• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Warhammer Online, The Official Thread of Destruction vs Order

Yaweee

So what is the difference between Core and Open? Are there restrictions as to have characters on both sides one server? If there aren't, roll on the same server. If there are restrictions, don't put guilds on both sides, else people will be disinclined to experimentally switch since they'd have to delete their characters.

Vashu

Yaweee said:
So what is the difference between Core and Open? Are there restrictions as to have characters on both sides one server? If there aren't, roll on the same server. If there are restrictions, don't put guilds on both sides, else people will be disinclined to experimentally switch since they'd have to delete their characters.

Core is build around PVE with optional RVR, with Open you can battle everywhere. The latter being the thing I hate most about WoW, but I don't want to go on a PVE only server either. Warhammer puts restrictions on you, changes high level characters into chickens under certain conditions.

Really, I saw someone as a chicken in the Open Beta. :lol

Edit: The Russians went for Axe Bite Pass according to that same topic Ikuu, but still, would've been good to know if they did go for Dron.

Vashu said:
Core is build around PVE with optional RVR, with Open you can battle everywhere. The latter being the thing I hate most about WoW, but I don't want to go on a PVE only server either. Warhammer puts restrictions on you, changes high level characters into chickens under certain conditions.

Really, I saw someone as a chicken in the Open Beta. :lol

Both server types are PvP centric.

Vashu

Outdoor Miner said:
That is so wrong. Every server is built around RVR with optional PVE.

Ah, my bad. Guess I misunderstood. But still, one has certain rulesets, the other virtually none when it comes to PvP.

Vashu said:
Ah, my bad. Guess I misunderstood. But still, one has certain rulesets, the other virtually none when it comes to PvP.

No worries. I just don't want folks thinking that PvE is a focus of the game at all. This game is pvp through and thru. :D

Really the only notable difference between Core and Open is on Open you are flagged all the time.

Vashu

Right, got that cleared up. Now the European players here have to band together. Should I make a topic in the Online/Matchup forum?

Stop It

Perfectly able to grasp the inherent value of the fishing game.
Vashu said:
Right, got that cleared up. Now the European players here have to band together. Should I make a topic in the Online/Matchup forum?
Yes, do :)

Whatever is decided, I want to be a Chosen so I will always be open for tanking duties.

Vashu

It is done, EU Players check here!

'Waaaaaaaaagh' is the warcry of the Orcs, basically it's 'WAAAAAAR!' but the Orcs weren't dealt with the brightest minds in the universe. It's also used to differentiate the warbands of the Greenskins. Standard Warhammer lore.

Edit:

Illuminati, Mythic gave people who pre-order the Collector's Edition special keys so they could get a headstart today. Standard Edition players who also pre-ordered can join the 'Waaaaaagh!' tomorrow with their keys. That's how. :)

For those who are not in the Warhammer Online loop, how are you guys playing today? I'm looking at GameStop and Amazon and they say the game doesn't start till the 18th?

Illuminati said:
For those who are not in the Warhammer Online loop, how are you guys playing today? I'm looking at GameStop and Amazon and they say the game doesn't start till the 18th?

Theres a head start program for people who preordered. They are using a closed beta client with a release patch.

Arpeggio

Banned
The official U.S. GAF Destruction guild will be on SKULL THRONE. Order is invited to join SKULL THRONE as well, so that we can have huge GAF RvR battles!

eznark

Banned
TheHeretic said:
Theres a head start program for people who preordered. They are using a closed beta client with a release patch.

I just tried logging in to my beta account, I have the SE preorder. Is the beta completely closed now?

only a couple of my guildies got the CE edition, so if maybe a couple of you could help me start up my guild on Skull throne(destro) before you go off and make your GAF guild.

:D

Hammer

Azzurri said:
A lot of us are going Averheim

Oh ok, I wasn't sure if that was finalized or not. Count me in, though with all the Ironbreaker talk I'm not sure what Ill be playing now. Once I create, I'll post my name here or in the match up thread. (Too many WAR threads :lol )

Okay so we are on Skull Throne which is Core correct?

I hear a really big Order guild that likes to gank is going to that so I wasn't sure if we were swaying away.. Guess not. Though its Core so it shouldn't be bad.

EDIT: I'm speaking for US Destruction that is.

Hammer

I would like to avoid skull throne for order, if possible. I'm willing to make an alt for the destruction guild tho.

Karg

I'll probably go Destro so I'll check Skull Throne out. From the Beta thread it sounded like Skull Throne might already be hosed.

Arpeggio

Banned
TurtleSnatcher said:
Okay so we are on Skull Throne which is Core correct?

I hear a really big Order guild that likes to gank is going to that so I wasn't sure if we were swaying away.. Guess not. Though its Core so it shouldn't be bad.

EDIT: I'm speaking for US Destruction that is.

Correct, Skull Throne is core. You don't need to worry about being randomly ganked.

TurtleSnatcher said:
Okay.. Well I wont be home until this afternoon.. so I will check again and hopefully everyone would have made a decision by then :lol

Consensus has been reached for those playing Order. The server is Averheim.

Hammer

Haeleos said:
What is this Ironbreaker talk thou speakest of?

Between this thread and one of the 3 others, in the last 24 hours lots of "Im thinking of rolling Ironbreaker" talk has come up. I tend to want to avoid the FoTM classes, so Im making a last minuate change. Just not sure to what yet. :D I haven't seen too much Rune Priest talk as of late, and everyone loves a healer, so I may end up going that route. I kind of want to try to round out our guild, rather than let it be too tank or dps heavy. GAF guilds usually need all the chances to suceede that they can get. :lol

Karg

Hammer said:
Between this thread and one of the 3 others, in the last 24 hours lots of "Im thinking of rolling Ironbreaker" talk has come up. I tend to want to avoid the FoTM classes, so Im making a last minuate change. Just not sure to what yet. :D I haven't seen too much Rune Priest talk as of late, and everyone loves a healer, so I may end up going that route. I kind of want to try to round out our guild, rather than let it be too tank or dps heavy. GAF guilds usually need all the chances to suceede that they can get. :lol

Who is actually starting the guild?

Hammer said:

Going by the closed beta, Bright Wizards and Witch Hunters were overpopulated order side. The thing with Ironbreakers is they pair off with healers, so even if you have 4 or 5 of them in a scenario (and they didn't seem all that popular to begin with) as long as you have the healers to back them up you have a very strong team.

Honestly I saw as many Rune Priests as I did Ironbreakers, though in my opinion the dwarven classes are the best in the game.

Buggy Loop

Gold Member
My goddamn glasses broke this friday and they'll be sent for repair on monday, and i'll have to wait a good 3 to 4 days before i get em back, using a 10 years old pair at the moment and it sucks to read the interweb or playing games with that, no warhammer for me till a while :(

Hammer

TheHeretic said:
Going by the closed beta, Bright Wizards and Witch Hunters were overpopulated order side. The thing with Ironbreakers is they pair off with healers, so even if you have 4 or 5 of them in a scenario (and they didn't seem all that popular to begin with) as long as you have the healers to back them up you have a very strong team.

Honestly I saw as many Rune Priests as I did Ironbreakers, though in my opinion the dwarven classes are the best in the game.

I agree. Hands down. Especially on the healing front.

My FoTM comment kind of threw this off. While that is a concern, I'm more interested in filling holes in the guild than what the rest of the server population does.

Though I refuse to play a Witch Hunter. ><

Karg

For the Serial Code you get from your preorder, when activating that key, what happens if you apply that to the Open Beta account?

Karg said:
For the Serial Code you get from your preorder, when activating that key, what happens if you apply that to the Open Beta account?

Nothing bad. It just adds your headstart as a "feature". I have one account for the closed beta, open beta, preorder items and the headstart.

Elbrain

Suckin' dicks since '66
Here for all of you who where worried about the CE heads and stuff.

Greetings!

While we've provided this information in the past we wanted to be clear on how and when you will receive your Collectors Edition rewards on the characters you create during head start.

In order to receive the in-game items from your Collectors Edition you must have a valid CE Product Key entered (The one that comes with the box) this means you will not be able to use the items and faces during Head Start, however, you can use them on the character you have created as soon as you get your CE Box and associate the code with your game account, and yes you can even change your face!

Once you have your Collector's Edition simply visit the Mythic Account Center (http://accounts.eamythic.com) associate your product key with your existing Beta Game Account, the same Game Account you used to create your Head Start characters on. The next time you log your Head Start characters in they will receive an in game mail with your rewards!

To use the exclusive Collector's Edition face for your race take the item out of your mailbox and follow the instructions included on the items tooltip. Bring the face to a dye merchant and apply it like you would a dye in the Marketing Rewards slot on your character window, this will allow you to preview the new face before you change it.

Please Note: This change is permanent and you will be unable to change your face back later, so make sure it's the face you want!

That's all there is to it!

Have fun...WAAAGH!!!

Karg

TheHeretic said:
Nothing bad. It just adds your headstart as a "feature". I have one account for the closed beta, open beta, preorder items and the headstart.

Ah ok, I thought I saw in the FAQ on Mythic's site that upgrading the existing account might cause issues.

http://help.warhammeronline.com/cgi-bin/eawarhammer.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=8833

Yeah my account is doing the same thing, the Head Start Program is under my list of features. When you activated that key, did your Beta character get the in game mail of the preorder bonus items? Mine did.

Top Bottom