• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wayne Brady to take over writing duties of Amazing Spiderman

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slayven

For the annual.

http://comicsalliance.com/marvel-comic-book-releases-for-november-2016-solicitations/
AMAZING SPIDER-MAN ANNUAL #1
HUMBERTO RAMOS & CHRISTOS GAGE, JAMES ASMUS,
WAYNE BRADY & JONATHAN MANGUM (w)
FRANCISCO HERRERA & TBA (a)
Cover by FRANCISCO HERRERA
Variant Cover A by TBA
Variant Cover B by TBA
SPIDER-MAN AROUND THE WORLD!
• Don’t miss Spider-Man’s adventure in Mexico City!
• And Cloak and Dagger at the Parker Industries office in Shanghai!
• And if that weren’t enough, star of stage and screen WAYNE BRADY tries his hand at comics with the funniest Spider-Man story EVER!
40 PGS./Rated T …$4.99

Should be great

But no way it tops Spiderman and Human getting drunk on horse milk and fucking up New York

OnPoint

giphy.gif

This guy has touched a lot of things I like but I can't pin him down to anything specific. He was on an episode of SG-1. I don't even remember him on that, or WWE Raw.

Should be fun.

I think I have to admit to having no idea how becoming a comic book writer works.

If Bill Hader and CM Punk can do it, we all can.

DeathoftheEndless

Crashing this plane... with no survivors!
He's a really funny dude, so this could be good.

Don't hate on Slott, GAF. His newest run on Amazing has been great.

The Ummah

Banned
Daaammmnnn, Wayne "RIVERSIDE, MUTHAFUCKA!" Brady.

This is interesting. Wouldn't have predicted this, ever.

Edit: First member post hype!

Curse you, Slayven. You stole this news from me. You STOLE IT FROM MEEEE.

But the joke's on you. Within that link is the truly horrific news, that libertarian Ayn Rand-lover Penn Jillette is also writing a Spider-Man comic! AHHHHH!

phanphare

Banned
He's a really funny dude, so this could be good.

Don't hate on Slott, GAF. His newest run on Amazing has been great.

slott is great, though imo he's overstayed his welcome unless this next arc pays off

I miss the brand new day era spider man with the rotating writers. so much good stuff during all that.

DeathoftheEndless

Crashing this plane... with no survivors!
slott is great, though imo he's overstayed his welcome unless this next arc pays off

I miss the brand new day era spider man with the rotating writers. so much good stuff during all that.

I haven't read any of his earlier stuff, but the current billionaire Parker/Spidey is fun and hilarious.

phanphare

Banned
I haven't read any of his earlier stuff, but the current billionaire Parker/Spidey is fun and hilarious.

yeah it took me a bit to get on board with the shift but I like it now. more so because slott's building on some things with his previous stories that I really like and wanted to see built upon. also anna maria has been my favorite new character and for a little bit it seemed like she was an afterthought.

I think Slott is great. Surprised there are so many haters. I had a chance to meet him at a Doctor Who screening a few years ago.

vikki

Wayne "Dave, you makin' me nervous. You makin' me think you gonna snitch." Brady.

It'll probably be pretty good.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
so when did people stop liking Dan Slott on Spider-Man

because I haven't really read Spidey comics basically since One More Day, and when Slott started out people were saying like "yeah OMD was stupid but Amazing Spider-Man is still a really good book."

and then people seemed to like Superior so... ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom