• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Welcome to Night Vale [Mafia] |OT| The Dog Park will not harm you

Fireblend

Banned
I need a Night Vale themed avatar. Any suggestions for good places to find them?

You might want to ask the faceless woman who secretly lives in your home. I'm pretty sure she's within hearing distance of you right now. Even if you whispered. She might know.

Or tumblr.

You might want to ask the faceless woman who secretly lives in your home. I'm pretty sure she's within hearing distance of you right now. Even if you whispered. She might know.

Or tumblr.

They even have one for Yeeny!

"The average person is swallowed by eight spiders each year while sleeping."

fffffffffffffffffffffff

im melting out of love. ugh. so much, so much glorious, haunting, beautiful and disturbing stuff in here. just my kind of thing.

*_____*

royroy.... i've always played favourites >:D .... like, how birds are some spider's favourite meal........ >:D

fffffffffffffffffffffff

im melting out of love. ugh. so much, so much glorious, haunting, beautiful and disturbing stuff in here. just my kind of thing.

*_____*

royroy.... i've always played favourites >:D .... like, how birds are some spider's favourite meal........ >:D

When is Cecil going to report about this feud between the birds and the spiders? I'd love to know what the city council wants us to do during this trying time.

Razmos

When is Cecil going to report about this feud between the birds and the spiders? I'd love to know what the city council wants us to do during this trying time.
170031e83c3887548a3ab16927f5dbff.jpg

squidyj

Heeeeeeeey everyoooooone!

I am so like, stoked to begin my vacation in this town! The travel agent told me this place was like, THE go-to vay-cay spot right now~

I mean, the other two options he offered me were like, a dusty old castle and some kind of lame village! Yuck, just saying those out loud makes me feel like, totally groady.

gag me with a spoon.

Heeeeeeeey everyoooooone!

I am so like, stoked to begin my vacation in this town! The travel agent told me this place was like, THE go-to vay-cay spot right now~

I mean, the other two options he offered me were like, a dusty old castle and some kind of lame village! Yuck, just saying those out loud makes me feel like, totally groady.

It's a good ting I'm not in this game with you scrafty, or I would stick true to my promise right now XD

Dear Diary,

So like, today I finally arrived at the town I'll be staying at during my vay-cay! Yay!

I think it's called like, Night Dale or something. I dunno! I just know it's 'sposed to be, like, a hotspot for hot people like me!

I like, didn't get the reception I expected though. Seems like this place has just as many lamewads and meanies as there are back home, and that's like, totally unfab. I think I even saw, like, a spider! Ew!

Hopefully things will be better once I get my beauty sleep. Until then, like, stay fresh!

Love and peace,

Lucy "Scrafty" Diablos

Droplet

Dear Diary,

So like, today I finally arrived at the town I'll be staying at during my vay-cay! Yay!

I think it's called like, Night Dale or something. I dunno! I just know it's 'sposed to be, like, a hotspot for hot people like me!

I like, didn't get the reception I expected though. Seems like this place has just as many lamewads and meanies as there are back home, and that's like, totally unfab. I think I even saw, like, a spider! Ew!

Hopefully things will be better once I get my beauty sleep. Until then, like, stay fresh!

Love and peace,

Lucy "Scrafty" Diablos

How does your bikini stay on?

squidyj

Dear Diary,

Love and peace,

Lucy "Scrafty" Diablos

lady, can't you tell the difference between your diary and a public forum on the internet?

Edit: The fact that the first name is Lucy.... makes me want to watch lucy daughter of the devil.

RetroMG

A message from the Night Vale City Council:

Don't be afraid of spiders! Spiders are your friends! Sorry, that was confusing wording. All your friends are secretly spiders! Better.

UltraJay

Looks like I'll have some catching up to do with that podcast.

Also a PSA for everyone here: I'm in Australia which is around 14-15 hours removed from this games starting time. The game starts at 5 AM the 17th for me. I'll be posting evening-late night from US players perspective. If I get crazy and post LATE at night for me it'll be early morning for you guys. As an example it's 6:30 PM right now for me but after midnight for the US.

Just a notice in case anyone wonders why I'm not posting... it is probably because I'm asleep. :) I'll get back to you guys when YOU are asleep. Heh heh.

Looks like I'll have some catching up to do with that podcast.

Also a PSA for everyone here: I'm in Australia which is around 14-15 hours removed from this games starting time. The game starts at 5 AM the 17th for me. I'll be posting evening-late night from US players perspective. If I get crazy and post LATE at night for me it'll be early morning for you guys. As an example it's 6:30 PM right now for me but after midnight for the US.

Just a notice in case anyone wonders why I'm not posting... it is probably because I'm asleep. :) I'll get back to you guys when YOU are asleep. Heh heh.

omgomgomgomgomg

another australian gafia player *________*

........ i feel your pain (about time zone) but just post when you're up and gaffing and you'll be fine. the only thing that always shits me was missing the day ends when the voting goes crazy :<

ONCE they even turboed the day when i was asleep and that was roooooooood

>:C

UltraJay

Waking up past the end of day and night phases might suck, you're right. If I miss the frantic voting I'm wondering if my votes will do anything or even work against everyone if everyone changes their minds while I'm asleep.

Waking up past the end of day and night phases might suck, you're right. If I miss the frantic voting I'm wondering if my votes will do anything or even work against everyone if everyone changes their minds while I'm asleep.

this invariably happens

i actually set my alarm to wake up at the wee hours in the morning when i think the voting is going to be important

but other than that, i leave it up to my fellow townies
to fuck it up

mind you the last game i played in, i helped lynched our doctor on day 1 :>

listening to that podcast and it is deliciously creepy.

also ditto for me on the timezone shenanigans, and im in New Zealand so im even further in the future ( haha, i know what you'll all say at least 2 hours before you say it!)

this is going to be fun!

squidyj

this invariably happens

i actually set my alarm to wake up at the wee hours in the morning when i think the voting is going to be important

but other than that, i leave it up to my fellow townies
to fuck it up

mind you the last game i played in, i helped lynched our doctor on day 1 :>

yeah i didn't do that for the games that ended and started early. i was like "if I want to make it before the end of the day I'd have to get up 2 hours earlier than normal...... fuck it, I'd rather lose"

roytheone

fffffffffffffffffffffff

*_____*

tumblr_lwgz4gUxTv1qcyxj3o1_400.gif

I need some breakfast and I think a tasty spider would do wonderfully!

Fireblend

Banned
Can't wait to read Lucy's impressions on some of Night Vale hottest landmarks, like the library, or the dog park. Or the abandoned mineshaft outside of town (it has free wi-fi!) n_n

I love your avatar &#10084;

were I better with paint.net I could clean up the edge pixels, but I can't find them ;_;

psyched for this. introduced a friend to the podcast and I think he'll enjoy it. I have a few days, but I'm not sure I'll get caught up on the whole thing by then.

Can't wait to read Lucy's impressions on some of Night Vale hottest landmarks, like the library, or the dog park. Or the abandoned mineshaft outside of town (it has free wi-fi!) n_n

Oh my gawd, a dog park! I like, totally love dogs!

I would like, super appreciate free wi-fi too. The hotel I'm staying at has wi-fi but it like, keeps automatically sending me to bizarro sites I never asked for. At least the room service is good. The maid seems like she's always around, even if she's like, a billion years old.

Razmos

Where do you hail from Scrafty? are you also from the glorious nation of Luftnarp? I hope you aren't a Svitzian

Where do you hail from Scrafty? are you also from the glorious nation of Luftnarp? I hope you aren't a Svitzian

No, silly, I'm from America! Like, just south of Beverly Hills in the winter, and just north of Miami in the summer!

I've like, been to Svitz before though. It was like, so boring! Nothing but dumb old arches and a gross wet wind that like, totally messed up my hair.

Ty4on

Or tumblr.
The faceless woman who lives in my home keeps deleting my tumblr bookmarks and I'm not sure if the pictures are council approved.

Oh my gawd, a dog park! I like, totally love dogs!
*slams table*

There is no "dog park"! If it did exist I'm sure tourists would not be allowed in it.

The faceless woman who lives in my home keeps deleting my tumblr bookmarks and I'm not sure if the pictures are council approved.

*slams table*

There is no "dog park"! If it did exist I'm sure tourists would not be allowed in it.

They probably wouldn't let dogs in it either. There's always Desert Flower Bowling Alley and Arcade Fun Complex though. That's where tourist should go, they have beer and buffalo wings!

Fireblend

Banned

*slams table*

Speaking of things that don't exist, I'm disappointed that this thread has no subtitle. Just "Welcome to Night Vale [Mafia] |OT|" feels like it's missing something. Couldn't Retro have added a fun subtitle like the Harry Potter thread?

=/

squidyj

i just realized that I really hope people don't soft-claim with in-fiction hints because they're going to go completely over my head. :l

Coppanuva

i just realized that I really hope people don't soft-claim with in-fiction hints because they're going to go completely over my head. :l

I agree. Or I hope that we have someone willing to explain these hints for those of us less in the know.

RetroMG

That's part of why I'll be interjecting with reports from Night Vale, to try to help alleviate that.

Coppanuva

That's part of why I'll be interjecting with reports from Night Vale, to try to help alleviate that.

RetroMG, syndicated columnist, whose work appears in more than a hundred newspapers. By nature a cynic, a disbeliever, caught for the moment by inspiration. He knows this is more than an idea; a calling. To educate, to inform, to shed light to the unenlightened. What he doesn't know is that this idea will bring him straight into the mouth of Night Vale.

RetroMG

RetroMG, syndicated columnist, whose work appears in more than a hundred newspapers. By nature a cynic, a disbeliever, caught for the moment by inspiration. He knows this is more than an idea; a calling. To educate, to inform, to shed light to the unenlightened. What he doesn't know is that this idea will bring him straight into the mouth of Night Vale.

"The radio came on by itself... it always did at this time of night. Cecil Palmer, the host of Night Vale community radio, spoke to her. News, the community calendar, traffic.

She listened when she could to Cecil. Most of the town did... Cecil Palmer spoke of the horrors of everyday life. Nearly every broadcast told a story of impending doom or death, or worse: a long life lived in fruitless fear of doom or death...

Look, life is stressful. This is true everywhere. But life in Night Vale is more stressful. There are things lurking in the shadows. Not the projections of a worried mind, but literal Things, lurking, literally in the shadows. Conspiracies are hidden in every storefront, under every street, and floating in the helicopters above. And with all that there is still the bland tradgedy of life. Births, deaths, comings, goings, the gulf of subjectivity and bravado between us and everyone we care about.

All is sorrow, as a man once said without doing much about it.

But when Cecil talked it was possible to let some of that go. To let go of the worries. To let go of the questions. To let go of letting or going."

Top Bottom