• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Valve's fake, rigged, waste of time Progress Quest troll Portal 2 ARG

BY2K

Membero Americo
Jubbly said:
So I've got gold on both of the two C.H.A.S. levels in Defense Grid, yet the achievement hasn't unlocked.

Text says "Earn a gold medal on all the modes of Tony's Training and C.H.A.S."

Are there more to be found, perhaps something to do with Tony's Training?

I think we can expect a new update for Defense Grid today or tomorrow with new maps for C.H.A.S and the special one for the recruitment drive (my guess is it will be accessible only to the 100 recruits. The Achievement mentions finding other recruit after this, so there's gonna be another one.)

Baha

Two new achievements added to Defense Grid:

Top of the Class
Earn a gold medal on all the modes of Tony's Training and C.H.A.S.

Few and Proud
Volunteered to take part and completed the mission! You may now recruit another group.

Akia

52869.png

I hope this game gets street broken in NYC this weekend if it's unlocked early on Steam. :( It's like they don't want me to take advantage of their awesome SteamPlay option.

adg1034 said:
So... anyone want to go in on a Portal 2 two-pack?
FUCK! I just pre-ordered 20 minutes ago because of this rumour it might unlock earlier for people that pre-ordered, where were you 20 minutes ago??!!!! alaf;ldldFHlADFhadlJf

adg1034 said:
Is this the part where I say I completed Descent and got the login screen on my first try?

Same here, it really wasn't difficult at all for me. TWEoTW was a pain in the ass though, after about half an hour I cheated and used the easter egg to get it.

Isn't it about time for Portal 2's OT? I noticed Mortal Kombat's is up, I believe they have the same release date. I'd volunteer to do it, but I'm nowhere near the kind of OT wizard that a title like this requires. I'd be surprised if one of the more Valve-ey posters isn't already brewing up something wondrous.

Nabs

theinfinityissue said:
Isn't it about time for Portal 2's OT? I noticed Mortal Kombat's is up, I believe they have the same release date. I'd volunteer to do it, but I'm nowhere near the kind of OT wizard that a title like this requires. I'd be surprised if one of the more Valve-ey posters isn't already brewing up something wondrous.
It's already being worked on

having recently finished rubicon i never cared for ARG's in general, maybe because they're only faintly interesting to read about after the fact and only entertaining in a timely sort of way

that said i'm practically cross-checking the time of day with my cereal boxes and if there's an early release for people who earned all 13 potatoes i will die of envy... some of us can't afford the potato pack :[

HA! They're boots now, not knee replacements! Damn you, Valve. This trailer also confirms that Chell is human after all. No more discussions and theories about her being an android, yay!
conspiracy theories in 3 ... 2 ... 1 ...

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
I'm starting to think an early unlock for pre-orders is very, very possible.

The 'investing' in Aperture Laboratories has been the major theme of all these pre-release videos. Everything seems to imply that investing will net rewards. Just read the description for this final trailer;

Over the last few weeks, we've gotten quite a few enticing reasons to pre-invest in Aperture Laboratories: from the planks of tomorrow, to test-optimized bots, to the last word in pre-emptive defense, the Home Safety Turret. Today marks Aperture's fourth and final Investment Opportunity video, and if it doesn't get you reaching for your special investment wallet, you wouldn't know a can't-miss opportunity if it was staring you in the face, yelling at you about boots.

theinfinityissue said:
Should be up by Thursday or Friday. I apologize for the delay, everyone. We're just trying to make sure it looks good.

BY2K

Membero Americo
ypass t�can see�rked so�ct ever�from th�. ortu�initiat�iven me

Baha

I've located enough test subjects to bypass the defense grid. Now I can see why they worked so hard to protect everyone's eyes from the "art" inside. Fortunaely, the iniatiative has also given me just enough power to activate the post-prelude pre-reboot multi-chamber colloboration recruitment protocol. I am watching and your efforts will not go unrewarded. Stand By.

MasterShotgun

brazen editing lynx
I've located enough test subjects to bypass the defense grid. Now I can see why they worked so hard to protect everyone's eyes from the "art" inside. Fortunately, the initiative has also given me just enough power to activate the Post-Prelude Pre-Reboot Multi-Chamber Collaboration Recruitment Protocol. I am watching, and your efforts will not go unrewarded. Stand by.

1) I'm guessing the map really did spell out PRELUDE.
2) The thing about REBOOT might have something to do with those bathysphere picture pieces. (Each of them contained an anagram for REBOOT PROCESS.)

And the rabbit hole gets even deeper once again.

Zomba13

MasterShotgun said:
1) I'm guessing the map really did spell out PRELUDE.
2) The thing about REBOOT might have something to do with those bathysphere picture pieces. (Each of them contained an anagram for REBOOT PROCESS.)

And the rabbit hole gets even deeper once again.
Looks like they weren't crazy for connecting da dots and making out Prelude on the map.

Also sounds like we'll get something for pre-ordering (pre-investing in) Portal 2 and for participating in this ARG. I just hope we get something even if we don't have all 13 potatoes.
I did think that you'd get the portal pin in TF2 for pre-ordering Portal 2 but they've given it out for playing the potato sack games.

Baha

Can anybody here with 13 potatoes on their steam profile access their steam profile? People without potatoes will load their profiles fine, those with at least one are getting "unable to connect to database".

Baha

Zomba13 said:
I don't have 13 but I do have 7 and can't get on to mine. Maybe profiles are just down?

No, check your friend's without potatoes. Ok it seems that if you have 1 you can. We're trying to figure out what the break off is atm.

[EDIT] seems there's no rhyme or reason as some people with even less than 7 can't access their profiles and other can't.

Baha said:
No, check your friend's without potatoes. Ok it seems that if you have 1 you can. We're trying to figure out what the break off is atm.
13 and can't connect to mine but I can connect fine to a profile from my list with 5 potatoes?

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
I have three taters and I can access it.

Top Bottom