• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What do you think of "wokeness" in games?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cakeboxer

Gold Member
Thanks to ChorizoPicozo i came up with the idea of asking NeoGAF what your thoughts of "wokeness" in gaming is and if you see it as a good, bad or neutral thing.

I think the idea behind it was a good thing, but it was immensely overdone and often implemented obviously artifical (also in Hollywood). So much that many people now instantly yell woke if they see a black or gay or strong woman lead and don't even want to try games where companies like Sweet Baby Inc. are involved.

Not all these people have bad things in mind, i think most are just super annoyed. But they are called racist, homophob or misogyn with pleasure. The word woke lost any positivity, it became a curse word for everyone.

I think particularly games are not the right platform to shove agendas down people's throats, because most gamers are straight males and those are usually not interested in smaller boobs, uglier faces, bald or muscular bodytyp 2 (former female) and don't want to learn about all 72 genders. Also, at least for me, games are a medium to escape and not to face up reality.

I don't need Duke Nukem and half naked 90 60 90 babes in every game, but there is nothing wrong with a straight white macho lead without 2024 co-leads or sidekicks from time to time.

Tarnpanzer

I can stomach it, if the rest of the game is good.

My problem is, that it is sometimes not well implementend with the rest of the game and pretty much "in your face" just for the sake of it.

Kings Field

team america vomit GIF

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom