• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Warhammer Online, The Official Thread of Destruction vs Order

WRH.jpg

What it is: Massively Multiplayer Online Role Playing Game (MMORPG), featuring Realm vs Realm (RvR) Action Gameplay
Developer: Mythic Entertainment
Publisher: US - EA, EU - GOA
Release:
  • CE Head Start: Sunday 9/14
  • SE Head Start: Tuesday 9/16
  • Official Launch: Thursday 9/18

http://www.warhammeronline.com has it all you need to get hyped: videos, screenshots, interviews, you name it! Also conveniently where I snagged the images from. Hopefully you already know all about it and have just finished winding down from the glorious Open Beta. If you're interested, look into it!

Server Types: Core, Open RvR, RP-Core, RP-Open RVR.

Racial Pairings (each racial pairing has their own zones spanning four tiers, and 40 levels):
Empire vs Chaos
Dwarf vs Greenskins
High Elves vs Dark Elves

Players vs Environment (PVP): Quests given by Non Player Characters (NPCs), Public Quests (PQs),

Realm vs. Realm (RvR/PvP): RvR zones (or everywhere in Open RvR), World Objectives, Scenarios, Capture the Flag, King of the Hill, EXP for PKs

6-Player Parties. Warbands. Robust LFG options. 80 Renown Ranks. Thousands of Customizations. squig surprise! waaaaagh!

Character Classes:

ORDER
Dwarf: Tank, Ranged DPS, Healing/Magic, Melee DPS
career-option_ironbreaker.gif
career-option_engineer.gif
career-option_runepriest.gif
career-option_slayer.gif

Empire: Ranged Magic DPS, Combat Medic, Close Quarters DPS, Tank
career-option_brightwizard.gif
career-option_warriorpriest.gif
career-option_witchhunter.gif
career-option_kotbs.gif

High Elf: Tank, Healer/Mage, Ranged DPS, DPS
career-option_swordmaster.gif
career-option_archmage.gif
career-option_shadowwarrior.gif
career-option_whitelion.gif

DESTRUCTION

Greenskin: Tank, Healing/Magic, Ranged DPS, Melee DPS
career-option_black-orc.gif
career-option_shaman.gif
career-option_squigherder.gif
career-option_choppa.gif

Chaos: Tank, Ranged DPS, Healing/Magic, Close Quarters DPS
career-option_chosen.gif
career-option_magus.gif
career-option_zealot.gif
career-option_marauder.gif

Dark Elf: Close Quarter DPS, Combat Healer, Ranged DPS, Tank
career-option_witchelf.gif
career-option_disciple.gif
career-option_sorceress.gif
career-option_blackguard.gif

Good luck, see you on teh field. (do i really have to fix that typo? do i?!). Enjoy!

Where GAFfers are playing: (subject to change/clarification)
United States/Canada:

Order - Averheim
Destruction - Skull Throne

Warhammer Online: Age of Reckoning GAF Guild (US)

Europe:

Order - Karag-Azgal
Destruction - Karag Dorn

Warhammer Online (EU): Topic of First Continent Players

Order Guild - Averheim (US)
Add-Ons/Links:

UI Add-ons
Warhammer Wiki
WarDB (think WoW's Thottbot)

verio

Flesh Into Gear said:
Warrior Priest CONFIRMED. I'll be in on the SE head start.

Now we just need a server

Still?! I was really banking on an 'official GAF server' because I'm not going into this game with any friends. Well damn... I think I'm just going to roll Order on Averheim. I see quite a few gaffers are going to be on that server. So, why not.

I'll post my character info come 1PM EDT. Thats, what? Four hours from now?

EU Standard Edition pre-order head start is actually Monday at 9am CET.

I'm gonna be playing an Engineer to start with, my guild already seems to have an abundance of Ghostbus... Witch Hunters.

verio said:
Still?! I was really banking on an 'official GAF server' because I'm not going into this game with any friends. Well damn... I think I'm just going to roll Order on Averheim. I see quite a few gaffers are going to be on that server. So, why not.

I'll post my character info come 1PM EDT. Thats, what? Four hours from now?

Theres a few server names floating around so hopefully we decide in this thread soon. Personally I couldnt' care less what server we go with, I just want a name for the US server. A roster or something too would be nice.

verio

Thyrus said:
So what's the official GAF servers for game?

I wish I knew. Quite a bit of names have been thrown around. Averheim, Skull Throne, Badlands... and others... I think.

Us stragglers, without a guild, need to settle on one.

Dina

Lots of my friends and I and going Karak Eight Peaks (EU). Core ruleset. Do with that what you will.

verio said:
I wish I knew. Quite a bit of names have been thrown around. Averheim, Skull Throne, Badlands... and others... I think.

Us stragglers, without a guild, need to settle on one.

Let us homeless Gaffers band together! Averheim!

I've been trying to figure it out and I hope we can reach a decision. Of course CE folks have priorities. I was confused about Averheim because I was looking at the wrong server list, and it wasn't on there, because it was a newer CE server, however will be made during the CE and therefore, hopefully will be heavily populated. We already know Teknopathetics guild is there. So I'd agree on that and like others have said I don't really care, but I'd like an affirmative from yall so we can make it official for the US Order GAF guild.

Won said:
EU SERVERS ARE UP!

I read on the Warhammer Alliance forums that even though servers may be up this morning, anything you create now before the actual headstart start time will be wiped.

whiterabbit said:
Are you with the GAF guild? It takes 6!

Hellz yeah. Just let me know who I need to contact once in-game to sign up and get this thing rolling.

Stop It

Perfectly able to grasp the inherent value of the fishing game.
Well, I start play tomorrow on the EU SE Hesdstart, can't wait.

On a random note, someone on IRC just PM'ed me headstart codes (And an item code )for the US edition (I dunno if they are CE or SE codes, or why someone woudl give them away but hey), they are of little use to me so if anyone wants them, pm me.

Vashu

Have the Euro-GAFfers settled on a server for both Order and Destruction yet? Please let me know, I'd like to play with you guys.

Stop It

Thyrus said:
So which is the Eurogafs server of choice for destruction?
Personally I am hitting Karag Orrud as Destro, because I found a decent group of people who will be playing there. I don't know what the rest of EU gaf want to do yet, hopefully join there too :)

I'll be going Karak-Azgal Europe ORDER.

The Russians are on Axe Bite Pass and the Poles are on Karak Eight Peaks, apparently. *sigh* happened in WoW too. Half the english servers won't be mainly english.

Vashu

MrPing1000 said:
I'll be going Karak-Azgal Europe ORDER.

I'll suggest we all go Order there. And stick with Karag Orrud for Destruction.

EU GAF:

Order - Karak Azgal
Destruction - Karak Orrud

Everybody okay with this?

Oh, and for the record: I'll roll Shadow Warrior. :D

Stop It

Vashu said:

EU GAF:

Order - Karak Azgal

Sounds good to me, could the first person in each server create a Neogaf channel in game also? I hope to see my fellow EU destro bastards on Karag-Orrud tomorrow then :)

Orin GA said:
How many Character Slots do we get?
10 I think. Or 9 :(

Ikuu

Had his dog run over by Blizzard's CEO
I was thinking Karak Azgal for Destruction, another forum I post at is rolling there, but enough of us are going Dest on a diff server I might roll there.

Edit: We need to get a roll call or something going, see who is playing what and where. Maybe someone who isn't lazy could start a thread in Online about it.

Vashu said:

EU GAF:

Order - Karak Azgal

I'd go GAF Destro if it were flipped, I'm in an Order guild rolling on Orrud.

fever

Neo Member
i preordered this from eu store last night :D i was in the beta but never really played as it was buggy with vista

Vashu

Francias Castiglione said:
I'd go GAF Destro if it were flipped, I'm in an Order guild rolling on Orrud.

Alright, not too late to change things.

Different server for GAF Destro then?

At Montanas Negra both sides are still low. Azgal for GAF Order, Montanas for GAF Destro?

Both are CORE servers btw.

Ikuu

Had his dog run over by Blizzard's CEO
Vashu said:
Azgal is full when it comes to Destro unfortunately. So big chance you might not get in there.
I believe they're changing the server caps as time goes on, to try and distribute players across the server evenly.

Vashu

Ikuu said:
I believe they're changing the server caps as time goes on, to try and distribute players across the server evenly.

Ah, ok. Still, I now have a Shadow Warrior on Azgal and a Marauder on Orrud. Just created them, so it can still change. I just want this finalized so that most of us can play together.

As it stands now:

Order - Karak Azgal
Destro - Montanas Negra - Karag Dron (Destro = High)

Edit: Just saw Montanas Negra is a Spanish server. My bad!

Top Bottom