• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WayForward and LRG announces Carbon Engine port of GBA game Sigma Star Saga

Thick Thighs Save Lives

NeoGAF's Physical Games Advocate Extraordinaire
medium-34ebdb9950dca01adc16e35550988cce.png

WayForward was on-hand at Anime Expo 2024 and they put together a panel to discuss various projects. Turns out the developer had a secret in the works as well, and it’s one their longtime fans will really appreciate.

During their Anime Expo 2024 panel, WayForward announced that they’re teaming with Limited Run Games for a Carbon Engine port of the GBA game Sigma Star Saga. You can see the announcement in the video below.

WayForward didn’t announce specific platforms for the game’s release, but they did say it was planned for “modern consoles.” Considering WayForward’s support of Nintendo thus far, we’d venture to say that this modern-day revamp is a lock for Switch or Switch’s successor. Hopefully we get confirmation on that soon.

Sigma Star Saga was originally released for the GBA in 2005 and was a unique mash-up of genres, including RPG and shmups. The story focused on a space pilot named Ian Recker who goes undercover against Earth’s enemies, the Krill, in a battle to save the planet.

Sources - GoNintendo & Gematsu

Oh man I remember always wanting to play this game when I was a kid. It looked awesome but I never ended up getting it, don't think the release was too widespread considering it came out at the very end of the GBA lifespan. RPG + shmup was a great idea then, still is now.

Top Bottom