• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

US PS5 PRO Pre-Order bros: Any concerns about the shipping strike??

jroc74

Phone reception is more important to me than human rights
I wouldn't be surprised if these things are already sitting in regional warehouses waiting to ship via UPS/Fedex and the like since we're only 4 weeks out. I mean, I might be wrong but I doubt they'd be doing a worldwide hardware rollout without already having these things in hand.

Since they are packaged in the US (Terre Haute Indiana of all places) I think for us its safe to assume we have loads sitting here getting packaged as we speak

Future shipments could be impacted though
Yeah I didnt think they would be coming from overseas.

Now...a year or 2 ago I got a laptop from Lenovo that was shipped from overseas. I didnt know until I placed the order.

Last edited:

Katatonic

I am realllllly trying to resist making fun of the OP but.... it's really hard.

so excited about an expensive ass system that has no real killer game and worried about a preorder? jfc

you mad big sean GIF

Katatonic

Since they are packaged in the US (Terre Haute Indiana of all places) I think for us its safe to assume we have loads sitting here getting packaged as we speak

Future shipments could be impacted though
Terre Haute? I remember back in the day, Columbia House used to ship from there as well. I'm guessing it's the same warehouse.

MayauMiao

Haven't seen much chatter about this. But of course 1 month before shipments are due to go out, the international shipping union has to strike! Yes, I know. This is probably the most petty thing of all time to be worrying/complaining about. LOLLLLLZZZZZ. BUT, say we live in a petty world (hard to imagine right?), anyone else think/know how much the shipping strike will delay the PS5 Pro shipments? Are we still thinking we're going to receive them on launch day?

tO5xJ2E.jpeg

Haven't seen much chatter about this. But of course 1 month before shipments are due to go out, the international shipping union has to strike! Yes, I know. This is probably the most petty thing of all time to be worrying/complaining about. LOLLLLLZZZZZ. BUT, say we live in a petty world (hard to imagine right?), anyone else think/know how much the shipping strike will delay the PS5 Pro shipments? Are we still thinking we're going to receive them on launch day?
They would probably just bring them into the ports on the west coast since they aren't on strike.

5TmgV94.png

MrMephistoX

🤷‍♂️ enough about the topic to say for certain but since they are manufactured in China wouldn’t west coast ports be somewhat unscathed? Truckers and air freight aren’t affected so if it became an issue for the rest of the country could Sony and other retailers not just ship west to east? I’m more concerned about food supplies coming in from the Midwest but again CA and the west coast are largely supplied by CA so I guess we’d be fine?

Quantum253

Gold Member
There are now some rumors swirling around that the East coast longshoreman union is trying to get the West coast workers to join in solidarity. I don't know the legitimacy of this outside of knowing a couple of port security personnel.
I don't think it will happen though.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
I'm not sure how other states are handling it but here in Florida our governor is sending the Florida national guard to help with the shipping in order to keep things moving smooth in this particular state. That's what I call a proactive governor for his people.

Last edited:

ReBurn

Gold Member
If the strike goes on for too long the president will probably invoke Taft-Hartley and make the longshoremen go back to work while negotiations continue.

dmaul1114

Nah. Would be surprised if it didn't come on time. And no biggie if it doesn't as I'm not ditching my launch PS5 until I get it and November is a busy month with a couple of trips so I won't do a ton of gaming anyway.

Working on some Switch and XSX games now anyway, while holding off Spider-Man 2 and RE4 remake on PS5 Pro to play the enhanced versions--and obviously I haven't been dying to play those games since I haven't gotten around to them for so long after they launched.

Kerotan

At least it's not in Europe where the strike we have to worry about is those Houti tramps in Yemen sinking our delivery ship from Japan. Could you imagine my 30th anniversary edition ended up bottom of the sea.

kruis

Exposing the sinister cartel of retailers who allow companies to pay for advertising space.
At least it's not in Europe where the strike we have to worry about is those Houti tramps in Yemen sinking our delivery ship from Japan. Could you imagine my 30th anniversary edition ended up bottom of the sea.

The shipping strikes is going to hurt European economies as well. Since it's only harbor workers on the east coast and gulf coast that are going to strike, exports from Asia to the west coast won't be affected, but exports from Europe and oil from the Middle East won't get processed. One worry is the European harbors are going to fill up with container ships filled with European products that have nowhere to go to when US harbors close.

If the strike goes on for too long the president will probably invoke Taft-Hartley and make the longshoremen go back to work while negotiations continue.
heard that could happen. and the union head said they would just do the bare minimum. and it would only be 90 days. so would still cause major delays.

Kerotan

The shipping strikes is going to hurt European economies as well. Since it's only harbor workers on the east coast and gulf coast that are going to strike, exports from Asia to the west coast won't be affected, but exports from Europe and oil from the Middle East won't get processed. One worry is the European harbors are going to fill up with container ships filled with European products that have nowhere to go to when US harbors close.
That's what I meant.. I'm in Europe. If Israel takes out Iran's power stations and oil/gas terminals Iran might say fuck it and start sinking ships sailing by. The world economy can't catch a break for years now. Imagine that followed by a Taiwan war for the PS6.

kruis

Exposing the sinister cartel of retailers who allow companies to pay for advertising space.
Crisis averted - for now.

A historic United States port strike has been suspended, according to the International Longshoremen’s Association and the U.S. Maritime Alliance.

A tentative agreement was reached "on wages" and extending "the Master Contract until January 15, 2025 to return to the bargaining table to negotiate all other outstanding issues," the ILA and USMX said in a joint statement Thursday evening.

"Effective immediately, all current job actions will cease and all work covered by the Master Contract will resume," the statement read.

ManaByte

Crisis averted - for now.

A historic United States port strike has been suspended, according to the International Longshoremen’s Association and the U.S. Maritime Alliance.

A tentative agreement was reached "on wages" and extending "the Master Contract until January 15, 2025 to return to the bargaining table to negotiate all other outstanding issues," the ILA and USMX said in a joint statement Thursday evening.

"Effective immediately, all current job actions will cease and all work covered by the Master Contract will resume," the statement read.
tReS3NZ.jpeg

Top Bottom