• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What Classic Martial Arts Arcade Game Is This?

hobbitx

A while back there used to be this really cool Kung Fu like Arcade game I used to play all the time. It had the same basic gameplay mechanic as Kung Fu, constant rows of enemies rushing at you and the same one hit kills if I recall. The weird thing though that makes me think this wasn't Kung Fu is for one thing, the first level starts out on a grassy field and another thing I remember is when you got trapped on both sides in this game, you had to do a weird jump kick type of move, as opposed to Kung Fu's just turning around and kicking.

Oh and did I forget to mention it was a 16-bit like Arcade game and not on a console? :lol

Anyone know what this could be, I'm dying to play this again.

Jonnyram

Maybe you just think it had outdoor parts because the home versions of Kung-Fu Master had green floors and orange poles:
Kung-fu-master-pic.gif

You definitely had to do that jump move if you were surrounded though. I remember it well :)

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
Jonnyram said:
Maybe you just think it had outdoor parts because the home versions of Kung-Fu Master had green floors and orange poles:
Kung-fu-master-pic.gif

You definitely had to do that jump move if you were surrounded though. I remember it well :)

My favorite boss is the black dude... no Kung Fu needed to whoop ass from him!

hobbitx

Jonnyram said:
Kung-fu-master-pic.gif

Well I did say it was an arcade game, I used to play it all the time after school at this center I used to visit. It was a newer 16-bit quality game, believe me, it was a grassy field, got killed in it a bunch of times.

Can you give more details from what you remember?

God I wish I could, this was way back in like 1992 though when I was in like, 8 or 9. :lol Getting whooped up on a grassy field is all I can remember. I know some of you guys can recall a few clones of the game right? I'm dying here!

callous

Jonnyram said:
Kung-fu-master-pic.gif

Man, Kung-Fu Master. I'd almost forgotten how much money I put into that machine. It was awesome (for me (back then :)P))).

aoi tsuki

My vote would go to China Warrior, but it was on the 8-bit TG-16, and i think the first stage was outdoors, but with a gate in the background.

hobbitx

Wow, that game is really similar to what I was talking about, the game I'm talking about was in arcades though. Did this ever come to arcades, it might be it.

DCharlie

And even i am moderately surprised
Trivia : in the C64 conversion of Kung Fu master, if you press the C= key on the first level only , your character will shoot the enemies.

Anyways, could it be any of these ?

Last Battle/Fist of the north star
Last%20Battle%20(GS).png

Vigilante
1051468939.jpg

Last Apostle Puppet show
1053545940.jpg

DaCocoBrova

Finally bought a new PSP, but then pushed the demon onto someone else. Jesus.
^^

Was that last game an arcade game? Is it emulated?

His description sounds like Kung-Fu Kid on the SMS... I loved that game.

Kung%20Fu%20Kid%20(UE)%20%5B!%5D_000.png

Top Bottom