• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What are some products that last forever / are an absolute reference in their category?

Nonehxc

Honda engined whatever.

I have several Honda shit, except a car (soon, Civic, soon).

The youngest of the strokers is 16 years old. The oldest, 27.

Apart from changing or sharpening blades when dull or completely gone, checking oil and trans grease and refilling if neccesary, and fuel, nothing Honda has broken, not even a sparkplug. The big strapped grass/branch cutter is gonna be a family heirloom. ☺️

Also, Hiyasu AC, just regular ones with exhaust fan outside, nothing monster or fancy. Fujitsu owned, I think ours are like 20-25yo, and except a bit of cleaning every decade, clean filters every year and refilling gas 2 times, nothing. Just one cools like a pole an entire floor and rooms in a somewhat big ass house in the orbital lasery 43c spanish summer. Even the guys that come service them tells us they don't build shit like ours anymore. Yes, it may consume more wattage than one the hippie yippies green ones nowadays, but one alone can cool a floor where you would need 3/4 of the newer ones, so there's that, for one and a half consumption we get the power of 4. And I mean real cool, the one real men need caressing their bodies, the one your wives threaten you with divorce. 😬

Also, Black&Decker cord drill, regular one, nothing fancy or professional. When Black& Decker was good. We just have the one, a regular one, can even drill through concrete with one of the medium to big drill bits, never a wink. The thing is going strong after 33 years and 2 homes and countless holes and doesn't show a bit of material fatigue or the motor going poof. 🦾

Last edited:

Soodanim

technics-sl-1210-mk5-19537.jpg
Technics 1210 DJ turntable.

Anyone that's ever been anywhere near a DJ that uses vinyl knows about this legendary turntable. Absolute beast of a turntable.

Trilobit

I concur.

Those Trinitrons are built different. I bet my testicles that they still work to this day. Or at least the one that I used to own.

I got an advice on reddit that it's good to open up the chassi and clean out the dust build up inside regularly. Going to do that soon with my cheap CRT as they are becoming difficult to find where I live.

Top Bottom