• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Warframe |OT| Ninjas Play Free - PS4

I feel bad for new people trying to farm excal or saryn.

Booses locked through farming is not fun

Yup, especially since the drops are RNG. At least they're some of the more fun boss fights, at least to me, and farming Saryn points netted me some nice mods I was missing.

Edit: actually I may be confusing the drops for the Index with the arena needed for Kela.

I had some left over plat from 2 years ago. Right now my loadout is Loki Prime w/ Dread, Despair, and Redeemer. I guess my focus now is to play missions and try to get cards to make a build on everything.

I hope the fact that I started off with being gifted a good amount of plat does not take away too much of the fun.

Namikaze1

Recently got back into this after having not play it since it launched on the PS4. Immediately jumped on that free Frost Prime and loving it.

Would definitely like a clan invite. PSN is namikaze1.

Yup, especially since the drops are RNG. At least they're some of the more fun boss fights, at least to me, and farming Saryn points netted me some nice mods I was missing.

Edit: actually I may be confusing the drops for the Index with the arena needed for Kela.

Rathuum and Index both have excellent mod drops. Medi-Ray chief among them for Kela.

jtrov

Gave this game a go last night after seeing the thread about the open world update and damn is it awesome. Always heard good things, but I just never had the time to check it out... Really regretting it now as it's incredibly fun. I know absolutely no one that is currently playing the game and would love to join in on some co-op / clan action if there is any open space for a clan invite. Can't wait to jump back in later and try out some more missions.

PS4 ID is JTROV

I guess there was a banwave of users and theories are it's due to sharing tennocon codes with non-purchasers. I really hope that's not the case because I gave my PC code to my coworker and used my PS4 one for myself. My wish is it ends up being a bunch of people who legitimately cheated in some way and they're just trying to pass it off as them being innocent and onto something that sounds like it could be a thing.

I guess there was a banwave of users and theories are it's due to sharing tennocon codes with non-purchasers. I really hope that's not the case because I gave my PC code to my coworker and used my PS4 one for myself. My wish is it ends up being a bunch of people who legitimately cheated in some way and they're just trying to pass it off as them being innocent and onto something that sounds like it could be a thing.

The banwave was due to people accessing the Tennocon relay without a ticket through an exploit.

Edit: TGDM has his report on the matter. He's the guy who runs the Tennoclock news fansite and generally does a lot of interviews with the community. Been a good source of information on things in the past.

So, decided to hop back into this after seeing the planned update stuff. Would it be possible to rejoin the gaf clan? I had been in it once upon a time, but I'm sure I got removed during one of my phases of Warframe inactivity (I tend to drift in and out of playing).

Me and my friends had made a very small clan that I might have to leave first (which, if I do, I can do that this evening after work), but we haven't done much with it so that's no big deal.

PSN is SirRugdumph if I can be re-added

So, decided to hop back into this after seeing the planned update stuff. Would it be possible to rejoin the gaf clan? I had been in it once upon a time, but I'm sure I got removed during one of my phases of Warframe inactivity (I tend to drift in and out of playing).

Me and my friends had made a very small clan that I might have to leave first (which, if I do, I can do that this evening after work), but we haven't done much with it so that's no big deal.

One of said friends here. Might as well jump ship too if invites are available. My PSN is Lordsirsama

Why am I so bad at soloing assassination sorties? Finally did 2nd dream to unlock sorties and Lephantis and now Alad V...I am terrible. Videos online make it seem so easy *table flip*

Why am I so bad at soloing assassination sorties? Finally did 2nd dream to unlock sorties and Lephantis and now Alad V...I am terrible. Videos online make it seem so easy *table flip*

Well Sorties are markedly more difficult than almost any mission in the starchart and even raids with some conditions. Remember that elemental enhancement sorties both increase the damage they do by adding the type of damage to their weapons, and increase their resistance to elemental damage in general.

VandalD

Lephantis is a pain in a sortie no matter what, IMO, and Alad V can feel absolutely unfair if you're not instantly killing them with Mesa or something. Assassination sorties are the most difficult sorties, and bringing the right gear goes a long way towards success.

frizby

One of said friends here. Might as well jump ship too if invites are available. My PSN is Lordsirsama

Lol. Let me know when you're cleared for invites, and I'll clear two spots in the clan for you.

Welcome back.

derFeef

Jumped back in and playing with my lvl15 Trinity for a bit, I have the urge to try out a new Warframe but do not feel to have to farm for one. I might just buy one to have something different to paly with (liking the sound of Nidus!)

I tried to do the Archwing quest that is available to me now but I am dying like in 3 hits from enemies, haha. I fused some mods sop hopefully that will help - crafting is kinda overwhelming still.

Shengar

Does Ember Prime really hard to get when she's still available on the loot table? Even with the prime vault earlier this year her price still high as heck :/
Oh, and the constant WTS Ember Prime BP 500p on the trading channel

Cracklox

Jumped back in and playing with my lvl15 Trinity for a bit, I have the urge to try out a new Warframe but do not feel to have to farm for one. I might just buy one to have something different to paly with (liking the sound of Nidus!)

I tried to do the Archwing quest that is available to me now but I am dying like in 3 hits from enemies, haha. I fused some mods sop hopefully that will help - crafting is kinda overwhelming still.

You could try and farm rhino from the Venus boss. Its pretty easy and he's a solid, durable frame that can carry you along for quite a while.

The crafting can be a little confusing but got made way easier with endo. Try to focus on getting some ranks on some of the crucial stuff. Vitality and/or shields early on especially. Serration and and some of the other vital damage mods will also be a big help.

Does Ember Prime really hard to get when she's still available on the loot table? Even with the prime vault earlier this year her price still high as heck :/
Oh, and the constant WTS Ember Prime BP 500p on the trading channel

The only real part you should have problems with is the blueprint which is a rare drop. The rest should be easy enough farm for.

And Embers pretty OP and meta, so she tends to be one of the more popular frames, which I guess affects the price and how much people want to pay for her.

Hellers

So fairly early on in the game is there are reliable way to get certain basic mods like serration? Or is it just random and I need to put my head down and get to grinding?

I have a damaged serration from the tutorial but that filthy muck needs to go and be replaced with a real one.

VariantX

So fairly early on in the game is there are reliable way to get certain basic mods like serration? Or is it just random and I need to put my head down and get to grinding?

I have a damaged serration from the tutorial but that filthy muck needs to go and be replaced with a real one.

You can kill grineer scorpions, get one through transmutation (likely way too expensive for people starting out) but a more reliable way is doin 15 min survivals. They have a 7% chance to drop on rotation B on a level 1-10 mission node.

Hellers

You can kill grineer scorpions, get one through transmutation (likely way too expensive for people starting out) but a more reliable way is doin 15 min survivals. They have a 7% chance to drop on rotation B on a level 1-10 mission node.

Nice. I quite like the survival missions. I pugged into a great group last night and we just monstered that mission for about 30 minutes. I got loads of nice drops (Sadly no serration though )

Cracklox

Nice. I quite like the survival missions. I pugged into a great group last night and we just monstered that mission for about 30 minutes. I got loads of nice drops (Sadly no serration though )

If you want to shortcut the process then I'm sure someone would have a spare they could part with. I haven't played for a while, but I'm pretty sure I've got a bunch of em sitting around doing nothing if you want one

And Embers pretty OP and meta, so she tends to be one of the more popular frames, which I guess affects the price and how much people want to pay for her.

Wait, what? Since when? The most Embers tend to be used for is running through low level exterminates extremely quickly. Above level 30 there are so many other better frame choices that aren't as squishy as she is. Ember's not terrible but she's not OP or current meta.

So I just jumped back into this game last night and I have a question.

Is there a way to earn new warframes with in-game currency and resources only? Or will you have to pay for a new one with real money? How about weapons?

Is there a way to earn new warframes with in-game currency and resources only? Or will you have to pay for a new one with real money? How about weapons?

Answered you over in the other thread but all gameplay-based items from Warframes and Weapons to Gears and Relics can be earned for free just through playing the game.

The only things that are Platinum-locked are cosmetic items, and even then there's a handful that are free to get in the game through the various holidays and events.

Answered you over in the other thread but all gameplay-based items from Warframes and Weapons to Gears and Relics can be earned for free just through playing the game.

The only things that are Platinum-locked are cosmetic items, and even then there's a handful that are free to get in the game through the various holidays and events.

Thanks,

How much grinding is involved in unlocking a new frame? I have a loose understanding of the currency but how do you know if you are on a level that drops the resources you need? Do you need diagrams for a warframe? How do you come across those?

Tabby

Thanks,

How much grinding is involved in unlocking a new frame? I have a loose understanding of the currency but how do you know if you are on a level that drops the resources you need? Do you need diagrams for a warframe? How do you come across those?

Depends on the frame.
Ember for example is easy since all you need to do is kill a boss several times to farm her parts.
Mesa is harder, since you need invasion-only keys to access a boss fight which can take significantly longer since you can't just freely farm the keys.
Volt and Banshee has virtually no grind since all you need to do is get into a dojo and buy their parts.

When you're on the map navigation screen, choose a planet, press R3 (I think? It's the circle button on the bottom right) and it should come up with a list of resources the planet drops.

I'm guessing you mean blueprints, you just buy those on the market for credits.

The grinding for basic (not prime) warframes is usually very straightforward. Most Warframe parts will drop off of a planet's Assassination/boss node, 4 can be found straight out of the clan's research room, some are given to you through quests, and others have the BP given to you through completing the quest where you then go and farm the parts out of missions. Then you'll just need the money and the resources, as well as some patience, to build them.

Warframes are broken up into four pieces. The BP, Helmet, Chassis, and Systems--though the helmet is now called neuroptics or something like that, most players still refer to its old name because it's less of a pain to type. HCS need to be found and built first before you can begin building the Warframe proper with the BP. Most BPs are just given to you or can be bought for credits in the market/clan research. A few are weird and have other conditions to being found, like Ivara whose BP can only be found in hard spy vaults.

To check resources, click on a planet and then hover over the icon in the bottom right corner of the screen. It'll show you the 4 resources that drop on that planet.

Most players consult the wiki--one of the best maintained wikia pages--and DE is going to publish their own droptable website soon. You can view the basics of it here.

VariantX

Thanks,

You need a blueprint, neuroptics, chassis, and systems parts to craft a warframe. You first build the sub components (neuroptics, chassis, systems) by gathering the resources and credits you need for each component. Thats a 12 hour build process + when you gather everything or you can pay platinum and skip the build time for that.

Then the main blueprint always has those sub components as build requirements plus 1 other type of resource. The final crafting of the frame has a 72 hour build time which again you can also skip for platinum. For roughly 2/3rds of the frames, theres not much grinding at all and you'll likely the majority of those resources needed just playing the game passively.

The last 3rd of the frames have special requirements which essentially define most of the new frames coming out (because there are no more bosses right now to farm from), for example you need 6 sub components + main blueprint to build an equinox because equinox is 2 frames in one. Chroma only has a blueprint but requires other parts from other frames to build. Vauban cant be farmed and its parts are only obtained through alerts. Oberon parts can only be had from killing eximus units. Ash parts can only be obtained from killing grineer manic type enemies. Nyx parts are only obtainable by killing phorid during an infestation invasion. Ivara parts only come from spy rewards, some other frame parts come as part of completing a questline.

VariantX

There is PVP right? How is it?

I personally don't like playing it at all on console. Given the fact that we can change direction and speed in the air multiple times making it a pain in the ass to play on anything but PC for me. I might grind out some matches just to get at those exclusive conclave cosmetics and then wash my hands of it.

Dunlop

I'm losing my happy reunion with this game. Want to do all the quests to allow me access to every planet and cannot trigger the freaking Natah one.

I'm master 8 and have solo run the assassination quest on Uranus (as per Youtube) and have not heard any strange sound or had the lights flicker ever to indicate there is a drone to scan

arg!

ACE 1991

Hmm, really thinking about jumping into this. Is PC or PS4 the "healthier" platform? Is most of GAF on PS4 or PC? Guessing PS4 given the thread title.

Hmm, really thinking about jumping into this. Is PC or PS4 the "healthier" platform? Is most of GAF on PS4 or PC? Guessing PS4 given the thread title.

I think overall there's a larger community on PC. Or at least on the official forums and the reddit. I swear some people there forget the game is even on console. But here on GAF I see the PS4 thread bumped more often. Honestly I would have gone with PC if I had found this game on my own. But I was introduced to it by a friend who only had PS4 at the time, so I jumped in to play with them. And I'm far too invested into it now to switch platforms (holding out that maybe some day in the long future we'll get to transfer - yeah right).

ACE 1991

I think overall there's a larger community on PC. Or at least on the official forums and the reddit. I swear some people there forget the game is even on console. But here on GAF I see the PS4 thread bumped more often. Honestly I would have gone with PC if I had found this game on my own. But I was introduced to it by a friend who only had PS4 at the time, so I jumped in to play with them. And I'm far too invested into it now to switch platforms (holding out that maybe some day in the long future we'll get to transfer - yeah right).

Ok, cool! It's free, so I might as well give it a shot tonight.

Are all frames competitive for PVP? I'm currently leveling up my Loki Prime but I know he is super squishy.

The PVP stuff is completely different, with frames having different stats and sometimes having straight up different abilities. I'm not the one to ask on that, you'll have to look at youtube.

VandalD

I'm losing my happy reunion with this game. Want to do all the quests to allow me access to every planet and cannot trigger the freaking Natah one.

I'm master 8 and have solo run the assassination quest on Uranus (as per Youtube) and have not heard any strange sound or had the lights flicker ever to indicate there is a drone to scan

arg!
There's a specific mission you have to run to find that, and it's not the assassination mission. I think it was the capture or exterminate mission. I'll see if I can find it.

wwm0nkey

So I am LOVING my time back with this, however it does still have one problem and that is actually explaining what to do. Had to google some stuff (which isn't the worst) but it sucks because its always something simple that could be explained in the game via UI prompts or just extra info

Cracklox

Wait, what? Since when? The most Embers tend to be used for is running through low level exterminates extremely quickly. Above level 30 there are so many other better frame choices that aren't as squishy as she is. Ember's not terrible but she's not OP or current meta.

Aye. Maybe I'm out of touch some. But when I play, every second PUG seems to have an Ember. Maybe not meta, but pretty bloody popular all the same

VandalD

Ariel, the capture mission, is the one you want.
Aye. Maybe I'm out of touch some. But when I play, every second PUG seems to have an Ember. Maybe not meta, but pretty bloody popular all the same
Ember can easily get the job done in any non sortie or non raid mission that isn't endless and going for a long period of time, and she's fairly easy to farm. Enemies in axi relic missions don't instantly die to her, but she's still going to do top damage unless someone else is seriously on top of their game, like an Equinox or a Mesa. So she's sort of meta. Just not in the stuff that's actually difficult.

Man I had 25M and 250k endo and decided to beef up as many prime mods that I could and still only managed about half what I owned before running out of endo. And my monies dropped to 10M. It's a bit ridiculous how much of an investment those take. And what's even worse is that you can't temp. lower their power to fit them in when you don't have enough capacity on a weapon/frame.

Ugh.

Top Bottom