• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UW Student trying to start alt-right group pleaded guilty to arson of black churches

Status
Not open for further replies.

eggandI

Banned
And he'll probably get jail time which is just so fucked up and as bad as arson. Why can't we just sit him down and have a debate about ideas?

UberTag

"Wisconsin American Freedom Party Chapter."

Lol, right-wingers sure do love to use the word 'freedom' whenever they mean the exact opposite.
When they think of freedom, they mean freedom from having to be treated as equals with people who don't look like them.

mr jones

Ethnicity is not a race!
Aw...

He even has a letter of recommendation from a person of color on LinkedIn. That dude had no idea who he was endorsing.

Sad. :(

The juxtaposition between his LinkedIn profile picture and his Twitter profile picture is beautiful.

Aside from being an academic overachiever, and having a diverse extracurricular experience, I am driven by curiosity, creativity, and passion for software and technology. My real-world experience in web development environments, along with my innate moral character, make me an exceptional contributor to my employer.

Dude has a low tier LinkedIn bio. Do better.

I was thinking the University of Washington? Starting an alt-right group? Yeah, good fucking luck with that. But then I see Wisconsin and it makes a bit more sense.

Jonnax

The juxtaposition between his LinkedIn profile picture and his Twitter profile picture is beautiful.

Dude has a low tier LinkedIn bio. Do better.

Lol. Calling himself an overachiever.

"Innate moral character"

It really feels like someone saying that they have good morals means that absolute opposite.

Madison is a liberal haven, especially the UW campus. We do occasionally have racist bros on campus but it's pretty progressive.

The state recently got ranked as the worst state for African American residents in the country- http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1332114

They're right in that Madison is basically your typical liberal college town, if not a bit more liberal than normal. Wisconsin in general being a terrible place for AA residents isn't surprising considering the terrible state of Milwaukee (as someone who has family there and used to visit at least once a year).

A 33-year-old "student"

Riiiiiight

That's not fair. I went back to college for EE (for fun) at 28 years old then did my Master's Program from age 34 through 39. Not everybody gives up on education because they "too adult" for it, and it's really crummy to make fun of someone for going to school when you have other perfectly legitimate ammo about that person that's worth criticizing. You know, like arson. That's a little bit less noble than a continuing adult education.

34 through 39 because one night class per semester -- perhaps not super fast or efficient, but when the end result is a 4.0 GPA Master's Degree, it feels pretty good

That's not fair. I went back to college for EE (for fun) at 28 years old then did my Master's Program from age 34 through 39. Not everybody gives up on education because they "too adult" for it, and it's really crummy to make fun of someone for going to school when you have other perfectly legitimate ammo about that person that's worth criticizing. You know, like arson. That's a little bit less noble than a continuing adult education.

34 through 39 because one night class per semester -- perhaps not super fast or efficient, but when the end result is a 4.0 GPA Master's Degree, it feels pretty good

Yeah, wait....what? I went back to school at 34 (funnily enough, for EE). Does that make me a student or a "student"?

Sorry, I need to elaborate.

Every single older student that I've encountered, either through the GI Bill or coming from the workforce, is by far the smartest, most applied, most mature, least BS students in the class. Hell by the end of the semester they'd be so far ahead they'd even be helping TAs.

I don't know what the headspace this guy is occupying when he's that old and trying to start an "alt-right" group. I question if he's even there for an education or just trying to stir up shit in a university.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom