• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What if the Xbox version of GTA 6 Gets delayed because of the Series S?

When did Sony become the chairman of the fucking lucky club?
When they made a single piece of hardware for the entire gen that's easy to develop and didn't try to cut corners and have a piece of trash releasing for 300€/$ to have some extra sales that ended up backfiring. Plus making sure everyone is forced to release their games in both pieces of hardware (X and S). Series S was weak on release and now Xbox is stuck with it for like 8 years. What a great strategy that was.

You can tell developers hate the thing based on comments on X / Twitter even if they try not to talk about it much.

Azelover

Titanic was called the Ship of Dreams, and it was. It really was.
When they made a good console that people bought?
So has Nintendo, but they don't have a main GTA on their platform. Doing a good job to create a nice platform sure is part of it, but it doesn't explain all.

And to be honest Sony has been very lucky from day one. That's my opinion. We don't have to agree.

So has Nintendo, but they don't have a main GTA on their platform. Doing a good job to create a nice platform sure is part of it, but it doesn't explain all.

And to be honest Sony has been very lucky from day one. That's my opinion. We don't have to agree.
Ah yes...lucky sony.

PS One: Lucky they decided for the CDs.
PS2: Lucky they decided for the DVD's. It was basically a cheap DVD player that people bought.
PS3: It started bad but lucky they decided for the Blu-Ray. It was basically a cheap Blu-Ray player.
PS4: Lucky Xbox messed up the Xbox On release.
PS5: Lucky because...?

This might be the luckiest company ever.

Pelta88

Kotick / Activision forced MS to give them 15% of their COD royalties. Cutting the usual 30% royalties a platform captures in half. Some speculated this was due to the hardware falling in every territory. I don't think TTI would delay a XB port. Instead, they'd renegotiate the royalty split like ATVI did.

The issue here is falling hardware sales weakening XB as a platform's position.

BlackTron

If I was the leader of Earth I'd write it into law that every game produced needs to have a Game Boy port. It would be amazing to see.

Don't forget the part of the law that forbids the port from holding back other platforms. Edit: and don't forget feature parity, either.

Those idiots at Larian need a lesson.

Last edited:

nowhat

PS3: It started bad but lucky they decided for the Blu-Ray. It was basically a cheap Blu-Ray player.
Yeah, on release it was one of the cheapest, if not the cheapest Blu-Ray player out there. So it was also bought by home theater enthusiasts, who may not buy a single game ever. At the time, despite the atrociously high price of the console, Sony was making a loss of like $200 per unit. Just check out Sony's profits, or rather losses, from that time period. Also hindsight is 20/20, but in retrospect, I don't think the Cell was the right call. Don't get me wrong, I like it from a technological perspective. It's alien. It's different. It's weird. We need more weird. And it excelled in certain types of computational tasks, if you made the effort to use it as it was intended to be used (this was not a trivial task). But as a general CPU for a game console... maybe not the greatest idea.

Sony was indeed lucky during the PS3 era, being able to finally catch up with 360 towards the end of it, but I think that was despite their decisions instead because of them.

skyfinch

Considering Series S is the lead platform and the system of choice amongst gamers, I would say no. If they were to delay GTA6, you can blame it on Sony's janky ass PSVR2 marketing.

ChoosableOne

ChoosableAll
Maybe it won't be delayed, but we might see a performance on par with the McGregor vs. Khabib fight. It will be one of the best events of 2025 for sure.

SJRB

Gold Member
If any I wish Rockstar bruteforced their way out of the retarded “you must release on series S too” clause and sets precedent.

If anyone can do this, it’s them.

Due to Microsoft never releasing sales figures we don’t know the split between X and S.

Do you think Microsoft would further piss off their customers by turning around and saying that Series X games no longer have to support Series S despite promising that this would never be the case?

Top Bottom