• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What are the best compound EX skills for ToS characters?

Buggy Loop

Gold Member
Could also be a thread called "share your uber ex skills". I've only started to play with the system kinda late in the game, mostly when i started to have 4 or so lvl 4 gems.

The one im most proud of is Raine's

Lvl 4 Happiness
Lvl 4 Spell save
Lvl 3 Add combo
Lvl 2 Neutralizer

Compound skills that this gives raine

Reducer - Reduce TP consumption when spell is used twice in a row
Lucky magic - Chance of casting spell without any TP cost
Quick spell - Chance of casting spell without any delay

Its pretty much the best i could come up with for Raine, also the best i could come up with for all my characters, period. It fits Raine so well. The fun of seeing her cast ray in a fraction of a second after the battle starts or casting ressurection without any TP cost :D

For LLoyd i did this

Lvl 4 Follow up
Lvl 3 Add combo
Lvl 3 Eternal
Lvl 3 Spirit

Gives me these compound ex skills

Spirit up - low probability of augmenting TP stat at the end of battle
Technical - Lowers TP consumption to 90%

Probably not the best, but the spirit up after so many battles has augmented Lloyd's overall TP very nicely. And since i always go tech crazy in battles, 90% consumption helps a lot.

Colette

Lvl 4 Sky combo
Lvl 4 Stat boost
Lvl 3 Spirit
Lvl 2 Personal

Gave me these CES

Spirit thief - Recovers TP according to how much successful combo she's done
Battle cry - Augments stats at start of battle, really not sure how much though

Thats pretty much it, i've got 3 more lvl 4 gems that im waiting on using depending on what you guys will show me, i'll use them for genis i think

Share your experiences and what you think is best for your characters :)

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
I'm gonna formulate my plan later on tonight, i'll reply when i've had a chance :)

Kuramu

i'd like to contribute, but i'm still figuring this stuff out myself. i would like to mention that Lloyd's Add Combo, which i just set up today, is really nice, but it's taking me a while to get used to having 4 normal strikes instead of just 3

Prine

Banned
So when did you guys start experimenting with all the special skills. Im 6 hours in (looking for some key to enter Mana tower or something) and im still just mashing A and B... :/

Buggy Loop

Gold Member
I played a bit with the gems at around your time, just basic lvl 1 and lvl 2 stuffs, it was mostly to give my character a path toward S or T type.

Getting the lvl 4 gems takes a while though :\ And even with 49 hours logged in, i dont have much, i'll have to fight like crazy and get grade points to buy them i guess if i want to give good ex skills to my other characters :)

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
Prine said:
So when did you guys start experimenting with all the special skills. Im 6 hours in (looking for some key to enter Mana tower or something) and im still just mashing A and B... :/

Once you get Level 3 skills, its the time you should spend some time looking into it
Do some basic research when you get level 2 skills

There are some very basic combos for level 1 skills, but thats up to you

Buggy Loop

Gold Member
Suikoguy said:
I'm gonna formulate my plan later on tonight, i'll reply when i've had a chance :)

No chance yet? I've accumulated 9 lvl 4 gems since last night, im awaiting some good suggestions :)

Oh and i got sooooo 0wned by Abyssion, holy freaking shit, i've never been that beat up in an RPG ever, after multiple times, switching my chars, etc, i was not anywhere near the end of his insane ammount of HPs. My group is from lvl 68 to 70. I think think i'll touch this one again till they're all 80+ :p

Suikoguy

i'm still waiting for my first level 4 gem, sorry
I've been using the Ethernal + Etc combo to increase TP and HP for my current group

Lloyd, Zelos, Genis, Raine

They seem to occur once every 10 battles + every boss battle

Top Bottom