• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What game have you replayed the most?

Eimran

Metal Gear Solid 3
Resident Evil 4 & 5
God of War 1 & 2
Prince of Persia Warrior Within
The Warriors
Def Jam Fight 4 NY
Tony Hawk Underground 2 Remix
Grand Theft Auto Vice City & San Andreas
Uncharted 2
BioShock
Hitman Blood Money

All at least 10+ times, some around 20

Pelao

According to the save files on my PS3, I've finished MGS4 16 times.
And actually, it's a bit more, since I finished it a handful more times in Japanese on an old account.
lLPwgyX.jpeg
e6eaQpn.jpeg
aliO1Ot.jpeg

Anyway, MGS4 wouldn't be my most replayed game, as I replay the franchise annually, so it should really be MGS1, followed in smaller numbers by each sequel, but this is the only game for which I have some concrete numbers.

Last edited:

Naked Lunch

Multiplayer:
Team Fortress Classic
Battlefield 2 [PC]
Halo 3
GoldenEye
Street Fighter 2 and 3

Single player:
Radiant Silvergun
Sin and Punishment
Metal Gear Solid 1
Mario 3

The_hunter

According to the save files on my PS3, I've finished MGS4 16 times.
And actually, it's a bit more, since I finished it a handful more times in Japanese on an old account.
lLPwgyX.jpeg
e6eaQpn.jpeg
aliO1Ot.jpeg

Anyway, MGS4 wouldn't be my most replayed game, as I replay the franchise annually, so it should really be MGS1, followed in smaller numbers by each sequel, but this is the only game for which I have some concrete numbers.
At the time it came out, MGS4 was so far ahead of anything else, it helps that it had a lot of deep gameplay and unique interactions.

Poordevil

Most recently would have to be Monster Hunter World. It was the first Monster Hunter game I ever played. Everything about the game was brand new to me. Upgrading armor and weapons and learning which armor to use aganist which monster. Learning which items to craft that were the most useful. All that basic gameplay was overwhelming for me because it was all brand new.
I would hunt for hours with different weapons until finally I decided to just pick one and master it. I chose the long sword and began using it exclusively.

When I was rather new to the game I would fail quests a lot. It was frustrating.... but I kept improving. I would roll the credits and start a new character. With each new character I would get better at the game. That is a huge reason why it was so much fun and I stuck with it for so long. I went from failing quests regularly to being able to solo any monster the game threw at me!

Drake

Resident evil 4. I've probably beaten it like 4 or 5 times. It's the reason I didn't buy the remake. I've played it so much I just have no interest in going through it again despite how good the remake is. Probably even more than that would be Half Life 2. Probably beaten that like 7 or 8 times. I never get sick of that game though. I actually haven't done a play through in like 5 or 6 years. I need to go back to that.

Markio128

Gold Member
I haven’t got a clue, but it was probably a game from the Spectrum 48K/Commodore 64 days, when games were relatively short.

Reactions: Isa

ReyBrujo

Gold Member
Replay as from beginning to end? Probably Super Mario Bros. Replay as for coming back again and again? Genesis, a MUD, my character is over 1300 days old in around 10 years of playing (say, 6-7 hours per day during 10 years).
(Edited: Besides the MUD I played the heck out of Captain Tsubasa 2 back in the day to grind teams and for passwords).

Last edited:
Reactions: Isa

Isa

Gold Member
That's tough. One specific game... if only I could tell lol. I'd wager something from my childhood back when I didn't have many options so replays were mandatory. I'd wager,
Centipede(C64)
Gunship(C64)
Mario 3
Sonic the Hedgehog 2
Sonic & Knuckles
Shining in the Darkness
Shining Force
Road Rash 3
Streets of Rage 2
Golden Axe 1+2+Revenge of Death Adder(arcade&emu now Astro City retro)
Mechwarrior 2 + Ghost Bear's Legacy & Mercenaries(so many damn replays I was obsessed with the lore and mechs, would make lego mechs etc lol)
Resident Evil 1 & 2 PS1
Timsplitters 1-3(I'd wager thousands of hrs with friends, especially with that zombie/infection mode lol)
Jane's Navy Fighters, Advanced Tactical Fighters and the two Longbow Apache sims on PC with my Dad, countless hrs over years
Heroes of Might and Magic 2
Wing Commander series and spinoffs(Strike, Privateer)
Spelunky
Guilty Gear one of the editions on PS2 and I think Xbox & all of the Dead or Alive franchise across Xbox & PS ecosystems including Xtreme Beach Volleyball games, which incidently makes me sad because I miss having easy ways to play them, my gf also really likes them as they are like perfect summer vacation dream game getaways, so beautiful and fun.

Nice thread, sorry to list spam but seriously so much gaming over the years that kind of fade over time its hard to nail down. Funny I don't game as much anymore though, and when I do I wish "they" made games more like the auld days.

Edit: for forgetting Wing Commanders.

Last edited:

bender

What time is it?
Resident Evil 4, Shadow of the Colossus, Metal Gear Solid 3, Rez, A Link To The Past, Super Mario World, Bloodborne

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future
Final Fight - finished it at least twice in the arcade, and then at least 5 times since then across multiple emulators, ports etc.

intbal

lol, reminds me of a technical support guy who would edit the .txt file with the data (for the Windows Solitaire) whenever he lost so that it didn't count.
I still use WinXP.
Twenty years of playing the same game tends to add up.

