• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What if the Xbox version of GTA 6 Gets delayed because of the Series S?

solidus12

Gets delayed because of the Series S.

We already have 2 prominent games that have been delayed ie, Black Myth: Wukong and Baldur’s Gate 3.

So what if GTA 6 gets delayed because the Series S version needs a lot more work and optimization.

How would Xbox handle the bad PR?

Will they blame PlayStation for moneyhatting GTA?

Edit: fixed it, thanks adamsapple adamsapple ❤️

Last edited:

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
We already have 3 prominent games that have been delayed ie, Black Myth: Wukong and Baldur’s Gate 3.

Think Give Up GIF by Boomerang Official

Certinty

Can't see it happening.

If anything, they'll surely release it for the Series X alongside the PS5 version and then have the S version released later down the line.

Mownoc

I think that's unlikely. But ps5 is already going to be the definitive platform for it (especially with the pro) PS5 is going to be 70%+ of the systems sold able to run it.

Unless PC gets a surprise day one release, PS5 is THE GTA VI platform.

Last edited:

We already have 3 prominent games that have been delayed ie, Black Myth: Wukong and Baldur’s Gate 3.

So what if GTA 6 gets delayed because the Series S version needs a lot more work and optimization.

Hit it
Nah, na na na nah, na na na nah,
Na na nah, na na nah, na na na nah
Here comes the Fudmaster

Last edited:

Del_X

I don't see why that would be the case. Unlike some other games that either run like complete trash on the PS5 or have some feature-parity clause, they can scale back car and crowd density. They can also bring draw distances in closer and push that resolution down to sub-720p if needed. It'll be a blurry mess but probably run fine.

Nonehxc

Not gonna happen. Rockstar and GTA6 would have carte blanche to release Series S whenever they see fit.

And in the eventuality Rockstar told Phil

'Hey, you pompous nincompoop, we're gonna release GTA6 just for Series X and that's it, so you should be very thankful and humbled by our mighty mercy'

Phil would be like

'Yes my overlords' 🙇🏻

Last edited:

NeonGhost

uses 'M$' - What year is it? Not 2002.
Can a developer refuse to release a game on the series s and only release it on the X?

Hrk69

Gold Member
Oh no! What am I going to do when this game gets delayed?

More importantly, what is Microsoft going to dooooo?

Sad John Cena GIF

Codeblew

I don't see why that would be the case. Unlike some other games that either run like complete trash on the PS5 or have some feature-parity clause, they can scale back car and crowd density. They can also bring draw distances in closer and push that resolution down to sub-720p if needed. It'll be a blurry mess but probably run fine.
It would be strange to scale back density in online. PS5/XBOX owners would see one thing and SS owners would see something different.

Last edited:

Stafford

Let's not forget how huge Rockstar is and how small Game Science is. No idea how large Larian is though.

This won't happen. I have Xbox as my main, but if I have a Pro around that time it's gonna be a easy decision to be honest.

Azelover

Titanic was called the Ship of Dreams, and it was. It really was.
When did Sony become the chairman of the fucking lucky club?

Last edited:

Jigsaah

Gold Member
Eh, I'm waiting for PC regardless. Highly anticipated, but I remember the online launch of 2013. It was baaaaaad. I don't think they can buy enough servers to make this work right on day 1.

As for single player, it's the type of game I would take my time with anyways. Really wanna get into all the nuance it has to offer. I'm still wondering if they'll charge 100 bucks for a standard edition.

PeteBull

Gold Member
Series s wont be delayed, but u can expect massive cuts vs ps5/xsx version, so stuff like usual aka lower resolution on top of lower texture res, quality of shadows and probably some other settings too on top of less stable framerate.

TLDR: Devteam will spend less time optimising for it for obvious reason- much fewer game copies are already sold on xbox series consoles vs ps5, by autumn 2025 gap will get even worse , especially with moderate bump from soon announced ps5pr0.

SHA

You know the most talented programmers on earth are dealing with this, in God's domain anything is possible.

Last edited:

BlackTron

They already made concessions on BG3 feature parity. This is just the foreshadowing to MS having no choice but to renege on their promise to Series S owners getting same as X.

S should have had the same CPU and RAM and just weaker GPU. THEN it would be easy and most of the "it just scales!" stuff would be true. If they couldn't do that then they shouldn't have backed themselves into a corner.

I don't know what the heck is going on over in the Xbox division. Last year, I would have said you're crazy. Now though, I honestly wouldn't be surprised.

FlyyGOD

We already have 2 prominent games that have been delayed ie, Black Myth: Wukong and Baldur’s Gate 3.

Edit: fixed it, thanks adamsapple adamsapple ❤️
It'll only happen if a moneyhat is provided.

Shubh_C63

Can a developer refuse to release a game on the series s and only release it on the X?
They can't. I think its in the contract.

But Rockstar will surely be the exception. If they could make this run on Series S, no point in not porting it to PS4 also and increase their userbase.
I am sure it will only release on proper Next Gen consoles only.

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
I think that's unlikely. But ps5 is already going to be the definitive platform for it (especially with the pro) PS5 is going to be 70%+ of the systems sold able to run it.

Unless PC gets a surprise day one release, PS5 is THE GTA VI platform.

I think ps5 will be around 80 percent of worldwide sales easy.

But, I do think they are going to miss the gtav numbers by somewhat due to this gen going the wrong way for overall high end consoles.

Unless they magically get it on switch 2 somehow ( not happening)

Wouldnt surprise me if pc comes like 3 to 6 months after this time.

yazenov

If it were to happened, this is the most probable outcome:

1- Xbox fans will blame the developers rather than MS's decision to make a POS underpowered cheap "next gen" console.
2- MS releases a press statement that they do not comment on 3rd party deals with Sony. MS fans will eat that up as facts even without any evidence to back it up.
3- It wouldn't matter sales wise as Sony will have exclusive marketing rights to the game, and the vast majority of the sales will be on PS5 anyways +90% ratio of sales for the PS5's version.
4- MS fans will hate on this game like Wukong and Sony for no reason just because it got delayed on their system. (even thought the fault lies with MS).
5- Sony and Rockstar executives wipe their tears with F U money while reading all the hate articles and X/Twitter hate by MS fans and shills.

Last edited:

Metnut

No one will care. Most XBox gamers will be waiting until 2033 when this is on Gamepass. They don’t really do the $69.99 launch thing.

Top Bottom