• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Visions of Mana details Aesh, more Elemental Vessels, Elemental Plots, and Li’l Cactus

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum

Aesh (voiced by Y. Chang in English, Shinnosuke Tachibana in Japanese)
Visions-of-Mana_2024_07-18-24_004-768x1084.png

Aesh is a scholar from the Log’grattzo Dark Archives who will stop at nothing to satisfy his curiosity. Aesh’s interests are vast and varied, earning him the respect of his peers and the title of head curator despite his young age.

■ Elemental Vessels

Elemental vessels are mystical artifacts that house the power of the elements within them. Each vessel contains mana from a different element. You can wield these powers in combat and while exploring.

Exploration: Elemental Triggers

You can use an elemental vessel at the curiously glowing triggers scattered throughout the land and harness its individual power to generate gusts of wind, move rocks, or even slow down time to open pathways and find hidden items on the map. Once you get a new vessel, don’t forget to revisit areas you’ve already passed through. Accessing other triggers will unlock new places for you to explore.

Battles: Switching Classes

Obtain the various elemental vessels to switch your characters to new classes. Different classes unlock different stats, weapon types, and unique moves or abilities based on their corresponding elemental. Some abilities can restrict an enemy’s movements or cast regenerative effects to heal your allies. Change classes to see which element has the best skills for your individual fighting style!

■ Elemental Vessels: Exploration and Triggers

Here are some examples of what you can do with those mysterious elemental vessels out in the huge semi-open field. Use the corresponding vessel to activate the trigger and continue your adventure.

Vessel of Earth: Gnome Shovel

Gnome is the elemental of earth. His elemental vessel can control things created from the ground below. You can operate powerful clay golems you find during your explorations and use them to destroy rock walls that block your progress.
Visions-of-Mana_2024_07-18-24_008-768x432.jpg
Visions-of-Mana_2024_07-18-24_009-768x432.jpg
Visions-of-Mana_2024_07-18-24_010-768x432.jpg

Vessel of Light: Lumina Lantern

Lumina is the elemental of light. His elemental vessel can harness the power of reflections. You can point the Lumina Lantern at reflective mirrors to bounce light into hidden areas and illuminate your way through the field.
Visions-of-Mana_2024_07-18-24_011-768x432.jpg
Visions-of-Mana_2024_07-18-24_012-768x432.jpg
Visions-of-Mana_2024_07-18-24_013-768x432.jpg

Vessel of Darkness: Shade Sight

Shade is the elemental of darkness. His elemental vessel can harness the power of gravity. You can use the vessel on objects in the field to pull yourself toward areas you can’t reach by jumping or dashing.
Visions-of-Mana_2024_07-18-24_014-768x432.jpg
Visions-of-Mana_2024_07-18-24_015-768x432.jpg
Visions-of-Mana_2024_07-18-24_016-768x432.jpg

■ Elemental Vessels: Battles and Classes
Use the elemental powers in the vessels to change classes and gain new abilities. Each character has their own specific class for every elemental vessel, so try them out and see which combination of classes fits for your team of choice!
Vessel of Earth: Gnome Shovel
Gnome is the elemental of earth. His elemental vessel can control things created from the ground below. Protect your party members by summoning a rock shield in battle, reducing the damage done by enemy attacks.

—Morley + Gnome Shovel = Class: Ninja Master

—Julei + Gnome Shovel = Class: Hunter

—Val + Gnome Shovel = Class: Weapon Master

Vessel of Light: Lumina Lantern
Lumina is the elemental of light. His elemental vessel can harness the power of reflections. Link enemies together with rays of light in battle, reflecting the damage from one enemy onto the other.

—Palamena + Lumina Lantern = Class: Archmage

—Julei + Lumina Lantern = Class: Sovereign

—Val + Lumina Lantern = Class: Paladin

Vessel of Darkness: Shade Sight
Shade is the elemental of darkness. His elemental vessel can harness the power of gravity. Pull smaller enemies towards you, or for larger enemies, swing yourself closer to get back into the fray.

—Careena + Shade Sight = Class: Maverick

—Val + Shade Sight = Class: Berserker

—Julei + Shade Sight = Class: Necromancer

■ Elemental Vessels: Elemental Plots
Elemental plots are unlocked whenever a new vessel is obtained. As a character progresses through the elemental plot, their affinity to that element increases, clearing the way to learn powerful moves and abilities. Elemental points are needed to advance along the plot. There are two main methods to obtain elemental points.
Elementite
Elementite are large glowing crystals found across the land. Elementite can be found in areas all across the world. Search it out to earn elemental points.

Gold Clover
These shining golden clovers are found scattered around the land. They can be used to enhance Elemental Plots, exchanging one Gold Clover for one elemental point.

Expanding Weapon Options
Val’s default weapon is a small sword, but his starter class can learn to equip great swords and lances.

Assign Class-specific Abilities to the Starter Class
Abilities from the elemental plot that start out class-specific can be assigned to the starter class.

Use the Class Strikes of Other Classes
As the starter class learns to equip more weapons, the more options it has for class strikes.

■ Li’l Cactus
The Mana series’ curious Li’l Cactus is back! He’s traveling the world, jotting down all his thoughts and experiences in the Cactus Diary. Reading about his grand adventure might even give you some insight into own!

—A cactus of few words. He never stays rooted in one place for too long.

DonkeyPunchJr

World’s Biggest Weeb
I’ve been playing Trials of Mana over the past few months. It’s a slow burn, so by the time I finish it, I’ll be ready for Visions on Switch 2.
I just finished my 3rd run of Trials of Mana last week (first time doing the postgame stuff). I didn’t think it was a slow burn at all, it was only about 20 hours for the main game.

Quasicat

I just finished my 3rd run of Trials of Mana last week (first time doing the postgame stuff). I didn’t think it was a slow burn at all, it was only about 20 hours for the main game.
It’s not the game that is making it a slow burn for me, it’s really great! It’s my schedule. I’m in the middle of a 6 semester hour set of classes to get my teaching license renewed all while preparing for my new curriculum in the fall, and being a dad. It’s one of those things where I pick it up for a half hour here and there.

DonkeyPunchJr

World’s Biggest Weeb
It’s not the game that is making it a slow burn for me, it’s really great! It’s my schedule. I’m in the middle of a 6 semester hour set of classes to get my teaching license renewed all while preparing for my new curriculum in the fall, and being a dad. It’s one of those things where I pick it up for a half hour here and there.
Well it sounds like you need to get your priorities straight.

J/k of course. I remember finishing Final Fantasy VI (the ugly iOS version) while my oldest was still an infant and thinking “holy shit I just finished a JRPG, my gaming career isn’t over!” You’ll get there eventually. And Trials is a great game for playing in small pieces.

Exentryk

Class systems are one of my weaknesses. But I would like to try out the combat first. Shame there isn't a demo.

Danjin44

Class systems are one of my weaknesses. But I would like to try out the combat first. Shame there isn't a demo.
From gameplay I saw so far two of its class function very similar to Monster Hunter, one is great sword is basically similar to MH's GS, slower and has charge attacks and another one Lance, some its moves very similar to Lance in MH.

nuAJ93B.gif
6WojTDq.gif

Last edited:

Danjin44

I want to like this game, but I just don't like the character designs. Very off putting.
I personally like it. It matches colorful and cartoony nature of Mana series.

Also this couple days I played dark RPGs like SMT5V and Elden Ring DLC and I really need colorful game like Mana right now.

Last edited:

Guilty_AI

i could swear the MC was a woman the first time i saw him, and that comes from someone very used to JP androgenous designs.

Doomtrain

How? the guy is buff with abs, how fuck can someone see him as woman is beyond me.
Visions-of-Mana_2024_03-28-24_004-768x1084.png
Bigot.

/s

Edit to add something more constructive: I like the character designs and I feel like they're in keeping with the Mana series, which has beautiful art direction as a whole. Everything new I see about this game looks like they're taking the lessons they learned on Trials of Mana and improving on everything, and Trials of Mana was already one of my favorite games in the year it released, so I can't wait for this.

Last edited:

Guilty_AI

How? the guy is buff with abs, how fuck can someone see him as woman is beyond me.
Visions-of-Mana_2024_03-28-24_004-768x1084.png
as the other said, haircut and overall soft features. Most of his buffness couldn't be seem in the trailer and the breaststrap didn't help. Overall looked like a tomboyish girl.

Danjin44

nQvFMAW.png

Well the haircut, the scarf and the pretty soft facial features... if you take just the head he could pass as a woman in a western game.
First western games just gonna make looks realistic not anime and second they are other JP games have"softer facial features" as him.

If you thought Val looks likes a girl then you need glasses.

Nier_Replicant_side_quests.jpg

near

Gold Member
as the other said, haircut and overall soft features. Most of his buffness couldn't be seem in the trailer and the breaststrap didn't help. Overall looked like a tomboyish girl.
He is lowkey wearing a bra, thanks for pointing that out. Now I can’t un-see it!

DeVeAn

I personally like it. It matches colorful and cartoony nature of Mana series.

Also this couple days I played dark RPGs like SMT5V and Elden Ring DLC and I really need colorful game like Mana right now.
I like colorful and cartoony, more the strange cat face character and most the cast looks. Apparently there is a demo so I’ll see if that still bugs me after I try it.

Danjin44

I like colorful and cartoony, more the strange cat face character and most the cast looks. Apparently there is a demo so I’ll see if that still bugs me after I try it.
It’s no different than beast races in Skyrim.
skyrim-races-khajiit.jpg

Last edited:

DeVeAn

Not really it just more stylized, there is lot of RPGs with beast like races.

Unicorn Overlord has them as well.
q9m0q8tadDGCl4P5ApkOmSNcYWuRvB4SijfYBuFZYQAUuYSfX72eZbgId_fCXiE-Zhcg0PHG4Wnu=s640-c-fcrop64=1,00000000ffffffff-nd-v1-rwa
I'm not against them being "cat people" I just think the characters in Visions of Mana look off putting. The cat person in Unicorn looks fine

Top Bottom