun of me for being a prepper and having a bunker and supplies that I could survive a long time on but seeing what those poor people are going through makes me want to stock more stuff

And no my bunker wouldn't flood on the hill we live on but if it ever would we need an ARK not a bunker

DonkeyPunchJr

World’s Biggest Weeb
I’m losing sleep over it every night. If I don’t have my Pro in hand on 11/7 playing Stellar Blade with slightly better graphics, I don’t know what I’ll do with myself. The uncertainty is killing me.

…nah if I have to suffer with my regular PS5 for a slightly longer duration, due to forces beyond my control, I’ll make it through somehow.

In all fairness your question was asked on a gaming forums so I personally didn't take it as this was the only thing you were concerned over as this just isn't the forums to ask if we thought there would be a shortage of diapers

Total side note my sister lives nearish Asheville and didn't hear from her for several days as they had no electricity or cell service but turns out they are fine with a lot of flood damage to their property

A lot of people I know make fun of me for being a prepper and having a bunker and supplies that I could survive a long time on but seeing what those poor people are going through makes me want to stock more stuff

And no my bunker wouldn't flood on the hill we live on but if it ever would we need an ARK not a bunker
good to hear your family is good bro! yeah, crazy stuff with our infrastructure and the gov's bullshit response.

i just bought 250 more 00 12 gauge shells this morning getting all freaked about prepping. ordered up some extra canned goods and things just in case. i'm all with yah! better safe than sorry. don't have a bunker! YET..... ;)

Last edited:

saintjules

Gold Member
Since they are packaged in the US (Terre Haute Indiana of all places) I think for us its safe to assume we have loads sitting here getting packaged as we speak

Future shipments could be impacted though

I visited PS packaging HQ where this everything gets boxed in Terre Haute IN but not allowed to talk about what we saw :)

What did you see? You can tell us

Suspicious Futurama GIF

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member
What did you see? You can tell us

Suspicious Futurama GIF
Even back during my first visit we saw the PS5 Pro boxes on a pallet and its why several weeks before official reveal I made this statement

5tqdcpm.png

I will also add that since it was so early they were likely prototype boxes but the Pro on the box at that time was black so was super excited I thought we were getting a black machine at launch

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Yeah, I didn't mean it as a direct attack on you, just mere general thoughts in my head/perspectives.

saintjules

Gold Member
I wonder if Sony is going to do another video to demo the Pro before the release.

Granted most of us already know what it's capable of doing. Just feels like they didn't provide enough to sell this thing.

StereoVsn

I am certainly now looking at solar, batteries and extra generator a lot more seriously, that’s for sure.

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member
I am certainly now looking at solar, batteries and extra generator a lot more seriously, that’s for sure.
I am totally off the grid solar and couldn't be happier

Had an ice storm several years ago in our area and knocked out power for about 2 weeks all around us and literally paid for itself then alone imo

That's 40 minutes away from me. I'll drive my ass over lol
Really where are you from then? I am about that distance away as well in Jasper IN

DavidGzz

I am totally off the grid solar and couldn't be happier

Had an ice storm several years ago in our area and knocked out power for about 2 weeks all around us and literally paid for itself then alone imo

Really where are you from then? I am about that distance away as well in Jasper IN

Home of the first Jimmy John's location and Eastern Il. University. Charleston, IL.

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
Haven't seen much chatter about this. But of course 1 month before shipments are due to go out, the international shipping union has to strike! Yes, I know. This is probably the most petty thing of all time to be worrying/complaining about. LOLLLLLZZZZZ. BUT, say we live in a petty world (hard to imagine right?), anyone else think/know how much the shipping strike will delay the PS5 Pro shipments? Are we still thinking we're going to receive them on launch day?

Petty? Man I want my PS5 Pro! It's not petty at all. It's an import. Our stuff matters too.

Top Bottom