• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Veterinarian who killed neighbor's dog with a mallet convicted.

Status
Not open for further replies.

AirBrian

Texas Vet Who Bludgeoned Dog Convicted

FORT WORTH, Texas - A veterinarian who beat his neighbor's miniature dachshund to death with a mallet after the dog got into his yard was convicted Tuesday of animal cruelty.

Mircea Volosen, 45, faces a maximum two years in jail and a $10,000 fine. He was convicted by a judge after waiving a jury trial.

Kevin Ball testified Monday that he apologized when his dachshund ran into Volosen's back yard last summer, then watched in disbelief as his neighbor bludgeoned the dog.

The veterinarian's wife, Natalia Volosen, said that four of the couple's chickens died from trauma of being chased by the 2-year-old dachshund. But a police officer testified that there were no dead chickens in Volosen's yard that day.
Volosen killed a neighborhood Labrador retriever in 2002, but police filed no charges because the dog had killed seven of Volosen's rabbits and one of his chickens.

"He's a man who escapes from a Communist Romania to live in the land of the free, where you have a right to protect your property," said Bryan Buchanan, one of Volosen's attorneys. "And now this happens to him."
http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/ap/20040714/ap_on_re_us/vet_animal_cruelty_1

I think his veterinarian days are over.

calder

Yikes! I guess being a vet might make you paradoxically immune to killing animals, but that shit is fucked up. I hope he gets some jail time. :mad

Although it's not that weird he's an eastern european immigrant - back home several ppl from former Soviet Bloc countries settled down and bought some farm land and they all seemed to be hyper fussy about "their land" and tended to overreact to anything involving ppl "trespassing". Some russian family bought land next to my friends' parents' farm and they were super nice people except they were just fixated about anyone driving down a small section of their lane (about half a km from their house and yard) in order to take a shortcut to the highway.

"He's a man who escapes from a Communist Romania to live in the land of the free, where you have a right to protect your property," said Bryan Buchanan, one of Volosen's attorneys. "And now this happens to him."

See this is why lawyers should be used for science experiments.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom