• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Warframe |OT| Ninjas Play Free - PS4

Special C

So how does updating work for the consoles? Do they do several updates at once on PS4 instead of rolling them out over time? According to the Wiki PS4 and Xbox One are on 14.1 and PC is on 14.7.4.

I ask because I'm playing on Xbox One and it just released. I'm not sure there has even been a major update. Or maybe the wiki is wrong and the consoles are getting the smaller updates? is there a way in game to check your version?

Indrid Cold

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah they patch in bunches on console. Every month or two. The game downloads a patch (usually 196-296 mb) then when launching the game it downloads/installs the rest while the patch notes show on the screen.

Dave1988

14115008452960vu51.jpg

theWB27

I don't see the new missions after the update.

But I do already have the Kronen cooking. Guess it's time to retire the Dual Ether in 12 hours.

Indrid Cold

Unconfirmed Member
So how does this event work? And what else was added besides the tonfas. Stupid ps4 didn't download the update despite leaving it in standby.

The event is pretty straight forward - took me and a squad of GAF crew only 2 runs total to get the Latron :) There are clan trophies for top 3 in each tier so I'm gonna run up my score more, but more importantly, anyone who wants to get the event mods and weapon should hopefully have any help they want to do so.

Here is the Wiki Link for Operation Cryotic Front: http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Operation_Cryotic_Front

In brief, to participate, launch the new game mode, Excavation, on the event marked node on Earth.

Excavation is relatively straight forward once you get the basics. You first need to power up a scanner that will in turn locate excavators that need to be powered. Power is obtained from power pack drops from enemies, similar to life support packs in classic survival, but they also need to be ran back to the scanner/excavator in order for it to be powered. When excavators complete digging up an artifact, you get a bunch of the new Cryotic resource and a reward. The total amount of Cryotic obtained dictates the event score.

It sounds more complicated than it is, but fortunately, the event forces a practice run on Earth in order to unlock the higher rewarding excavation missions on Phobos and Europa. Phobos is unlocked at Cryotic score of 500 and Europa at 1000. It's pretty easy to get 1000 on your first Earth run, so I recommend high tailing it to Europa. The Cryotic rewards on Europa are ~3x higher than earth so it makes it MUCH easier to get a score >3000.

It's an easy event, and the eating is good. Get your ice-event mods. Get your Latron Wraith. It lasts for 1 week.

Indrid Cold

Unconfirmed Member
Ah. Well that was quick lol 1 earth and 1 Europa run. No tonfa stance but pointed wind is okay. Have to farm argon crystals at some point.

HORRORSHØW

easy event
new mod UI is atrocious/convoluted
new tileset is confusing; pretty tho
spent ~1mil credits trying to transmute sword and board stance
will be back to farm nyx prime

theWB27

The event is pretty straight forward - took me and a squad of GAF crew only 2 runs total to get the Latron :) There are clan trophies for top 3 in each tier so I'm gonna run up my score more, but more importantly, anyone who wants to get the event mods and weapon should hopefully have any help they want to do so.

Here is the Wiki Link for Operation Cryotic Front: http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Operation_Cryotic_Front

In brief, to participate, launch the new game mode, Excavation, on the event marked node on Earth.

Excavation is relatively straight forward once you get the basics. You first need to power up a scanner that will in turn locate excavators that need to be powered. Power is obtained from power pack drops from enemies, similar to life support packs in classic survival, but they also need to be ran back to the scanner/excavator in order for it to be powered. When excavators complete digging up an artifact, you get a bunch of the new Cryotic resource and a reward. The total amount of Cryotic obtained dictates the event score.

It sounds more complicated than it is, but fortunately, the event forces a practice run on Earth in order to unlock the higher rewarding excavation missions on Phobos and Europa. Phobos is unlocked at Cryotic score of 500 and Europa at 1000. It's pretty easy to get 1000 on your first Earth run, so I recommend high tailing it to Europa. The Cryotic rewards on Europa are ~3x higher than earth so it makes it MUCH easier to get a score >3000.

It's an easy event, and the eating is good. Get your ice-event mods. Get your Latron Wraith. It lasts for 1 week.

It was a nice run.

OT question...does the PS4 still not support bluetooth. Not the headsets....just the regular bluetooth you'd use with a cell phone?

Edgeward

This is a easy event as long as you dont get matched up with rank 0 people like me. Can barely get to 1000 carry these dudes. Few know how it works yet

HooYaH

Is it me or is the performance of this game is getting lower and lower after each patch? Not sure how you guys are doing your runs, but it seems to me the game runs around 10-15 fps with a full squad.

frizby

For clan folks:

I'll be mostly engaged in farming the new primes tonight (got a Hikou pouch this morning), but if anybody needs help running up a high score in the event, I'm game to help.

Indrid Cold

Unconfirmed Member
Wait nyx is out now? Why wasn't it mentioned in the update notes? Or put her on the splash screen. I figured it'd be a while cuz we just got mirage. Hmm might put some time in tomorrow then.

Gooter

Neo Member
Hi Frizby and Das!! BaronvonGoot here. Thanks Friz for all that you do to help out new Clan members. Thanks to Das too for taking the time to run me thru some Tower runs.

frizby

Hi Frizby and Das!! BaronvonGoot here. Thanks Friz for all that you do to help out new Clan members. Thanks to Das too for taking the time to run me thru some Tower runs.

Goot!

I didn't realize you were a Gaffer as well. Welcome to the thread.

And it's no problem at all. In between updates, it's the most fun I can have with the game, and I meet some cool peeps. Mooks does more than I do, but I can't account for his taste in frames or mods.

Gooter

Neo Member
Goot!

I didn't realize you were a Gaffer as well. Welcome to the thread.

And it's no problem at all. In between updates, it's the most fun I can have with the game, and I meet some cool peeps. Mooks does more than I do, but I can't account for his taste in frames or mods.

I'm everywhere!

Ronin Ray

Grimløck;131399321 said:
easy event
new mod UI is atrocious/convoluted
new tileset is confusing; pretty tho
spent ~1mil credits trying to transmute sword and board stance
will be back to farm nyx prime

What he's alive!!!! I definitely want to farm Nyx.

Ronin Ray

Guess its time to get back to War frame for a little while. I am down to run the event and farm for whatever if anyone needs help and stuff. When does this event end? Also is there a drop table for Nyx yet.

Leunam

I just started getting into this after getting a little burned out on Destiny. Just hit level 5 on the Excalibur warframe using a sword, bow, and pistol. Really enjoying the hell out of this so far.

Dave1988

Guess its time to get back to War frame for a little while. I am down to run the event and farm for whatever if anyone needs help and stuff. When does this event end? Also is there a drop table for Nyx yet.

Nyx Prime

Blueprint Void Tower IV Defense [Wave 15+]
Helmet Void Tower II Mobile Defense / Tower I Defense [Wave 15+]
Chassis Void Tower III Exterminate
Systems Void Tower IV Capture

Scindo Prime

Blueprint Tower I Exterminate
Blade Tower III Mobile Defense
Handle Tower I Survival (Rotation C)

Hikou Prime

Blueprint Tower II Survival (Rotation B)
Pouch Tower I Capture
Star Tower I Defense (Wave 15+)

I am total beginner when it comes to how the farming and stuff works. But I haven't played since the older style navigation menu so this whole having a ship and the improvements to the over all gameplay has made me play this more.

Amon37

THANK THE D.E. GODS NYX PRIME PARTS DONT DROP IN SURVIVAL. Now I just need the RNG GODs on my side.

What? Defense is way worse. After 20+ waves you have to settle for one reward if prime part foesnt drop, where as survival after 45 minutes you have have 9 rewards.

Top Bottom