• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What did you get for Father's Day?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DarienA

The black man everyone at Activision can agree on
Missus picked me up an XM radio, good deal too $112 for the Delphi Roady you get a free FM Modulator and mail in for a $19.95 rebate AND a free home kit to hook to any home stereo.

DarienA

Mama Smurf said:
Did you marry your daughter?

My first thought was to insult you... but I'm in such a good mood today I'll let this one slide...

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
Nothing. My father pulled a disappearing act eight years ago. (When I was 20) He's had no contact with any of his relatives, but we know he's still alive because he's still drawing his military retirement.

Mama Smurf

My penis is still intact.
DarienA said:
My first thought was to insult you... but I'm in such a good mood today I'll let this one slide...

I just don't understand why your wife would be giving you a Father's Day present.

I guess it doesn't matter, I've just never heard of it before. Aren't you meant to give a presentto your father?

marko

Mama Smurf said:
I just don't understand why your wife would be giving you a Father's Day present.

I guess it doesn't matter, I've just never heard of it before. Aren't you meant to give a presentto your father?

When you have children too young to really get you anything, then usually the wife gets it for you. Not just a holiday for "your" father, but any father that means something.

DarienA

Mama Smurf said:

So because you don't understand the best way you could think to respond would be to post some dumb shit like that?

That's f'n Brilliant.

Suffice to say these days many husbands and wives give each other gifts on Father's and Mother's day as well as having the children give the fathers and moms gifts on those days.

Mama Smurf

DarienA said:
So because you don't understand the best way you could think to respond would be to post some dumb shit like that?

That's f'n Brilliant.

Suffice to say these days many husbands and wives give each other gifts on Father's and Mother's day as well as having the children give the fathers and moms gifts on those days.

Are you losing it or something? That was very aggressive.

The last paragraph alone would have been enough. Do you think I'm actually serious or something and suggesting you married your daughter? I would have thought it quite simple for anyone to understand that when I say that, it's just another way of saying "Huh? Your wife got you a father's day present?".

Mama Smurf

Strange that I've never heard of it. I wonder if it's different in different countries or if it's just chance that I haven't.

stonedwal

Nothing, because we celebrate Father's Day on the first Sunday of September here. My father's birthday is usually the week before as well, so I get hit up twice (or spread it over two gifts).

miyuru

No worries. I only got my 'rents presents this year for the hell of it. They didn't seem to appreciate it and said I was wasting my money :(

I got my dad the D-Day Anniverssary version of Saving Private Ryan. It will look fucking incredible on the new home theatre setup that's going in tomorrow.

bjork

I'm stuck at work today, but apparently my cousin is coming to visit me and bring some free BBQ, which rules.

Got my dad Onimusha 3, and he called earlier... seems happy with it so far, so that's good.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Got my dad Curb your Enthusiasm Season 2.

I should have gotten him more,but I'm fucking broke.

Crispy

yoshifumi said:
i'm a pretty crappy son.

I forgot my fathers birthday once...I saw him before going to school, but didn't congratulate him or anything, he was probably standing there with his hand outstrechted, reaching for his dear son...only to be ignored :(

That afternoon, after my mother told me it was his birthday, I went to the supermarket and got him four Milka chocolate bars.

This year I bought him a toolset and a boardgame.

bishoptl

Banstick Emeritus
I got an amazing dinner (yesterday) at a great little restaurant from my hunny-bunny.

Today, I'm making dinner for my dad.

Trevelyon

6305186391.01.LZZZZZZZ.gif

"STTTTRRRAAANNNNGGGGEEE MAGIC"

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
Clothes. We all went shopping for a "big Father's Day sale" that seemed to have very few items on sale. :p

SFA_AOK

Thanks for reminding me AT TWENTY PASTY ONE IN THE MORNING!

Couldn't you have posted this earlier and reminded me? :(

DarienA

SFA_AOK said:
Thanks for reminding me AT TWENTY PASTY ONE IN THE MORNING!

Couldn't you have posted this earlier and reminded me? :(

Uh oh... somebody forgot father's day....

Future Trunks

lemme tell you something son, this guy is SO FARKING HUGE HE'LL FLEX AND DESTROY THE SUN no shit
A card yesterday and a phone call today.

My actual present was a week early, I sent him and my mom to a jazz concert in Clearwater (Dave Koz, Waymon Tisdale, Jeffery Osbourne, among others). They said they had a lot of fun - came back home all dancin' and singing and carrying on like two teenagers....

Brannon

Gave him and my mom a nice time at a restaurant.

I'd love to go to Fogo de Chao again if it didn't rape your wallet and leave the remains. It's a great place though.

I didn't get shit.

That might be because I didn't get my wife anything. Then again we're not parents yet, baby's born sometime in September.

Triumph

Banned
DJ Brannon said:
Gave him and my mom a nice time at a restaurant.

I'd love to go to Fogo de Chao again if it didn't rape your wallet and leave the remains. It's a great place though.
Whoa! You live in ATL, Brannon?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom