• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Warhammer Online, The Official Thread of Destruction vs Order

So when I logged on i was 82 out 82.. now i'm 9 out of 385 after 5-10 mins..

Wow.. logging on later is gonna suck... and I gotta go soon :(

EDIT: REMEMBER!!!

/channeljoin NEOGAF

when you get on !

EDIT2: HOLY SH*$ - I found a blue on my first kill!! :lol

Arpeggio

Banned
godhandiscen said:
USA GAF, what are the servers?

The official U.S. GAF Destruction guild will be on SKULL THRONE. Order is invited to join SKULL THRONE as well, so that we can have huge GAF RvR battles!

Don't worry about the length of the queues at the moment. Mythic is just trying to filter people through at a reasonable rate. Queues will be drastically less over time.

Arpeggio said:
The official U.S. GAF Destruction guild will be on SKULL THRONE. Order is invited to join SKULL THRONE as well, so that we can have huge GAF RvR battles!

Don't worry about the length of the queues at the moment. Mythic is just trying to filter people through at a reasonable rate. Queues will be drastically less over time.
Yea they are filtering people slowly so starting areas dont get swarmed..

Smart on them.. Queues will dissapear..

Jak jumped the gun a bit on switching i think btu he has other people so lucky him :p

Twig

Banned
The fact that there are queues already is annoying.

But hey. I understand.

Glad to hear it's intentional! (Sort of. O_O I WAN PLAY NAO!)

Skull Throne is fucking packed. However, the scenario queues are relatively fast so that's pretty nice. If anyone's playing right now and wants to party up in Chaos land, send me a tell in game. The name is Bourne.

TurtleSnatcher said:
Yea they are filtering people slowly so starting areas dont get swarmed..

Smart on them.. Queues will dissapear..

Jak jumped the gun a bit on switching i think btu he has other people so lucky him :p
Yeah, sorry the sever decision isn't really up to me with my group. I wont be able to start till Tues. on the SE head start, so I'm currently talking to my friends who got the CE and they are scrambling around on what sever they are starting us on. Worst come to worst I'll have me friends and lots of GAF order people to beat on on the server. :D

AeroGod

Im in Averheim Order, what is everyones name? Dwarven Ironbreaker named Seamus here, add me to your friends list

I have to work this afternoon but if you guys want tonight around 10ish i will start up the guild after everyone gets situated and starts up their characters, unless some people cant wait and want to start it before that:lol

GAF Order...ROLL AVERHEIM :D

godhandiscen

There are millions of whiny 5-year olds on Earth, and I AM THEIR KING.
AeroGod said:
Om in Averheim Order, what is everyones name?
Mine is Dajo

Ok,

Server: Skull Throne
Class: Chosen
Name: Dajo

Server: Arheim
Class Witch Hunter
Name: Dajo

Why is a Junior with only 5 posts (well 1 post duplicated 5 times) trying to dictate what server we play? sorry, just seems weird.

Nobiru said:
Why is a Junior with only 5 posts (well 1 post deplicated 5 times) trying to dictate what server we play? sorry, just seems weird.
Yea found that a bit weird too.. :lol

I hope they raise these caps soon.. 2hr queue is not too headstarty..

godhandiscen

Nobiru said:
Why is a Junior with only 5 posts (well 1 post deplicated 5 times) trying to dictate what server we play? sorry, just seems weird.
He just did a survey of what most people agreed to play. Averheim was already the chosen Order GAF server since yesterday. Skullthrone... I don't know how he came up with that. But as long as we have a target does it matter who chose it? If there is a problem with Skullthrone I can play in another server.

Vashu said:
Just for clarification since we have both Americans and Europeans checking this thread:

United States/Canada:

Order - Averheim
Destruction - Skull Throne

Warhammer Online: Age of Reckoning GAF Guild (US)

Europe:

Order - Karag-Azgal
Destruction - Karag Dorn

Warhammer Online (EU): Topic of First Continent Players

Is there any good reason to put Order and Destruction players on different servers? Surely the number of people who will stick to one main character will outweigh people to legitimately play multiple characters on opposing factions.

godhandiscen said:
He just did a survey of what most people agreed to play. Averheim was already the chosen Order GAF server since yesterday. Skullthrone... I don't know how he came up with that. But as long as we have a target does it matter who chose it? If there is a problem with Skullthrone I can play in another server.

doesnt really matter, i just found it weird to have someone whos never posted on GAF (though has been signed up for 5 months, and like most of us, probably had to just watch for many months before that) comes in here and his first ever post is telling people what the "OFFICIAL" Gaf server is :p . whatever works, its good that someone is taking charge and getting GAF to play together. just found it odd. heh.

godhandiscen

TheHeretic said:
Is there any good reason to put Order and Destruction players on different servers? Surely the number of people who will stick to one main character will outweigh people to legitimately play multiple characters on opposing factions.
Because if you want to play both factions you cannot do it on the same server. Thats the only reason.

godhandiscen said:
Because if you want to play both factions you cannot do it on the same server. Thats the only reason.

I understand that, but with this system GAF Order players can't verse GAF destruction players, and that sucks.

godhandiscen

TheHeretic said:
I understand that, but with this system GAF Order players can't verse GAF destruction players, and that sucks.
If we are sticking to one server then it better be Averheim. I am off to enjoy the day whbile there is still Sun outside. Hopefully later more gaffers are already set on a server. I dont want to invest time on a character I will wipe out, specially after I have done the initial quests tons of times since closed beta.

GONZO

Can someone helo me out here, I can't log into the head start from the open beta client. I input my info and it says authentication failed. What am I missing? I have the head start activated in my ea account. This shit is pissing me off, help please!!

"Can someone helo me out here, I can't log into the head start from the open beta client. I input my info and it says authentication failed. What am I missing? I have the head start activated in my ea account. This shit is pissing me off, help please!!"

Collector's Edition or Standard Edition pre-order?

GONZO said:
Can someone helo me out here, I can't log into the head start from the open beta client. I input my info and it says authentication failed. What am I missing? I have the head start activated in my ea account. This shit is pissing me off, help please!!
Do you have the CE head start?

Anyways the wait to get into Skull Throne is obscene.

Hammer

Bupu, Ironbreaker - Averheim

I had to log to go get some errands and whatnot done, but I'll be back on tonight.

Karg

Sinatar said:
CE preorder starts today
D2D preorder starts tomorrow
SE preorder starts tuesday

Where was that published? Thought ordering from D2D for SE still allows for Head Start on the 16th and not the 15th.

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
Karg said:
Where was that published? Thought ordering from D2D for SE still allows for Head Start on the 16th and not the 15th.

Shockingly it's published on D2D's site. Where else?

Arpeggio

Banned
I've been logged into and playing on Skull Throne (Destruction) for the past hour and having a great time. Mythic is definitely being too severe with their server caps at the moment. There are a good amount of people in the starting area, but certainly not enough to require such extreme queue times. The queues will definitely ease up soon -- there is just no need for their current level.

Anyway, I'm Arpeggio in game. Chaos Marauder.

Ikuu

Had his dog run over by Blizzard's CEO
The_Inquisitor said:
So i'm thinking of rolling warrior-priest. However, I am afraid I will not be much in demand guild wise. What do you guys think.
I'd say the same for any MMORPG, roll something you want to play, not what you think others want. If you want to play a Warrior Priest play it, the game is so focused on RvR anyway so nobody can really stop you from doing anything anyway.

Unless you're looking to make a choice based on PvE.

Ikuu said:
I'd say the same for any MMORPG, roll something you want to play, not what you think others want. If you want to play a Warrior Priest play it, the game is so focused on RvR anyway so nobody can really stop you from doing anything anyway.

Unless you're looking to make a choice based on PvE.

Haha, I do enjoy pve...

I am a healer above all with sunwell raid experience from WoW.

MrCheez

President/Creative Director of Grumpyface Studios
My friends ended up rolling Dark Crag for Open PvP, so that's where I'll be. Hit me up if any other GAFfers join!

Denali

Goon Squad (aka Something Awful) is going to be making Skull Throne Destruction their home...so I assume he could be from way ova' yonder.

On another note, some friends and I will be rolling Skull Throne Order, we've all (well, a good majority of us) been playing together for about 4-5 years now. You can send me a PM if you're interested. If anything else, I'm sure we can ally with the GAF guild - assuming there is one.

Top Bottom