• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What are You Playing? 10/24/04

maskrider

Playing no games at the moment, waiting for my pre-ordered US$95 Japanese limited version of DOAU.

I can consider myself playing Leisure Suit Larry Magna Cum Laude but I am getting bored of it after 4 gals.

More like playing with my friend's Mac OS X and the PowerBook at the moment.

Memles

I have Viewtiful Joe, Pikmin and Majora's Mask all 1/2 to 3/4 finished...and I'm playing Beach Spikers 90% of the tiime.

Sigh.

gunstarhero

Kingdowm Under Fire mainly - great game.

Occasionally I go back to Gradius 5 and a little bit of Fable (which is really letting me down as of now -)

Waiting for GTA:SA and Outrun 2 this week.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
I'm back to playing Super Mario Sunshine. I started a new game and got up to 50 shines, and then went back to my old save and grabbed 3 more shines to put that total at 111.

ManaByte

Gold Member
X-Men Legends. Best comic book game ever made. It's the KOTOR for comic based games.
235709.jpg

Dark Age of Camelot. Best MMORPG on the market right now.
242972.jpg

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
Viewtiful Joe (PS2)- I just want to get Dante unlocked. He should have been available from the start!

Outlaw Golf 2 (Xbox)- Another great sports game from Hypnotix. The game play has been imrpoved over the original, but the AI is VERY hard for me to compete against; it almost feel unfair at times. I barely won the first tournament with Summer. Dave Attell is now the game's announcer, and while he does have some good lines, he's not as funny as Steve Carrell was in this role. The game is XBL compatible, and best of all, is only $19.99. Definitely recommended.

King Of Fighters 2003 (Neo)- Getting ready for the PS2 release this week.

I'm also eagerly awaiting both GTA San Andreas and DOA Ultimate this week.

I read that Street Fighter Anniversary Collection also hits the Xbox in EUROPE as well as Japan this week, so hopefully the game is region-free and will work on American systems! :)

Shining Force (GBA)...I think I am at the last stage. I have to force myself to beat this soon.

Advance Wars 2: Started playing again...got hooked again. Damnit!

Metal Gear Solid 3 Demo.....If only the codecs didn't take so long to load, I would be playing this a lot more frequently.

Hooker

Donkey Konga, bought it with my first salary of my new job. And I don't think I've had so much fun playing a game in the last couple of years.

Still haven't opened the box of the second set of bongos, so that's my next mission. Find someone (prefferably a rather nice (looking) girl to make music with :p

Rorschach

X-Men Legends: Took a break for now because the glitches are pissing me off.

Virtua Fighter 4: go the hankerin for some spankerin out of the blue.

Counter-Strike: Source

Playing Men of Valor, Fable, Halo, Ghost Recon IT, Star Wars: Battlefront, ESPN NBA 2k5, Morrowind GOTY and Ghost Recon IT on Xbox. :D

Ranger X

TOCA 2
Metal Gear Solid 2 (been on my backlog since a long time, gotta finish it soon!)
Castlevania Aria of Sorrow (a long timer from my backlog too)

And i'm trowing some Katamari Damacy and Mario Golf Toadstool Tour in between too.

Paper Mario 2 (Excellent game)
Counter-Strike 1.6 (I really wish I had Source) :(
SOCOM II (I really hope Sony is going to have another one for the PS2 or the launch of PS3)

In the next week, I'm getting GTA: SA. Also I'm going to be getting Donkey Konga, Pikmin 2, Metroid Prime 2: E, Half-Life 2 aka GOTY, and (WoW or CoH) in the next month.

jedimike

maf - out buying new games? I'm shocked.

Currently playing...

PC:

free_trial_select.jpg
- New game comes out tomorrow.

CHK_nav_logo_EN.jpg

Xbox:

244230-mock.jpg
239450.jpg
242201.jpg

Anxiously Awaiting for...

