• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What do you use the money for in RE4?

SantaC

I remember seeing video clips when Leon is picking up some money. What could it be used for? For trade or actual shops?

The latter would be cool indeed :D

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
SantaCruZer said:
I remember seeing video clips when Leon is picking up some money. What could it be used for? For trade or actual shops?

The latter would be cool indeed :D

Shops? That would just be...odd. I mean, you are walking around "evil" territory, right? If there just happened to be some surviving human who also happened to be a shop owner, do you really think, during these dire times, he would require you to buy goods from him with money? It just seems very odd...

Perhaps you collect money throughout the game and, depeneding on the amount you have by the end, you recieve a different ending? You have the "rich" ending and the "poor" ending or something. :D

SantaC

dark10x said:
Shops? That would just be...odd. I mean, you are walking around "evil" territory, right? If there just happened to be some surviving human who also happened to be a shop owner, do you really think, during these dire times, he would require you to buy goods from him with money? It just seems very odd...

Perhaps you collect money throughout the game and, depeneding on the amount you have by the end, you recieve a different ending? You have the "rich" ending and the "poor" ending or something. :D

loool :D

I hope there will be different endings, but that's not what I think how it will work.

Maybe you could use the money to bribe someone...

Baron Aloha

A Shining Example
Dark10x you might be on to something. You might be able to use the money to purchase items, such as a rail gun, costume, or other unlockable at the end of the game.

dark10x said:

2396.jpg

Musashi Wins!

FLAWLESS VICTOLY!
Maybe you have to stick it in a register to move to the next room, or open another door.

Yea, I'm not convinced this series is leaving all of it's retarded design aspects in the past.

Phoenix

During the final sequence you might need to insert money into a tollbooth. If you don't have enough money you have to continue on foot :)

ourumov

dark10x said:

Well you find shops on Dracula's Castle on pretty much modern Castlevania game...It won't be so strange...

SantaC

ourumov said:
Well you find shops on Dracula's Castle on pretty much modern Castlevania game...It won't be so strange...

Exactly. I have seen many weird places for shops!

Drexon

Banned
Obviously there's a friendly little zombie shop keeper in the village. "Arraghhhaarrr" sez the zombie, meaning "What'll it be, cowboy?".

Ryu

If Ninja Gaiden can have a mystical merchant who deals in souls, then Resident Evil 4 can have a zombie merchant who deals in greenbacks.

Bog

Junior Ace
dark10x said:

Didn't play SOTN or Ninja Gaiden, eh?

Edit: Guess I should've read the whole thread. These were already mentioned.

Top Bottom