• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Warframe |OT| NINJAS IN SPAAAAACE - PC

Status
Not open for further replies.
IT'S NOT?!

(I figured that would be the case at some point, I pretty much just hold down the trigger right now and never worry about it.)

Wait till you try the twin vipers wraith.

Don't let the full auto fool you. It's basically a single shot weapon.

You're going to wonder if a boggart is messing with your ammo reserves.

Tabby

Is it just me who thinks the Soma Prime is overrated? I have a standard build with 2 90% elementals, crit and basic mods and I feel like I do more damage with my Boltor P and Braton P.

Primus

Is it just me who thinks the Soma Prime is overrated? I have a standard build with 2 90% elementals, crit and basic mods and I feel like I do more damage with my Boltor P and Braton P.

Go balls-to-the-wall crit build (Argon Scope FTW) with some punchthrough and watch the red crits melt everyone. I've only got 2 Formas on mine and it's a bullet hose of death.

Manzoon

Banned

Yeah, I kind of feel that way too. My main workhorse back during the Void prime part farming with keys was Latron Prime and Vaykor Marelok. The Soma Prime was good when you could get 4x Corrosive Projection going, but even then I started using a Tonkor above all else when that came out. That was a true god killer.

Kadin

Anyone have a link that goes over trading in detail? I prob won't be doing this any time soon but I'd like to see how the process works. Watched a video of a guy meeting up with someone in a dojo but how does it work when you go to the Bazaar? I just saw people holding stuff and no way to browse or search for items. Assume I'm missing something.

Searched the wiki and the trade system page didn't offer a lot in the way of specifics on how you actually conduct trades, search for things, etc.

Izayoi

Banned
Go balls-to-the-wall crit build (Argon Scope FTW) with some punchthrough and watch the red crits melt everyone. I've only got 2 Formas on mine and it's a bullet hose of death.
The Acolyte Mods are ridiculously overpriced. Is there any word on them being released again, at least for a limited time?

I mean, I will buy them, but they are so fucking expensive.

Tabby

Yeah, I kind of feel that way too. My main workhorse back during the Void prime part farming with keys was Latron Prime and Vaykor Marelok. The Soma Prime was good when you could get 4x Corrosive Projection going, but even then I started using a Tonkor above all else when that came out. That was a true god killer.

I get that, I feel like with 4x CPs going you could just use anything though.

I don't have any of the acolytes mod, I'm waiting for them to appear again. Even with my 4000 plat i feel like they're way too expensive.
Argon Scope is the one that gives extra crit chance right?

Primus

Searched the wiki and the trade system page didn't offer a lot in the way of specifics on how you actually conduct trades, search for things, etc.

Right, so there's essentially two different types of trading.

The first way is the old way, person-to-person. You contact the seller via message, get an invite to their Dojo (you have to have a Dojo with a Trading Post to be able to trade your stuff), then they set up the trade with you.

The second way is kind of a version of what a lot of the Korean and Chinese MMOs have where you can set up your own personal trading stall at Maroo's Bazaar. Go to the Bazaar, see if anyone has what you want, then start interacting with them to set up the trade.

You're limited to a number of trades per day equal to your Mastery Rank, and there's a tax on trades depending on the object you're trading. It's usually a low amount of Credits, unless it's a Primed Mod in which case it's a cool million. Pairs super well with Bladed Rounds but I don't have that one.

I don't have any of the acolytes mod, I'm waiting for them to appear again.
Even then I'd rather use other guns.
Argon Scope is the one that gives extra crit chance right?

I was lucky enough to get the Argon Scope the last time the acolytes were out, really want the rest. And yeah, Argon Scope is the +crit% when aiming for a period of time, maxing out at +135%.

Kadin

Right, so there's essentially two different types of trading.

The first way is the old way, person-to-person. You contact the seller via message, get an invite to their Dojo (you have to have a Dojo with a Trading Post to be able to trade your stuff), then they set up the trade with you.

The second way is kind of a version of what a lot of the Korean and Chinese MMOs have where you can set up your own personal trading stall at Maroo's Bazaar. Go to the Bazaar, see if anyone has what you want, then start interacting with them to set up the trade.

You're limited to a number of trades per day equal to your Mastery Rank, and there's a tax on trades depending on the object you're trading. It's usually a low amount of Credits, unless it's a Primed Mod in which case it's a cool million. Pairs super well with Bladed Rounds but I don't have that one.
Thanks. So when you're at the Bazaar, how do you search for something? When I walked up to the various players, I saw a list of like 5 items. Is that all they offer or was there a way to search that I missed.

It seems like using the trade chat is prob what I'll need to do when looking for something quickly?

Arrrammis

Thanks. So when you're at the Bazaar, how do you search for something? When I walked up to the various players, I saw a list of like 5 items. Is that all they offer or was there a way to search that I missed.

It seems like using the trade chat is prob what I'll need to do when looking for something quickly?

If you're looking for something specific, just use Warframe.Market . It's a player-made site where you can list parts/blueprints to sell for a chosen price, and also message people to meet up in game and buy stuff from them. It's really well made and much easier to use than trade chat (plus you generally get a better price for stuff than you would in trade chat). Apart from the chaotic trade chat channel, there's no real system in game for selling stuff.

Primus

The five items is all they have out at that time, it's what you're limited to at the Bazaar.

Gotta watch out for Trade chat, there's a lot of n00b fleecers out there. A good resource is warframe.market. You can put in the name of an item and it'll show you sellers who are in-game right now offering that item, and how much.

Izayoi

Banned
Is it generally accepted that Corrosive Projection is just flat out the best Aura mod?

Gotta watch out for Trade chat, there's a lot of n00b fleecers out there. A good resource is warframe.market. You can put in the name of an item and it'll show you sellers who are in-game right now offering that item, and how much.
Seriously, use warframe.market. It is the best.

People in-game sell things at VAST markups, and are indignant whenever someone suggests a lower offer.

Using trade chat is a miserable exercise, but warfame.market works like a charm and those who use it are far nicer in my experience.

Kadin

If you're looking for something specific, just use Warframe.Market . It's a player-made site where you can list parts/blueprints to sell for a chosen price, and also message people to meet up in game and buy stuff from them. It's really well made and much easier to use than trade chat (plus you generally get a better price for stuff than you would in trade chat). Apart from the chaotic trade chat channel, there's no real system in game for selling stuff.

The five items is all they have out at that time, it's what you're limited to at the Bazaar.

Is it generally accepted that Corrosive Projection is just flat out the best Aura mod?

Seriously, use warframe.market. It is the best.

People in-game sell things at VAST markups, and are indignant whenever someone suggests a lower offer.

Using trade chat is a miserable exercise, but warfame.market works like a charm and those who use it are far nicer in my experience.
Thanks all. I still play Path of Exile a lot and use poe.trade for everything trade related. Nice to see there's a similar option used here. I've always steered clear of trade chat in-game and was really hoping I wouldn't have to use it here. :)

Wow. Thanks for this as well as others that suggested this site. As a new player this is a huge help.

Who do we PM to join the GAF guild?

Strider

I have had a good amount of success getting items for much cheaper than any listing on wf.market using in-game trade chat. There are definitely people out there that are stubborn or will give you ridiculous prices from the jump but I'lI just ignore them and move on... And for every person giving ridiculous prices there's another just trying to make a quick buck so they'll let it go for cheap... A little patience goes a long way but in general the wheelin n dealin of in-game trade chat is one of my favorite things about Warframe.

The largest advantage of wf.market is just being able to quickly find prices and the seller associated for the items you want and it's hassle free. It's a nice tool and I definitely see why people would prefer it (and hell I've used it a couple of times myself) but I'd be be sad if they ever implemented an in-game auction house or something instead of the current trade chat.

Rafy

I just saw the Twitch Prime announcement. I've been dying to get both the Soma and Scindo Prime, DE is awesome!

I guess that Twitch promotion must have brought a ton of new and old players back to the game.

Mupod

Soma is the gun I had equipped when I came back and I didn't think I'd have a chance of getting the prime version, so this is nice. I had to juggle some new trial accounts to make it happen though.

Naite

Since I'm getting Anasa Ayatans so often and I'm too lazy to put stars on them I figured I might as well start stacking them on the front of my Liset til I get sick of looking of them
GW9WOL1.jpg

Wont be long until I cover the entire window.

Since I'm getting Anasa Ayatans so often and I'm too lazy to put stars on them I figured I might as well start stacking them on the front of my Liset til I get sick of looking of them

Wont be long until I cover the entire window.

the picture has already done this to me, that looks fucking terrifying :O

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost

Yes and no, Corrosive Projection is only the best aura in the game if you're going for extremely high level grineer enemies. I'm talking like 125+. Before that whatever aura supports your warframe the best will be the best. The raw damage increase aura's if they match your main weapon type will out perform corrosive projection. Then there are the overlooked aura's like Stand United which is quite good on warframes that have abilities that scale off armor like nezha.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.

In terms of min-max, premade farming/sortie teams, yes. DE struggles with balancing old content (if they touch it at all) and Auras are pretty old. These are the worthwhile auras, whether for general use or for niche use. The others are all worthless.

Corrosive Projection (commonly abbreviated to CP, if you ever see "CP" in chat it's probably Corrosive)
Energy Siphon
Physique
Rejuvenation
Rifle Amp
Steel Charge
Sprint Boost (gotta go fast)
Speed Holster (I leveled this for some reason and I don't remember why, it was part of some niche build I was doing at the time)

Primus

Makes me wonder if Dead Eye (Aura that boosts Sniper damage) will make a comeback along with sniper rifles when Plains of Eidolon drops.

Makes me wonder if Dead Eye (Aura that boosts Sniper damage) will make a comeback along with sniper rifles when Plains of Eidolon drops.

The change to extra headshot damage will probably make dead eye still a little useless. The trouble is that dead eye is still specific only for snipers, and more general auras (especially CP with the Grineer) end up doing more work.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Snipers usually work by one shotting stuff. The difference between headshotting a Grineer Eximus for 30k or for 50k is honestly not that important. I think a real useful sniper mod should provide some other QoL benefit.

goblin

Speaking of sniper rifles, they're getting another pass for PoE.

General Sniper Changes:

- Reticle sway removed from all zoom levels!
- 1 meter punch through added to all snipers without any to start with (snipers with innate punch through unchanged).
- 1 combo count removed at a time when duration runs out instead of all of them (decay vs. cooldown).
- 1 combo count removed on miss instead of all of them
- Additional bullets from multishot will each count as their own hits and misses in the combo counter
- Combo duration reduced to 2 seconds for all snipers apart from Lanka which is reduced to 6
- Damage fall off begins at 400 meters and ends at 600 meters with damage reduced to 50% past 600 meters.

No sway, innate punch through and shot combo improvements all sound aces to me. Would like to see hip fire accuracy improved too. Specific weapon details in the link.

Primus

Hmmmm...the major changes (change of zoom from +dmg to +headshot dmg and overall zoom nerfs) seem to be somewhat at odds with each other.

Watched a few starting out advice vids and played up to Venus. Still very, very confused but I'm enjoying it. Would greatly appreciate a clan invite. Name's CosmicSchwung.

I ended up leaving my clan due to said clan basically having changed completely a while back due to drama. I didn't realize GAF had a clan until very recently. My handle is CandescenceAria.

Also, nice to see snipers getting a buff. And I really should get my hands on Corrosive Projection at some point.

derFeef

Can someone break down Void Fissures for me?
I start a mission with a Fissure and use it up. That Mission is much, much harder due to respawning enemies. If I finish the mission I "opened" a Relic?

Can someone break down Void Fissures for me?
I start a mission with a Fissure and use it up. That Mission is much, much harder due to respawning enemies. If I finish the mission I "opened" a Relic?
You have to kill the randomly spawning enemies until you get 10 void reactant, then you finish the mission. As long as you get that 10 before leaving, your relic is open and you get whatever was inside it upon mission completion (you'll see the drop in the completion summary). If you fail the mission you get nothing from the relic but it's not wasted. Just have to do another mission with it.

derFeef

Thanks - will tackle some Mars Fissures today as I want to go to Phobos :)
I also recently noticed in Videos waht my UI looks completely different/empty compared to other players - am I missing some optional settings somehow?

Also, it's best to do void fissures in a group because you get to choose the reward from all cracked relics. So four players = four prime parts to choose from = better chances of getting something you need.

There's UI scaling and some other settings, but some UI features will become available as you progress in the game.

Hmmmm...the major changes (change of zoom from +dmg to +headshot dmg and overall zoom nerfs) seem to be somewhat at odds with each other.

Removing sway but keeping in the +damage multiplier might be a little too strong over the distances on the plains, especially since there probably won't be bullet drop or anything like that.

VandalD

Watched a few starting out advice vids and played up to Venus. Still very, very confused but I'm enjoying it. Would greatly appreciate a clan invite. Name's CosmicSchwung.
It's normal to feel confused, but you'll get the hang of things. Just turns out there's a bunch of things to get the hang of. Invited. You should look into crafting your clan key once you join, as that allows you access to the clan dojo, which will in turn give you access to more weapon and frame blueprints.
I ended up leaving my clan due to said clan basically having changed completely a while back due to drama. I didn't realize GAF had a clan until very recently. My handle is CandescenceAria.

Also, nice to see snipers getting a buff. And I really should get my hands on Corrosive Projection at some point.
I intend to give away some of my extra CP auras to people in the clan who don't have one. Message me in game sometime and I'll give you one if you want. Invited.
Thanks - will tackle some Mars Fissures today as I want to go to Phobos :)
I also recently noticed in Videos waht my UI looks completely different/empty compared to other players - am I missing some optional settings somehow?
The main thing people seem to not have on is the player list along the right side. I thought they had that default to on, but if they haven't, it's a useful thing to have on when playing with others. Other than that, you'd have to give examples of what you mean, but some HUD elements do unlock when you get further.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
Don't think enough space in the clan was made. I have a friend that got to take advantage of the $9 bundle that I would like to invite but we're still maxed out.

Can I ask, what the requirement is to bump up to the next tier of clan? Like what does it cost to obtain and/or maintain? I don't really know a lot about the clan system at all. I know research costs are higher but I don't know how that manifests itself to me as a member cause all the research was maxed out when I joined.

VandalD

Don't think enough space in the clan was made. I have a friend that got to take advantage of the $9 bundle that I would like to invite but we're still maxed out.

Can I ask, what the requirement is to bump up to the next tier of clan? Like what does it cost to obtain and/or maintain? I don't really know a lot about the clan system at all. I know research costs are higher but I don't know how that manifests itself to me as a member cause all the research was maxed out when I joined.
For now, I have been making room to invite new people. If the removed people come back and want into the clan again, I'm sure we'll end up expanding again. The only thing against expanding is that it increases research costs. What's your friend's name?

For now, I have been making room to invite new people. If the removed people come back and want into the clan again, I'm sure we'll end up expanding again. The only thing against expanding is that it increases research costs. What's your friend's name?

You could also use the GB clan.

derFeef

The main thing people seem to not have on is the player list along the right side. I thought they had that default to on, but if they haven't, it's a useful thing to have on when playing with others. Other than that, you'd have to give examples of what you mean, but some HUD elements do unlock when you get further.

I can't find it right now, but I saw a video with what must have been lists of ammo on the top right of the screen, like 20 items. Maybe it was something Warframe specific.

VandalD

You could also use the GB clan.
This is true. Though for right now, just making room for new people feels like the thing to do. If the people being removed that haven't played for months come back, then we can figure it out.
I can't find it right now, but I saw a video with what must have been lists of ammo on the top right of the screen, like 20 items. Maybe it was something Warframe specific.
Interesting. I have no idea what that is.

It's normal to feel confused, but you'll get the hang of things. Just turns out there's a bunch of things to get the hang of. Invited. You should look into crafting your clan key once you join, as that allows you access to the clan dojo, which will in turn give you access to more weapon and frame blueprints.

Many thanks! I'll start looking into that key thing now.

Manzoon

Banned
Those sniper changes are great, generally happy they are reducing zoom range since it felt a bit extreme. I'm also happy that the Lanka maintains its +crit chance bonus instead of getting +headshot damage. My main technique with that was firing point blank, max zoom shots into a big ol' Nidus tentacle party and watching the orange crits fly.

JWiLL

Banned

Why you gotta say this. I just hit MR6 and bought a Soma Prime from someone yesterday.

I'm not going to be doing crazy end game level stuff or anything, as I'm still working towards Second Dream right now (switched to PC from PS4), so I'm assuming it'll still be good for melting normal level stuff?

Crit build seems the way to go based on what I'm reading...need to get one of those Argon Scopes.

Edit: Just saw the Twitch Prime announcement...FML. Wasted a wee bit of plat it seems.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom