• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Vince Zampella Defends the PS5 Pro Price And 'We'll See' What It Means for Battlefield

XXL

"I mean, I think it's expected and anything that gets us better performance for the people that really love it. To me, it's an amazing thing. I was watching something on it where the price... where they look at is it the most expensive. And it really isn't," he said. "If you go back, some of the older consoles were just as expensive and probably adjusted for inflation were probably more. So it at first seemed a little shocking, but it's kind of like, it's actually not that bad. And if you get a $700 PC, you're not getting the same performance that you're getting out of it."

He continued, "So I mean, it's a balance. Is it expensive for people? Absolutely. Not everybody will be able to afford it. Would it be better if it was cheaper? Sure. I want more people to have it. But it makes sense, really."

Hrk69

Gold Member
Animated GIF

XXL

He's the co-creator of Infinity Ward and Call of Duty.

He also made Titanfall and Apex Legends.

Expensive is going to depend on who you ask. I spend over double the PS5 pro every year on my other Hobby. A one time payment of $780 for something I will spend more time on than I do my other hobby for the next 3 years is good deal for me. Especially because I'll sell my old PS5 Slim so I wont even spend $780.

lol this guy still talking about battlefield like it’s still a relevant franchise

People still get excited for it but yea they need to turn things around soon.

Last edited:

mrcroket

Expensive is going to depend on who you ask. I spend over double the PS5 pro every year on my other Hobby. A one time payment of $780 for something I will spend more time on than I do my other hobby for the next 3 years is good deal for me. Especially because I'll sell my old PS5 Slim so I wont even spend $780.

It's expensive for what you get, it doesn't make sense to compare it to other hobbies.

RoboFu

One of the green rats
It means nothing really. It's always going to be higher setting for ps5 games. That's all. Which is cool For the people who want that, but it's not something very different.

amazing you are so open about prostitution just like that. what a woke new world.

jk's jk's - i jest.

That being said, i agree with what you say but with the caveat that console gaming was still affordable when the relative prices of consoles stayed the same. But we cant deny the fact that at these prices, its pricing out many of the reasons why consoles exist. Its supposed to be a much cheaper alternative to PC gaming and with the way things are going now, that gap is practically non-existent with this price gouge. In canada. this is priced at over a thousand dollars before tax. That's almost approaching mortgage payment territory. Regardless if you can trade up to it or not, this is the start of a bad trend for console gaming.

Last edited:

Haint

LOL this clown got so much money he literally generates $700 an hour in straight savings account interest. Might as well ask Elon Musk what he thinks about grocery store prices while they're at it.

SkylineRKR

He isn't wrong, the PS5 was 399-499 but came out the night before the inflations hit. It would've been easily 599-699 if it was released in 2022 instead. These prices are the new standard. Its not like a new Xbox is getting cheaper and I wouldn't rule out a Switch 2 for 499.

But Zampella however, he has a net worth of 40 million according to a quick search. He can buy Pros for his entire studio.

EDMIX

Writes a lot, says very little
Please bring back large scale destruction physics.
Please Please Cat GIF by Guldhart

That might be why they are going back to 64 players, its likely to have more to do physics based stuff while maintaining a playable frame rate.

Just a theory, but I think they felt 128 players cost more to do then it was worth.
man, imagine being able to destroy the entire city in that concept art they shared? Commander coming back would be great too, i found nobody communicated in VC in 2042, it was sad

lol I'm not sure we'll see something like that in this game, in a large scale form with vehicles from land, air and sea, I just don't know if that is even feasible.

Maybe with some PS6 game or something.
BF>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>COD always for me.

Same

pasterpl

Means nothing, zero correlation, PS5 is on fire and it is 2nd behind Switch (I know, mixed gens), BF is not relevant anymore, not even in the first top 10 of shooters.

Z O N E

Didn't we have developers come out and say there are too many "versions" of a game they have to make and that it adds to the workload.

But now it's perfectly fine to add ANOTHER console to add even more versions of games they were already complaining about.

So which is it?

Too many versions = bad
Too many versions = good

Top Bottom