• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Watch_Dogs |OT| PS4 would probably melt trying to do this

DarkFlow

Banned
OXfj7Hg.png

dada_zpsc140d912.jpg

now what is this?
what is this? this isn't the same goddamn..UBISOFT FIX UR FCKING GAME!!!!
PPL SHOULDN'T HAVE TO DEAL WITH A DOWNGRADE THIS HUGE

Meltdown starting early? Save it for release man!

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
doge, you seem to be a bit angry. Wait for WD2, you'll be happier that way.

iNvid02

don't blow your load just yet bladers, you gotta save it for the review and digital foundry threads

and no edging

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
And to be fair it's not even at the same resolution. But yeah, that smoke is probably not in the game. Those bastards.

HowZatOZ

Banned
I like how he compares a day shot with a night shot, as if that somehow redeems his meltdown. Also here is some PS4 beta footage for MP only, though the player is atrocious: http://fanboyfeed.com/?it_videogames=watch-dogs-beta-gameplay

I'm a little confused about the world in the game. Apparantly the game is in chapters. Does that mean the city is in chunks and parts are only available per chapter or can you go anywhere and everywhere from the off?

Noticed no one had answered you, but the world is completely open with no lockdowns. Its just like GTA where missions will appear in certain sections however you can still free roam if you please.

And to be fair it's not even at the same resolution. But yeah, that smoke is probably not in the game. Those bastards.

They still have those smoke effects in the game, check the video I linked at the 7 minute mark.

DarkFlow

Banned
I like how he compares a day shot with a night shot, as if that somehow redeems his meltdown. Also here is some PS4 beta footage for MP only, though the player is atrocious: http://fanboyfeed.com/?it_videogames=watch-dogs-beta-gameplay

Noticed no one had answered you, but the world is completely open with no lockdowns. Its just like GTA where missions will appear in certain sections however you can still free roam if you please.

Don't try to engage him, it's just a waste of time. Just sit back and enjoy the crazy.

sjay1994

Doge, what did Ubi do to you?

The downgrade's not that bad. Game looks great! You should try playing it.

Are you joking? It looks better than great. It looks way better than the 2012 reveal.

My mind can't process all the improvements made by the lighting engine. Look at those richer colors. Look at the details on his coat! Watch Dogs is unparalleled in visuals. It is the benchmark game that all others should aspire to be.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Are you joking? It looks better than great. It looks way better than the 2012 reveal.

My mind can't process all the improvements made by the lighting engine. Look at those richer colors. Look at the details on his coat! Watch Dogs is unparalleled in visuals. It is the benchmark game that all others should aspire to be.

Fucking lol.

I'm almost to the point that I miss Derrick.

I say that now....

So back OT, I really wish I could get my rig up and running to try this out. Don't see myself getting the console versions when I probably won't play it for quite some time.

I do hope that the PC version is great and that Uplay doesn't butcher it.

"You do not fear being banned. You think this makes you strong. It makes you weak."

"Why?"

"How can you type faster than possible, argue longer than possible without the most powerful impulse of the spirit: the fear of being banned."

"I do fear being banned. I fear being banned here, while my argument is refuted, and there's no one there to support it."

"Then argue."

"How?"

"As a child does. Without evidence. Then fear will find you again."

TDKRFavMomentsScenesShotW5-3.jpg

Have you seen the tessellation of the rain? My only complaint is that the PC version has e3 2012 exclusive explosions.

This game is going to be crap.

Day 1.
Incredible turnaround.

Darknight

It gets me when in the TV ad they say something along the lines of "truly next gen experience" or something.

Fucking LOL + eyeroll + facepalm.jpg

sjay1994

"You do not fear being banned. You think this makes you strong. It makes you weak."

"Why?"

"How can you type faster than possible, argue longer than possible without the most powerful impulse of the spirit: the fear of being banned."

"I do fear being banned. I fear being banned here, while my argument is refuted, and there's no one there to support it."

"Then argue."

"How?"

dog_bane_by_chupacabratgp-d5cfmgm.png

“Ah you think irrationality is your ally? You merely adopted baseless thinking. I was born in it, molded by it. I didn't see rational discussion until I was already a man, by then it was nothing to me but confusing!”

kudoboi

Jesus Christ this thread. I'm laughing in the train like a hyena.

Already have this pre ordered on PC along with the season pass. Can't wait for the release

There's a storm coming, Mr. Sjay. You and your friends better batten down the hatches, because when it hits, you're all gonna wonder how you ever thought you could argue with doge and leave the rest of us nothing but bad visuals and broken Ubi promises.

sjay1994

iamthedogethatwatches will make everyone sympathize with WD again.

Wow

Well done

Such mentally upgrade

Holy shit.

What if blanders is really a ubisoft employee acting like an outraged, irrational being so GAF will sympathize with watch dogs.

tumblr_mjv33wPRuA1qe1w1yo1_400.gif

DarkFlow

Banned

"Why?"

"Then argue."

"How?"

“Ah you think irrationality is your ally? You merely adopted baseless thinking. I was born in it, molded by it. I didn't see rational discussion until I was already a man, by then it was nothing to me but confusing!”

There's a storm coming, Mr. Sjay. You and your friends better batten down the hatches, because when it hits, you're all gonna wonder how you ever thought you could argue with doge and leave the rest of us nothing but bad visuals and broken Ubi promises.

This right here is why he's not banned yet lol.

Replicant

I just realised this is coming earlier than I thought. I thought it's scheduled for June but as it turns out, it's scheduled for May 27th. No wonder Amazon already shipped my copy.

Darknight

Doge, explain this shit:

yYG2SHv.jpg

Im not Doge but half the game looking ok for current gen is not a valid excuse for the crap UBI has done with this game. So during the day, everyone must deal with crap textures, lighting and dull graphics and get hyped when it starts raining?

"Yes its raining! Game looks like it belongs to this generation! Welp better enjoy it as in 10 minutes day time is coming and back to PS3/360 mode!!!"

sjay1994

NotTheGuyYouKill: Doge? Doge! Why's he posting Sjay?

Sjay: Because we have to mock him.

NotTheGuyYouKill: But why isn't he banned?

Sjay: Because he's the hero GAF deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So we'll mock him. Because he can take it. Because he's not our hero. He's far from a silent guardian. A watchful doge. A Dark Blanders.

We are running out of Nolan Batman quotes, we might have to resort to Burton or Schumacher

Phlebas

Banned

This is amazing.

Can't wait for release, still have high hopes.

NotTheGuyYouKill: Doge? Doge! Why's he posting Sjay?

Sjay: Because we have to mock him.

NotTheGuyYouKill: But why isn't he banned?

Sjay: Because he's the hero GAF deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So we'll mock him. Because he can take it. Because he's not our hero. He's far from a silent guardian. A watchful doge. A Dark Blanders.

We are running out of Nolan Batman quotes, we might have to resort to Burton or Schumacher

We'll never run out of quotes.

We have as many quotes as there are tangerines in Burma.

sjay1994

So where's the thread where we can actually discuss Watch Dogs instead of spamming memes?

“When you find yourself locked onto an unpleasant train of thought, heading for the places in your past where the screaming is unbearable, remember there's always madness. Madness is the emergency exit.”

The amount of hatred and spite WD has gotten on gaf might have driven me slightly insane.... I think I need help

Anion

OXfj7Hg.png

dada_zpsc140d912.jpg

now what is this?
what is this? this isn't the same goddamn..UBISOFT FIX UR FCKING GAME!!!!
PPL SHOULDN'T HAVE TO DEAL WITH A DOWNGRADE THIS HUGE

Why the hell is everything so gawd-damn flat all of a sudden?

LOL. I love how the 2012 picture literally took 10 seconds to load.

HowZatOZ

Banned
Im not Doge but half the game looking ok for current gen is not a valid excuse for the crap UBI has done with this game. So during the day, everyone must deal with crap textures, lighting and dull graphics and get hyped when it starts raining?

"Yes its raining! Game looks like it belongs to this generation! Welp better enjoy it as in 10 minutes day time is coming and back to PS3/360 mode!!!"

But that's the thing, daytime looks fine for a title releasing in 2014. To expect omg graphics in an open-world game that lets you profile any of the citizens, while hacking into a large variety of objects on the fly is rather far-fetched. Yes the 2012 showcase was definitely ahead of its time, which Ubisoft said it was previewing on specs they believed would be the current-gen consoles, however it turns out they weren't as powerful.

To me, daytime looks fine. It looks natural, without the crazy amount of blur and sun flares, but again that is just my opinion. I'm not a graphical type person, especially when it comes to open-world games. I loved inFamous for what it looked like, but as an open-world game it was super dull, as in "I've finished the game and I don't even need to look at it anymore." Also claiming it looks like PS3/X360 quality is just disheartening, as it looks far better than what we have on GTA V, especially in density.

Top Bottom