• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Warframe |OT| NINJAS IN SPAAAAACE - PC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Strider

I just started this because of 9.99. I'm confused if I have everything from that DLC pack I bought. The 90d counter is counting down now so I'm assuming that's the exp boost or whatever. Is the platinum the currency beside my credits. 4000 seems not alot since a new frame costs 250 or something. Am I understanding this correctly?

Yes that is correct... But you should not buy any of those frames just yet as they are earnable just by playing (if you really want to just grab 1 or 2 that really stand out to you but just know in general these are not good use of plat... Frames are overpriced).

For now, don't bother going crazy with purchases on the platinum you just bought. The key thing to buy as a new player will be inventory slots for Frames and Weapons so you can have more of them. As you play more and more you'll better understand what to do what to do with that platinum. 4000 plat can go a long way if not wasted.

Kadin

Well I tried playing the game a week or so ago and wasn't too impressed with what I saw. Bought the crazy $9 deal this morning, logged in and played a couple hours and I have a better impression. Haven't spent any of the platinum and don't plan to for a while, but I see a pretty fun game here. Glad to be here with you all.

There does seem to be a fair amount to learn but I'm reading some new player guides and checking out the wiki.

Primus

I just started this because of 9.99. I'm confused if I have everything from that DLC pack I bought. The 90d counter is counting down now so I'm assuming that's the exp boost or whatever. Is the platinum the currency beside my credits. 4000 seems not alot since a new frame costs 250 or something. Am I understanding this correctly?

Pretty much. That booster you've got will increase your Credits (non-premium currency) and Affinity (XP for frames and weapons) for 90 days starting now, so you're best served playing as much as you can.

Feel free to spend a little of that Plat on slots for weapons/Warframes and some color palettes that strike you. Hang on to the rest, though, as it's much more worth it to get most things in-game rather than buy them outright.

The pack also gives you access to a new Warframe and two new weaponsl.

Jellie

Pretty much. That booster you've got will increase your Credits (non-premium currency) and Affinity (XP for frames and weapons) for 90 days starting now, so you're best served playing as much as you can.

Feel free to spend a little of that Plat on slots for weapons/Warframes and some color palettes that strike you. Hang on to the rest, though, as it's much more worth it to get most things in-game rather than buy them outright.

The pack also gives you access to a new Warframe and two new weapons, but you won't be able to use them until you increase your Mastery Rank a little. You do that by levelling up Warframes and weapons. Think of it as kind of your overall Warframe level.

If you buy a weapon or warframe through plat I think you can use them regardless of mastery rank so I would assume prime access packs do the same?

chogidogs

Thanks! Seems fun so far. Also used to the controller but this is good practice for m/k gaming so I'm gonna stick with it for a while.

Kadin

If you buy a weapon or warframe through plat I think you can use them regardless of mastery rank so I would assume prime access packs do the same?
Yeah I was able to equip the items I got at MR 1. I think that's how you refer to it, right? lol

Manzoon

Banned

Yeah I was able to equip the items I got at MR 1. I think that's how you refer to it, right? lol

Wow, I never knew that. Makes sense, those weapons are crazy powerful compared to anything else available to you at the moment.

Nokterian

I was lucky to get this also for 8.99 euro's so far only did bought was a cape and a little companion droid.

So is there a gaf clan? I'm currently playing hydroid and want to farm some frames. I do not buy them only if it is really needed.

Kadin

Wow, I never knew that. Makes sense, those weapons are crazy powerful compared to anything else available to you at the moment.
Crazy powerful is an understatement. I don't know if that's necessarily a good thing because I might get a little over-confident with my ability to slaughter stuff. But so far, I'm having a good time! ;)

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Sorry if it was said already in this thread, but where does one go to activate the pack?

If you log in to Warframe via the Steam client it will notify you immediately upon login to redeem the pack.

chogidogs

So basically, every frame and gear levels up independently. Is the upgrade for mod capacity independent too? Do I have to upgrade each item that I have?

Primus

Wow, news to me as well. Makes sense, though. I edited my earlier post accordingly.

Crazy powerful is an understatement. I don't know if that's necessarily a good thing because I might get a little over-confident with my ability to slaughter stuff. But so far, I'm having a good time! ;)

Both Ballistica Prime and Nami Skyla Prime are decent weapons. B.Prime is kind of like a crossbow-shotgun with extra ghost capabilities, but you really want to be charging shots with it to do max damage. Nami Skyla Prime is a crazy fast melee weapon with very high status % chance, which means you're not going to really be able to use it to full effectiveness until you get melee status mod drops.

Hydroid Prime is...ok. Flapping tentacles looks great and all, but overall he's kind of meh.

So basically, every frame and gear levels up independently. Is the upgrade for mod capacity independent too? Do I have to upgrade each item that I have?

Yes and yes.

It's not worthwhile to potato (add a Orokin Reactor or Catalyst) everything to double mod capacity, as a lot of weapons are crap. Folks usually refer to the weaker stuff as "mastery fodder" - you want to level it up to 30 for your Mastery Rank points, but otherwise you'll never use it again. If it's something you like and plan on using for a while, though, then potato away.

chogidogs

Yes and yes.

It's not worthwhile to potato (add a Orokin Reactor or Catalyst) everything to double mod capacity, as a lot of weapons are crap. Folks usually refer to the weaker stuff as "mastery fodder" - you want to level it up to 30 for your Mastery Rank points, but otherwise you'll never use it again. If it's something you like and plan on using for a while, though, then potato away.

Good to know! I upgraded my Excalibur frame since it seems I'm gonna use that for a bit but I was hesitant on my other equipment since I didn't know if those were safe.

Man, I have to be careful. I guess I just have to not think about the currency so much before learning this game or else I'll just waste it.

Thanks for the replies y'all! I'll save my platinum for now. I think the game finally clicked in a way it didn't the last times i've tried it. I jumped into some mission where, for the first time, I got put into a group and we had to defend these tower things that would uncover treasure or something. I think the mission was called Everest? It kept getting harder and harder with each one and it was really frantic and fun. I was definitely the lowest level in the group, I couldn't do any damage by the end, but I had a lot of fun. Learning that I can sprint, jump, dive bomb and then do a crazy leap twirl thing to get a lot of distance was an eye opener.

Jellie

Thanks for the replies y'all! I'll save my platinum for now. I think the game finally clicked in a way it didn't the last times i've tried it. I jumped into some mission where, for the first time, I got put into a group and we had to defend these tower things that would uncover treasure or something. I think the mission was called Everest? It kept getting harder and harder with each one and it was really frantic and fun. I was definitely the lowest level in the group, I couldn't do any damage by the end, but I had a lot of fun. Learning that I can sprint, jump, dive bomb and then do a crazy leap twirl thing to get a lot of distance was an eye opener.

That's excavation mode. One of my favourites I think.

Primus

I jumped into some mission where, for the first time, I got put into a group and we had to defend these tower things that would uncover treasure or something.

That's an Excavation mission, one of the "endless" mission types along with Defense, Survival and Interception. Those mission types always tend to have multiple groups running them, as they're the best for grinding out pretty much everything.

You may have gotten a few Relics on that mission, those will become important in a little while, after you level up and unlock the first of the Void sections. Then you can start running the special Fissure missions to unlock Relics for Prime parts.

That's excavation mode. One of my favourites I think.

That's an Excavation mission, one of the "endless" mission types along with Defense, Survival and Interception. Those mission types always tend to have multiple groups running them, as they're the best for grinding out pretty much everything.

You may have gotten a few Relics on that mission, those will become important in a little while, after you level up and unlock the first of the Void sections. Then you can start running the special Fissure missions to unlock Relics for Prime parts.

I like excavation, then! Definitely my favorite of the types i've tried.

Thanks for the heads up on the relics! I saw that I got some during a mission where I had to defend a computer thing, but I wasn't sure what they were for. 80% of the stuff I pick up confuses me at the moment.

Primus

Thanks for the heads up on the relics! I saw that I got some during a mission where I had to defend a computer thing, but I wasn't sure what they were for. 80% of the stuff I pick up confuses me at the moment.

Most of the stuff you're picking up is either ammo, credits, or the various Resources you use to build things. Rarely you'll get Mods and blueprints.

VandalD

Happy to see new people playing because of that pricing error.

If any of you new folks have Twitch Prime, either through paying for it there, or through Amazon Prime, you should be able to go to Twitch and claim a free Frost Prime if you link your Warframe and Twitch accounts.

Finaj

Ok, so, I don't remember my Warframe password and the website won't let me reset it because the "I'm not a robot" check isn't working. Any recommendations?

Update: Now my IP address has been temporarily blocked. Wonderful.

man i just realized its a credit and an affinity booster for 90 days :O :O :O

i thought it was just credits.

Now on one hand i'm stoked but on the other i feel kinda bad...

Mupod

So yeah, as I mentioned earlier, haven't played this in 4 years or so, figured I'd pop back in since I got the crazy bundle today.

I had this thing equipped as my primary. I'm assuming I knew what I was doing back then so I didn't mess with my mods, but I'm guessing there's better ones out there nowadays. What should I be going after?

aVTKqUB.jpg

I haven't really tried any high level content but it still seems to shred stuff. I remember this gun being great back then, how badly has it been victimized by power creep? I'm guessing all my old frames are considered obsolete compared to Prime versions these days...I remember I used Trinity a lot, and I got Nekros before I stopped playing.

Manzoon

Banned
Must resist going on a shopping spree.

I spent about 1000 plat so far getting all the weird cosmetics I've kind of wanted for a while, still have a ton that I'm now saving for when Eidolon drops.

Titania Noble Animation was like the best 50 plat I never knew I should spend. Also got my shower curtain syandana.

VandalD

So yeah, as I mentioned earlier, haven't played this in 4 years or so, figured I'd pop back in since I got the crazy bundle today.

I had this thing equipped as my primary. I'm assuming I knew what I was doing back then so I didn't mess with my mods, but I'm guessing there's better ones out there nowadays. What should I be going after?

I haven't really tried any high level content but it still seems to shred stuff. I remember this gun being great back then, how badly has it been victimized by power creep? I'm guessing all my old frames are considered obsolete compared to Prime versions these days...I remember I used Trinity a lot, and I got Nekros before I stopped playing.
Well, there's Soma Prime, but it's vaulted. You could look into getting a Tenora. It's a pretty solid alternative to Soma Prime IMO.

For your mods, really just try to raise your Serration as much as you can. That's your main source of damage, along with elemental damage mods. Point Strike and Vital Sense is a great mod combo for high crit weapons like Soma.

As for your non prime frames, it's all good. No primes are required in order to be really successful in missions. Primed frames in particular are usually very small upgrades over the regular versions, if they're improved at all. They tend to look prettier though.

Primus

Soma is still good, especially modded for crit. There is a Soma Prime available, but it's been vaulted so you either have to run with people with the relic, or buy the parts off of other players.

Lenz is the new hotness, it's a bow that does a cold pulse followed by a massive explosion. Great way to kill yourself while doing red damage crits. Arca Plasmor is also fun, it's the energy shotgun Corpus soldiers use on you. Both are available via Clan research.

Snipers will be coming back into vogue when Plains of Eidolon launches, so you might want to have a Vectis Prime or Vulkar Wraith ready to go.

Naite

man i just realized its a credit and an affinity booster for 90 days :O :O :O

i thought it was just credits.

Now on one hand i'm stoked but on the other i feel kinda bad...
I finally finished leveling all my archwing stuff with that affinity booster. I definitely don't feel bad about it :D

I don't understand these Archwing Rush missions, I must be doing something wrong because I'm not going nearly fast enough to get to these transport ships before they escape.

Got some Argon Crystals as well yesterday, but I don't have the mats to make anything with them before they expire.

Haly

Are you boosting? Shift in Archwing makes you fast, and if you hold down space you go super fast. Basically space sprint.

Been playing for 25 hours now and I just hit MR 4. I’m crafting the Hek and I’ll use it after I’m done leveling up my Boltor. I also opened up the Void and Ceres junction. I could not beat the Trinity Spector in Ceres Junction. I had to try it around five times. Then I realized you just had to melee and she died fast and I took no damage, lol. I’ve been using the Rhino and he’s pretty fun. I’ll probably just do Frost Prime next since I have it.

Are you boosting? Shift in Archwing makes you fast, and if you hold down space you go super fast. Basically space sprint.

Yeah, I was doing that, but then I reached the transport ships and couldn't kill the orbiter things before they ran away. :(

I did get stuck on those stupid mines a couple of times though, guess I just need to practice more.

Haly

Archwing really really sux ass. If you don't need that mission you should skip.

Man that Ambulas assassination sortie can be a massive pain if you are not packing enough heat.

Yeah, failed for the first time with a pub group when Scrambuses kept screwing us up. The second attempt went through easily enough as we switched arsenals a bit. Got an Arca Scisco riven for the trouble with +crit%, +status% and +something else, so that's worth trying out.

Kadin

So I hit MR1 pretty early yesterday and now I'm ready to level up to MR2 but I still have like 14 hours before I'm able to actually do the test to level. Am I still earning affinity in the background to be applied once I actually get MR2 or is it all lost?

Had a great 3 hour session with a buddy and just had a fantastic time. We're both just trying to figure everything out and had a blast in the process. Was a little concerned with the missions on Earth that they all seemed to play very similar but got a taste of some other stuff which seemed to tell us that's not the case.

Tabby

So I hit MR1 pretty early yesterday and now I'm ready to level up to MR2 but I still have like 14 hours before I'm able to actually do the test to level. Am I still earning affinity in the background to be applied once I actually get MR2 or is it all lost?

Had a great 3 hour session with a buddy and just had a fantastic time. We're both just trying to figure everything out and had a blast in the process. Was a little concerned with the missions on Earth that they all seemed to play very similar but got a taste of some other stuff which seemed to tell us that's not the case.
You're still earning affinity, if you earn enough for the next MR you can do the test as soon as you finish the current test.

Rafy

Oh man, I can't believe this! After purchasing the Hydroid Pack on Steam last night, now I get a 75% off coupon for plat as a daily reward. It's the 5th one in a row BTW.

The irony is that I probably won't get one when I need it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom