• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Viewtiful Joe, Nice easy question for somebody

• Thread starter Deleted member 1235
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
How the hell do I get the pink boxes in the backgrounds?

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
Mach speed on some enemies until you create after images, one of those images will open it up for you.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Go Mach Speed and attack an enemy. You'll need to upgrade your Mach Speed move though in order for Joe to hit objects in the background

8bit

Knows the Score
Speed Up and knock the crap out of a couple of enemies, you'll see clone Joes appear in the background. These guys will burst the boxes open for you.

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
I swear i'm doing that, nothing happens, do the enemies need to die when they hit the box or something?

when I get a slow motion sometimes the box gets a target around it. This is seriously doing my head in, I have given up even trying to get them because I just die.

Wait, so I need to do the Mach speed thing for a while and one of the joes just hits the box?

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Get an enemy dizzy first so that they're vulnerable for attack. Then keep in Mach Speed mode while holding punch. You'll probably need for FX meter full when you do it, it takes a while to hit the boxes in the background

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
thanks. I'll give it a shot. seems odd, the game doesn't tell you how.

Vlad

catfish said:
thanks. I'll give it a shot. seems odd, the game doesn't tell you how.

Well, it sorta does. When you learn the Mach Speed, it shows the afterimages of Joe flying towards the boxes in the background (when it teaches you how to punch/kick when using Mach).

The only way you can get the afterimages to appear is if you get a constant stream of attacks in, which as Wario said, you need to dizzy them first.

Upgrading Mach Speed to level two or three will make more afterimages appear when doing Mach Speed attacks, making the boxes break quicker.

If there are no enemies in the area, you can use the bomb item (Shocking Pink) and attack that.

Top Bottom