• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Watch_Dogs |OT| PS4 would probably melt trying to do this

DrBo42

I want this game. I really do. But something feels off. Like the calm before the storm.

I'll never forgive the mods for letting him run rampant. It's funny to them up in Mount Olympus but down here trying to have conversations around his presence is pretty fucking annoying. You red named bastards.

Gaz_RB

Watch Dags

Brad-Pitt-in-Snatch.jpg
Watch Dags indeed.

*CTRL-ALT-DEL CTR-ALT-DEL CTRL-ALT-DEL*

God damn it! It isn't working! :'(
I see that poster is using a standard integer loop so we'll only see that post 2,147,483,647 more times before we get an overflow exception or until it flips into the negative and exits the loop.

You just have to learn to look at the bright side.

Can we change the thread title, I'm day one on XBO and the thread title already is focusing on PS4 ignoring every other system its coming out for.
I don't even get the reference.

Mister D

This thread has been a fun ride and so have all the threads related to this game. I went ahead and coughed up the money to buy this on Steam. I'm an open world game whore and still need to finish SRIV and Infamous but felt like giving this game a shot too since there isn't much else out right now. Probably should work on my backlog but I'm a stupid individual.

P.S. gimme some of that doge angel blessing - thanks doge.

God I love when people bitch about tired memes.

I'll never forgive the mods for letting him run rampant. It's funny to them up in Mount Olympus but down here trying to have conversations around his presence is pretty fucking annoying. You red named bastards.

lol i edited my post because i felt it would get me in trouble somehow, like backseat moderating. But yes agreed. It's a ridiculous double standard.

statham

I see that poster is using a standard integer loop so we'll only see that post 2,147,483,647 more times before we get an overflow exception or until it flips into the negative and exits the loop.

You just have to learn to look at the bright side.

I don't even get the reference.

I'm a watch dogs fan, but skimming over threads I see OT and and PS4, I skim over them them. why is what I'm saying so insane? OT should be for all systems, but this OT is naming one.

CrazyDude

I'm a watch dogs fan, but skimming over threads I see OT and and PS4, I skim over them them. why is what I'm saying so insane? OT should be for all systems, but this OT is naming one.

Jesus Christ, will you get over yourself.

I feel like I entered GameFAQ.

moai

this OT is terrible, memes, thread title whining, etc.
but maybe this game deserves it, i don´t know anymore, it has been such a rollercoaster since it`s announcement. maybe the final blow will be the reviews.

edit: also the other thread has way more interesting info, videos and such.

DarkFlow

Banned
Because not everyone takes this console war bullshit to this extreme? The title is laterally making fun of PS4, but you seem to have your panties in a bundle over it.

Its just a joke about melting PS4s. If anything its an outrage that people actually think that PS4s could ever melt with 8 gigs of GDDR5 super ram!!

sjay1994

Watch_Dawgs |OT| Welcome to the madhouse

Just go with the flow.

My loop comment was aimed at iamthedogethatwatches, not you. And I didn't know where the funny was in the OT title so I actually kindof agreed with you.

But then again I am an Xbone owner now, so maybe the Kinect is whispering pro-Xbox propaganda at super low frequencies while I sleep.

Hoje0308

Banned
You can still lay low and not be forgettable rather than the opposite.

profile_image_crossed.jpg

2784835-vs.jpg

Dishonored-The_Outsider.png

assassins-creed.jpg

337951.jpg

I find it hard to believe that after finishing the game I will remember his name or his face. For me he simply does not have that iconic presence.

I have to say that I don't believe any of those characters would actually be able to "lay low" in real life. For Christ's sake, AssCreed looks like something out of a circus. Interesting, yes. Believable, not so much.

No, it's recalling a comment from one of the downgrade threads. Jesus, count to ten or something, and realize that acting like an entitled little child with a persecution complex is ruining your ability to enjoy a thread that has entertained a fair number of us.

BennyBlanco

aka IMurRIVAL69

Yea, at first glance I thought it was odd the ps4 version had it's very own OT. Then I remembered the post and laughed.

It is for all systems. The thread title is a joke reference. As most OTs are.

The fact of the matter is, you are so attached to Xbox One that you feel personally threatened by the mention of "PS4" in a multiplatform OT title, even in the context of a joke. So much so that you're calling for the title to be changed instead of just, you know, moving on.

Which is--I sincerely hope you realize--utterly ridiculous.

jayu26

Dude, in many ways that joke encompasses every crazy thing that has happened to this game. Resolution-gate, downgrades, people just shitting on it for no reason. When people thought a footage looked better just because someone said it was PC footage, when it wasn't. I think that joke represents all of that.

Besides, I think most of us in the gaf community felt that that was the most appropriate OT title after that hyperbolic statement was made. There are plenty of people buying this game on Xbox One, there are people buying it on 360. Relax and enjoy the damn thread.

Can we change the thread title, I'm day one on XBO and the thread title already is focusing on PS4 ignoring every other system its coming out for.

yes, the thread title is focusing on PS4 by implying that it can't handle the game

which would be a sentiment for nobody to take seriously, much less interpret as a focus on a single console, even if it weren't an obvious sarcastic reference to a post from another thread

i mean shit man this is ridiculous i love you virginia but you can't be doing that cmon

yes, the thread title is focusing on PS4 by implying that it can't handle the game

which would be a sentiment for nobody to take seriously, much less interpret as a focus on a single console, even if it weren't an obvious sarcastic reference to a post from another thread

i mean shit man this is ridiculous i love you virginia but you can't be doing that cmon

K-k-k-k-karrot kake show him what for it mean to be super sand legend

The Flash

Banned
I haven't paid attention to any of the recent hubbub with this game but what I do know is that it's a cool looking open world game that I can play on my Xbox One. I've always been a sucker for open world games and it'll be nice to have one on my new system.

I'll happily hack into your world Statham ;)

but are you watch dawgs fan? if anything you should be outraged at the spelling error. i mean how can someone really know its an OT about watch dogs if the title name isn't even correct?

char0n

Wow, 10 pages already... hope I'm not asking a question answered a million times, but all ethical arguments aside, it looks like the best option from the crazy-ass version chart for someone who wants a PS4 physical copy is the "ubistore/uplay exclusive edition" (assuming it doesn't have a stupid price), but when I go onto the ubi store, I see a preorder for the PS4 physical copy but no mention of an exclusive edition or it coming with anything aside from what's in the standard. Is this a region thing (I'm in the US) or was it a limited time/quantity deal or a hidden item on the store or just comes with it if you order there and they don't tell you or what?

Dead

well not really...yet
thanks doge

off topic: Still supremely hyped for the game. Can't wait to play it next week!

BennyBlanco

aka IMurRIVAL69
Wow, 10 pages already... hope I'm not asking a question answered a million times, but all ethical arguments aside, it looks like the best option from the crazy-ass version chart for someone who wants a PS4 physical copy is the "ubistore/uplay exclusive edition" (assuming it doesn't have a stupid price), but when I go onto the ubi store, I see a preorder for the PS4 physical copy but no mention of an exclusive edition or it coming with anything aside from what's in the standard. Is this a region thing (I'm in the US) or was it a limited time/quantity deal or a hidden item on the store or just comes with it if you order there and they don't tell you or what?

I think you're talking about the pc version.

char0n

I think you're talking about the pc version.

According to the infamous chart, it just says "Uplay Exclusive Edition" (4th column) with Exclusivity of "Uplay Store (Ubishop)", nothing about PC only (that's the Uplay Deluxe Edition column). Google searches aren't coming up with really good results, but one site claimed it was EMEA countries only? Damn, if you want in-game content they're really pushing digital copy format...

If that's the case, I'll probably just get standard through Amazon as per usual and if I really enjoy it, get the "GOTY"/Steam-Sale edition with all the DLC in a year or so for less than half the price when I have a better PC.

Top Bottom