• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Weird mention of Super Monkey in EB's Xbox list

Hellraizah

While searching for a game in the new releases part of our system today, I came across SUPER MONKEY XB in the Xbox list. If I remember correctly, it was slated for november.

This was the first time ever I've heard of such thing. Coming back here, I searched to see if this was also on the website, but I didn't find it. I found the Super Monkey Ball DX listing for Playstation 2 : http://www.ebgames.com/ebx/product/244475.asp

Was this game confirmed at all for PS2 ??? and now for Xbox ???

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
AniHawk said:
This just in: SMB is suddenly a good game!

And for GC penguins everywhere, it suddenly sucks!

Muwhahah, yep, fanboys can be hillarious :D

Phoenix

AniHawk said:

It was a fun little romp, but I can't believe how much fanaticism there is behind the title. If another one wasn't made, I wouldn't shed a tear :)

Gahiggidy

My aunt & uncle run a Mom & Pop store, "The Gamecube Hut", and sold 80k WiiU within minutes of opening.
F.U. Sega...
mad.gif

Hellraizah

Well, if it's indeed coming to Xbox, I sure as hell wish for Xbox Live gameplay. One thing about it sucks, though, the analog stick on the Xbox won't be as precise as the GameCube one.

AniHawk said:

This just in: This joke is played out and used in 50% of Gaming-Age's thread by "clever" posters.

just joshing with ya ;)

cja

Must suck to be Sega, people are talking more about two year old ports than their original content for this holiday.

Hellraizah

If I have some time tomorrow, I'll try to take a picture of the new releases list and contact the Xbox buyer of the company to get the lowdown. Maybe people were right about Sammy forcing multi-consoles releases.

Sega was stupid before, now with Sammy....they're retarded. Hey retard! Why not release some new games! And Monkey Ball on Xbox is the most retarded thing I've ever heard.

DCX

DCX
Good news, new levels, Live, custom level editor...maybe new characters? I'm in.
Xbox version of course.

DCX

BeOnEdge

Banned
kitchenmotors said:
Sega was stupid before, now with Sammy....they're retarded. Hey retard! Why not release some new games! And Monkey Ball on Xbox is the most retarded thing I've ever heard.

yes. monkey ball with 4 player multiplayer in house and 4+ multiplayer on LIVE is retarded. what a loon.

BeOnEdge said:
yes. monkey ball with 4 player multiplayer in house and 4+ multiplayer on LIVE is retarded. what a loon.

And who is gonna be on live playing Monkey Ball? Besides obsessive Sega fanboys. There is no audience there, there is a whole audience already with the GC version. Why ignore that and opt for more ports? Why not wait till next-gen to get a cross-platform online version going? Isn't that the most logical thing to do?

Oh, I forgot who I'm talking to. Logic is out the retarded window!

DCX

DCX
kitchenmotors said:
And who is gonna be on live playing Monkey Ball? Besides obsessive Sega fanboys. There is no audience there, there is a whole audience already with the GC version. Why ignore that and opt for more ports? Why not wait till next-gen to get a cross-platform online version going? Isn't that the most logical thing to do?

Huh? Super Monkey Ball is one of the best multiplayer games out there! That's like saying a Live version of Puzzle Fighter or Worms won't have an audience. Man, Tertris Online for DC had players online all the time...not as much as Quake or NFL but still.

DCX

Hellraizah

Suerte said:
Omg it's on some website's release list so it MUST be true! LETS START A 12 PAGE DEBATE!
Actually, it's not on any website release list, it's on the release list at my brick and mortar store.

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
AniHawk said:
That's about 100,000 people right there.

*glances at Panzer Dragoon, Sega GT, JSRF, Toe Jam and Earl Sales*

You sure about that?!?

I have both games already, but would buy this if it has Live play.

Would rather be getting SMB3, though, even if it's offline.

DCX

DCX
Suikoguy said:
*glances at Panzer Dragoon, Sega GT, JSRF, Toe Jam and Earl Sales*

You sure about that?!?
Ouch low blow...I'm a Sega fan but Toe Jam doesn't appeal to me. Panzer , no Sega fab has an excuse not to own this game. I own 3 of 4 so i'm doing my part ;)

DCX

Hellraizah

Just thought about something. Maybe people at the head office were entering new stuff in the release dates and they just fucked up by seeing Super Monkey Ball DX for Playstation 2, BUT saw Super Monkey Ball X (for Xbox) and thought it was for Xbox. It wouldn't even surprise me.

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
Wait a sec - is the PS2 version actually confirmed?

Hmmm, I *really* hope they make it for the PSP and DS, though. This action/puzzle kind of game is perfect for a handheld.

Hey guys, remember when EBGames listed Suikoden 3 as coming to XBox? Good times...
Also, ZOE2 for PC :p But they do get things right from time to time.

There was a time when online Monkey Ball excited me, then I thought about it. Who wants to play those mini games online? The whole appeal is they make good party games with everyone screaming in each others ears. Playing those with strangers online loses that appeal and you're left with simplistic mini-games. I think Whacked would probably be more fun.

Now a new Monkey Ball that had single player levels like SMB1 would rock (And, at worst, it needs to be on every system. One of the few original games to sell well this generation and Sega benches it.)

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
monkeys online would be only great in mini games, main mode would have people so good it's disturbing crushing your hopes of victory every time.

BeOnEdge

Banned
kitchenmotors said:

rediculous. just plain rediculous. i have no other words.

BeOnEdge

Banned
i dont see how it'd be any different. in fact i went out and bought GC pads WITHOUT the octa grooves for more precise control. Multiplatform SMB just spreads the joy to all. Anyone against it is just vexxed because it'll be another exclusive the GC wont have. LIVE even if only used by 3 people is a PLUS. In what world are extras bad things?

DCX

DCX
AniHawk said:
Use a PlayCube or similar device for the Xbox controller and see for yourself.
That's different, i mean you are un-naturally using another tech on a system that you aren't supposed to. Now from the ground up develop the control for XBOX i bet it will be close if not the same as cube.

DCX

sc0la

Unconfirmed Member
The more people that play super monkey ball the better.

The best thing about live is that finally multiplayer "races" on single player levels would now be practical since you have your own screen, its unplayable in split screen. That said I prefer things like monkey pilot (1) as in room multi.

shpankey

not an idiot
etiolate said:
This game is a shadow of itself without the GC stick.
You gotta be fucking kidding me lol. That's the first time I've heard anyone say the GC sticks were something looked after. The Xbox analog sticks are godly and honestly, those shitty sticks on the GCN are a joke.

Top Bottom