• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Vice President Mike Pence Met Privately With Top Russian Cleric

A top cleric of the Russian Orthodox Church and ally of Russian President Vladimir Putin met privately with Vice President Mike Pence Thursday morning and urged the U.S. to cooperate with Russia to combat terrorism in the Middle East.
Metropolitan Hilarion Alfeyev of Moscow, who chairs the Russian Orthodox Church’s external relations department, spoke with Pence backstage at evangelist Franklin Graham’s Washington summit on religious violence against Christians.

Everyone is meeting with Russians

Pence addressed Graham’s summit on Thursday morning. He told the crowd that the topic of violence against Christians was of “enormous importance to this administration,” and called ISIS guilty of “genocide against people of the Christian faith.” Hilarion says he found Pence’s speech “exceptional,” and expects to meet with Putin when he returns home to discuss his conversation with Pence.

http://time.com/4776717/mike-pence-russian-cleric-hilarion-alfeyev/

"Persecuted" Christians in the West find friends in Russia. News at 11.

Any consequences for the 100% confirmed fucking with ours' and France's election? Anything? So sickening seeing this warm welcome into our fucking house.

Prax

Considering Russia and its orthodox church has launched outlawing competing christian sects like the Jehovah's Witnesses, I would not take this very lightly.

"Persecuted" Christians in the West find friends in Russia. News at 11.

It is partially why Republicans were starting to warm up to Russia years before Trump came along, though.

Of course you don't

I really hate to agree with Bruce, but he's probably right. Back in Indiana, all Pence could talk about to people he invited to dinner was work and religion.

Also, the Russian guy probably brought up how sad it was that gay people exist here and how Christian freedom is violated every time a gay couple gets married, which would have added plenty of time to their conversation.

Also, the Russian guy probably brought up how sad it was that gay people exist here and how Christian freedom is violated every time a gay couple gets married, which would have added plenty of time to their conversation.

I've never heard Pence be called the "Russian guy" before, but yes he probably brought it up.

It is partially why Republicans were starting to warm up to Russia years before Trump came along, though.

Well that's what I am getting at. That's why a lot of the GOP has no problem with Russia. They largely agree with what goes on there, even if laws are being broken.
It's worrisome if any of that ideology takes hold in the US, given how they are banning other religions there and decriminalizing domestic violence.

They're all traitors. Still waiting for the Maverick to do something.

Remember a time when the USG would have nothing in common with the Russian government?

What's worse?
A President who's compromised by Russia

A President whose ideology is largely the same as Russia

Who, McCain? Don't hold your breath. I'll believe it when there's a special prosecutor. One no vote in a heat of passion while telling Cornyn to go fuck himself isn't exactly a long track record compared to his deeds, not words, over the last decade.

You'll be waiting a long time, McCain as a maverick is a laughable gimmick that he's predictably tricked CNN, the trash of cable news, into thinking. He always votes down party lines, doesn't matter what he says to the press, same with graham

Trump discredited him being a POW and he's still in Trump's pocket, he's a joke

RootCause

You'll be waiting a long time, McCain as a maverick is a laughable gimmick that he's predictably tricked CNN, the trash of cable news, into thinking. He always votes down party lines, doesn't matter what he says to the press, same with graham

Trump discredited him being a POW and he's still in Trump's pocket, he's a joke

Who, McCain? Don't hold your breath. I'll believe it when there's a special prosecutor. One no vote in a heat of passion while telling Cornyn to go fuck himself isn't exactly a long track record compared to his deeds, not words, over the last decade.

Of course I don't expect him to do anything. I was being sarcastic. He trashed them all, both professionally, and personally. Yet, they stood by him like the cowards they are.

Glix

Based on the description of what was talked about, and how Pence is very open about his religion, I don't think this is some scandal

Yeah, they just discussed how to discriminate and marginalize non-majority religions, like they do in Russia. Oh, thats right, I'm sure this cleric that is a close ally of Putin had NOTHING to do with that kind of suff /s. Pence just wanted some tips.

No big deal.

theWB27

Bruce doesn't see a problem with the administration fucking around with russia...as predictable as a trump Twitter meltdown.

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
"Meester Pence. I no understand why you shock the gays. Bwullet is cheaper, faster, yes?"

As a christian this makes me really upset. The only thing hard about being a christian in the US is that we aren't persecuted so we lose focus of what matters and helping people and instead get concerned about exagerrating things, crying out to the end of the world, and attacking groups of people who have different lifestyles that don't line up with biblical christianity.

People are more concerned about being persecuted that they dig their heads in the sand and wont adapt to and accept the changing world.
/rant

akira28

and the russian orthodox church is very tight with the Russian corruption class as well as the money power positions.

rackham

Banned
ISIS is committing genocide against Middle Eastern Christians and is trying to extend their reach to the world. Why are people arguing that?

Vyer

I mean....if you were the Russians and were trying to come up with the perfect way to get some (more?) hooks into a guy like Pence, this is pretty much the perfect strategy.

ISIS is committing genocide against Middle Eastern Christians and is trying to extend their reach to the world. Why are people arguing that?

these Western SJWs think that because Christians are the majority in the West that they don't need to be defended in the Middle-East where they are the minority

it is a really flawd train of thought and dangerously ignorent on their part.

I mean....if you were the Russians and were trying to come up with the perfect way to get some (more?) hooks into a guy like Pence, this is pretty much the perfect strategy.
Russia's operation are really smart on targetting the weaknesses of their intended puppets.

Pence beign rediculously religious open him as a dumb easy target with the use of Pro-Kremlin controlled Orthodox Clerics

these Western SJWs think that because Christians are the majority in the West that they don't need to be defended in the Middle-East where they are the minority

it is a really flawd train of thought and dangerously ignorent on their part.

Russia's operation are really smart on targetting the weaknesses of their intended puppets.

Pence beign rediculously religious open him as a dumb easy target with the use of Pro-Kremlin controlled Orthodox Clerics

wat

daveo42

Banned
You'd think that anyone smart would maybe hold off on all the Russia stuff during a Russia probe and the firing of the dude investigating the Russia probe at the FBI, plus the house and senate committees too. You. Would. Think.

Top Bottom