242341.jpg

Ico (Can it become my favourite game ever? We'll see after I finish it.)
Metal Gear Solid 2: Substance
Katamari Damacy
Street Fighter Anniversary Collection

...plus 7-8 more games I need to start playing. :/

I've been playing Shadow Hearts: Covenant, but stopped in outraged protest over the retarded stealth section. I'm glad stealth gameplay has finished ruining the FPS genre, and now dug it's claws into console rpges (yes, I know it's a parody in SH:C, but it's not funny or enjoyable to play).

I picked up Fable, Nocturne and Paper Mario 2 today, and started Fable which I'm really enjoying more than I thought I would. I can't wait to make my gay Freddy Mercury warrior hero.

ced

Ive just been playing random bits of Halo in preparation of the second.

Honestly Im trying to hold out for another week, then I can begin being a FPS whore.

Killzone, Halo 2, Half Life 2 and MP: Echoes all in 3 weeks, I cant wait.

ManaByte

Gold Member
MrAngryFace said:
Beverdere or something, hibernia. I like tree people. Drinky Crow is in the same place, just started.

Bedevere? Hmm. I have a high level Thane (not 50 yet) on Percival, but I can start up a Nightshade or Bard on Bedevere to play with you guys.

I'm a Shar Warrior dude with a sex-ay beard on Bedevere. My character's required string of arbitrary medieval-sounding consonants and vowels is "Urgammon".

Stuggernaut

Grandma's Chippy
Playing...

Cube : Eternal Darkness
Xbox : Nothing, since I only have Pirates of the Caribean and the lag in the game pisses me off
PS2 : FFX
PC : All the HL2 pre-load stuff, and Asheron's Call 2 Free Trial while I wait for WoW

ManaByte

Gold Member
Drinky Crow said:
I'm a Shar Warrior dude with a sex-ay beard on Bedevere. My character's required string of arbitrary medieval-sounding consonants and vowels is "Urgammon".

Whoa, Hib on Bedevere has awesome population bonuses. The free level is every 3 days and the camp bonus is 110% I'll start up a Luri stealther.

GBA

Pokemon:Fire Red
Pokemon:Leaf Green
Pokemon:Sapphire

Been switching back and forth between these, trading, leveling, and getting new tms. Probably about 85 hours put on em since launch. I Recently picked up on sale....

Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga
Metroid Zero Mission
Boktai
Shantae
Zelda: Link's Awakening DX
Midway's Greatest Arcade Hits

All sitting on the backburner.

GC

Donkey Konga
Pokemon Colosseum
Animal Crossing

I'm really enjoying the pokemon colosseum single player adventure so far, but that may be because I'm such a huge fan of the series. Seems well put together a few hours into it, although the gameplay is a tad on the slow side. I pop in DKa or AC when I need a break from the poke-fest.

PC

Counter-Strike: Condition Zero

Load up some bots and keep my aim sharp or watch a CAL-I demo in 1.6. Looking for a new apartment so I'm without a decent connection for a while. Can't wait to smoke some of you Source players when I get set up.

Spike

Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door - on Chapter 2 currently

After I finish that: Pikmin 2, Metroid Prime 2: Echoes, Halo 2, Mario Power Tennis

Shouta

Shadow Hearts II: Covenant
Sky Gunner
Gradius V
FFXI
Frequency
Final Fantasy IV (WSC)
Arc The Lad (WSC)

I'm realllllly tempted to start Shin Megami Tensei: Nocturne as well.

Scott

Been trying to chip away at the PSOne backlog recently. First up was Dragon "Holy Crap This Game is Long" Warrior VII, which I finished the other night (89 hours!), and now I'm playing through:

1191234.jpeg

EDIT: Found a smaller boxart.

Drakken

I finally took this out of the shrink-wrap and started playing it:

box.jpg

I'm also occasionally playing:

918811.jpg

919557.jpg

And I recently beat:

918766.jpg

Top Bottom