• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wanda and the Colossus famitsu scan

Trevelyon

HIDEOS

kidding.jpg

I wonder if there are going to be other enemies in the game other than the giants. In one screen he seems to be holding a shield, and I don't think that's going to do much with a big hammer slamming down on top of him.

I'm going on a media block-out for real this time. I stopped looking at the scans once I saw a new shot of some environments. No way will I spoil this game by seeing everything before I play it.

This is going to be the most painful wait ever. I don't think I've ever taken on a media block-out with a title I anticipate so much, but there is a first time for everything. Somebody please just let me in on when the release date is announced :(. That much I have to find out so I know when the hurting stops.

AssMan

Banned
Is there a way to save the pic to my HD without showing the red x when I want to view it?

Oh yeah. It would be cool if you cool drop the girl the on the ground whenever there are enemies, and fight them to protect her a la ICO.

This got me thinking - should I make a "Wanda and the Colossus Media Embargo Club" thread, where people can keep us up to date with release dates, developer comments, and interviews sans spoilers or media? Am I the only one who wants to undergo the painful media shut-out? If there are bunch of people interested, we should make a little thread for it where we can update it as the months go on with some spoiler-free information.

Heh.

AssMan said:
Oh yeah. It would be cool if you cool drop the girl the on the ground whenever there are enemies, and fight them to protect her a la ICO.

I don't think the girl actually comes along with you. She stays on that alter till themain character can wake her up. The horse according to Ueda is Wanda's "Yorda".

They really have to ditch the Wanda bit, though...sounds like the name of some random barfly from the east coast... Certainly, not very exotic or interesting-sounding.

SantaC

wow very nice!

famitsu is on a fantastic roll this month!

This art >>>>>> Doom3, Quake 4 plastic surgery art.

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
Jason, I feel your pain. I want to stop looking, but I CAN'T! I'm trying to remember just how much I knew about Ico before I started playing it. I knew quite a bit. That game did came out of nowhere to me, and it actually made me buy a PS2, but only after I read IGNs and Gamespot's review and watched videos on their sites. So I had some kind of idea about the game, and honestly I did perceive it as something that is supposed to be incredibly good. Remembering how much I still enjoyed and loved Ico, makes me less worried about knowing things about Wanda. I'll probably look at some new screens, but I wn't be studying them to detail, and I'll watch the official trailer(s), but I won't be studying them either, and I'll make sure to read if there's any spoilers in them first. I probably won't be watching any gameplay videos though. Basically, I'll do the same thing I did with Ico media.

Marconelly said:
Jason, I feel your pain. I want to stop looking, but I CAN'T! I'm trying to remember just how much I knew about Ico before I started playing it. I knew quite a bit. That game did came out of nowhere to me, and it actually made me buy a PS2, but only after I read IGNs and Gamespot's review and watched videos on their sites. So I had some kind of idea about the game, and honestly I did perceive it as something that is supposed to be incredibly good. Remembering how much I still enjoyed and loved Ico, makes me less worried about knowing things about Wanda. I'll probably look at some new screens, but I wn't be studying them to detail, and I'll watch the official trailer(s), but I won't be studying them either, and I'll make sure to read if there's any spoilers in them first. I probably won't be watching any gameplay videos though. Basically, I'll do the same thing I did with Ico media.

Fair enough. I can't do that though. Part of the big effect ICO had on me is that I litterally knew nothing about the game save for that it has a boy with horns. I plopped the disc in without even looking at the back of the box or manual. Heck, I had no idea it had platforming in it. In the end, the whole package took me by surprise because each area was completely new to me and often times were completely unexpected. It was as if I just followed the rabbit down the rabbit hole and came upon something completely unbelievable.

As of now, I've already seen more on this game than I ever did with ICO, and I don't like that. This is going to be bloody painful, especially when the trailers hit the net :(. Anybody want to help carry the burden and join me?

djtiesto

is beloved, despite what anyone might say
OMG, these look even better than the original shots... my frothing demand for this game increases.

AssMan

Banned
don't think the girl actually comes along with you. She stays on that alter till themain character can wake her up. The horse according to Ueda is Wanda's "Yorda".

Well the main hero takes her to a shrine so maybe you'll be able to carry her to the shrine in the begining of the game unless it's a just a cut scene for the intro..

djtiesto

is beloved, despite what anyone might say
DSN2K said:
screw high res textures and bump mapping,

this is going to be the best looking game ever :D

I strongly feel bump mapping and normal mapping make the games look way overdone and unrealistic, anyways... :p

jenov4

Sheer beauty. Love those wide angle shots of Wanda climbing up that colossus thingy.

Thanks for sharing those links.

Mr Gump

Banned
djtiesto said:
I strongly feel bump mapping and normal mapping make the games look way overdone and unrealistic, anyways... :p
Yes because all objects in the world are flat and dont react to light.

maskrider

Mr Gump said:

Do you expect to see solitary watery shiny stones in a desert like place ?

It is not half life 2, farcry nor doom 3 which everything has some shiny surfaces.

BuddyC

JasoNsider said:
Fair enough. I can't do that though. Part of the big effect ICO had on me is that I litterally knew nothing about the game save for that it has a boy with horns. I plopped the disc in without even looking at the back of the box or manual. Heck, I had no idea it had platforming in it. In the end, the whole package took me by surprise because each area was completely new to me and often times were completely unexpected. It was as if I just followed the rabbit down the rabbit hole and came upon something completely unbelievable.

As of now, I've already seen more on this game than I ever did with ICO, and I don't like that. This is going to be bloody painful, especially when the trailers hit the net :(. Anybody want to help carry the burden and join me?
I'm with you Jason.

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
What kind of the world you live in where the objects look like and react to light as they do in games like Doom 3...? As much as technologically accomplished as they are, games like Doom 3 will look painfully dated once we get to the point of more sophisticated rendering alorithms of that kind - much like how early, amateurishly rendered 3D animations look now, after watching something like Onimusha 3 intro, for example.

Eric-GCA

Banned
Damn, I have to wonder what kind of software these guys are using or what kind of tricks are being implemented in order to give the game that look. It's so true that now most devs (especially here in the west) are trying to make things more shiny and plastic looking. Of course, there's probably some filter being used to desaturate the color pallete.

The big scanned images look awesome; quietly photorealistic and atmospheric. I've played maybe 20 minutes of my ICO disc which I picked up 3 days ago. Can't quite get into it yet but I want to. ICO's art style takes a bit of getting used to, doesn't it? I keep squinting at the screen.

Top Bottom