The first Contra on NES probably takes it.
Also lots of Life Force, SMB3, Sonic 2, Streets of Rage , 2, Mega Man 2, 3 X and X4. Castlevania SotN, Aria of Sorrow and some others but those stand out the most.

As for more recent games, Demon's Souls PS3 and Bloodborne.

El Muerto

Gold Member
MGS 1-3
Resident Evil 4
SMB 3
Breath of Fire 3+4
Sunset Riders
The Simpsons (the beat 'em up one)
Silent Hill
Entire Yakuza series 3x

consoul

Resident evil 4. I've probably beaten it like 4 or 5 times. It's the reason I didn't buy the remake. I've played it so much I just have no interest in going through it again despite how good the remake is.
You really should though.
I'd played OG RE4 10+ times and the remake was fucking amazing. Played it several times back to back.

Singleplayer?
Halo CE/2
Mario SMB/64
C&C/Red Alert
Zelda OoT
Cuphead
Goldeneye
Duke Nukem 3D
Pac-Man
DOOM
Diablo II
X-Wing/TIE fighter
Sim City 2000
Defender of the Crown

Coop?
Rayman Legends
Halo CE/2/MCC
Destiny 2/raids
Sea of Thieves
It Takes Two
Tony Hawk 2 (I ranked it here because we used to couch swap controls and go for combos or high scores taking turns)

Multiplayer?
Halo CE/2/3
Apex Legends
Mario Kart 64
Diddy Kong racing
DOOM II
Mario Party 64
Bomberman
Goldeneye
Perfect Dark

There is just too many to list and too many hours sunk into those games I cannot zero down to just one. Franchise wise it definitely Halo though.

tmlDan

my most played game ever is either WoW or Dota 2 cause i had a lot of time as a teen/uni student.

Play time on WoW was 1 year and 12 days on one character and over 6k hours on Dota 2.

stopped playing both a long time ago

The_hunter

Haven't played it yet, but considering how cutscene heavy I heard the game is, that's pretty surprising and awesome!

Congrats on the zero alerts too.
I'm dogshit at stealth games, can't even imagine how you could do that.
I remember a cutscene in-between acts that was 40 minutes long. :messenger_tears_of_joy:

MGS4 has really good stealth mechanics, they give you lots of tools to avoid detection. It's not too daunting. From my memory, only the last level was tough to get no alerts.

poodaddy

Gold Member
MegaMan X, easily, if we're not counting fighting games. If fighting games count, then SF3 Third Strike and Soul Calibur 2 are probably matched.

Killjoy-NL

Shadow of the Colossus, but only because it was the only way to be able to climb to the garden of Eden.

Other than that, I see no reason to replay games.

If runs of Slay the Spire counts, then that.

Else I think I finished Sonic the Hedgehog 2 multiple times as a kid (getting all emeralds in first 2 stages) and a couple of times as an adult too

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
I almost never replay SP modes in games over and over again, unless it's an old school 30 minute arcadey game. So if that counts, I'd say:

- Contra 3
- Axelay
When I had an SNES, I must had beat these games every week.

But for MP gaming and replayable games like sports and strategy games, I'd say my most played games in history are:

- COD 4 (including Remastered version)
- COD World at War
- Heroes M&M 3 Complete Edition
- Wayne Gretzky II on PC (old ass Bethesda hockey game from like 1991)

Type_Raver

Typical games I come back to over the years vary in frequency, and heres some that i can recall:

- DKC
- Yoshis Island
- Ninja Gaiden II (NES)
- Super Mario 64
- Fzero X & GX
- SMB3
- Half Life 2 (recently started Black Mesa, HL1 remake)
- Zelda OoT, and from time to time try restarting Zelda MM but get frustrated quickly and move on)
- Street Fighter II, III, various versions.

The Immortal - 100 times finished
Alundra - 100 times finished
Mega Seed - 250 hours
Beyond the Beyond - 100 times finished
Phantasy Star Online Eps. 1 & 2 Plus - 2000 hours
Kingdom Underfire : Circle of Doom - 1000 hours
Valhalla Knights Elder Saga - 550 hours
Pandora's Tower - 200+ hours
Toukiden 2 - 250 hours
*There are others but its a long list. :messenger_smiling_horns:

IAmRei

- Metroid series, to the point each year must be finished once.
- ff tactics, lost counts
- RE 4-6, lost counts as well
- zelda minish cap, about 5-6 maybe, soon will be botw as well
- far cry 3 about 4 times
- torchlight 2 5 times
- titan quest, 2 times, finished by long drag timeline

Either Tales of Symphonia (at least twice on the GC back in the days, then 100%'d it on Steam which took 4 complete playthroughs and most of a fifth one), or Guardian Heroes. Add Trials of Mana to the list if I combine the original and the remake.

Fess

That’ll be something on C64 or Amiga without saving.

Some of these:
IO
Delta
Turrican
Battle Squadron
Rick Dangerous
The Last Ninja
Giana Sisters
Shadow of the Beast 1,2
Zynaps
Krakout
Silk Worm

Jesb

The first Last of us and probably RE4. I’m also including the RE4 remake which I plan to replay I’m sure several times. Might very well be the two best games ever made.

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
As a kid I had no money for games so I had to replay those my brother would get, mostly N64 games like Zelda OOT, Banjo, Perfect Dark... and specially Starfox/Lylat Wars 64.

In more recent years, I'd say my most replayed games are DOOM (93), Metal Gear Rising and Dragon's Dogma.

Top Bottom