• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What is the actual best 'free-to-play' game?

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.
2VVj5TX.jpeg

Guilty_AI

Nankatsu

Gold Member
Currently enjoying the crap out of Wuthering Waves (OT soon).

Want to take a spin on The First Descendent soon.

Last edited:
there's no "king" since it's all subjective.

some might say genshin, Others might say LoL, or candy crush. We have no idea what type of games you like.

minesweeper
solitaire
space cadet pinball

There are many to choose from and many being added but which is king?
Warframe. You can play it for years, earn premium currency in the game itself, and there is a ton of content. I also think all Mihoyo games are great if you go in with the mindset that you're never going to spend any money on them. All story content in Genshin Impact, Honkai Star Rail, and now Zenless Zone Zero can be played through as a free to play player.

Tams

Warframe has too much ugliness and the gameplay gets old quite quickly. Not to mention it's a grindfest and managing your weapons is a chore. There are few players and they all just speedrun levels.

The Tenno look incredibly cool and the combat is very fun for a few hours.

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.
Gotta be Rocket League, not p2w, fun to play, high skill ceiling
Skill ceiling is too high. I’ve got 1300 hours in that game and I’m still dogshit. :(

Arsic

Loves his juicy stink trail scent
Skill ceiling is too high. I’ve got 1300 hours in that game and I’m still dogshit. :(
Idk man. It’s a unique skill set but not high. You just have to spend time in practice learning the movement options pros do.

It’s kind of like fighting games. You need to hit the lab.

A game with a dumb high skill ceiling is StarCraft brood war or age of empires 2 or even dota 2.

Dacvak

Idk man. It’s a unique skill set but not high. You just have to spend time in practice learning the movement options pros do.

It’s kind of like fighting games. You need to hit the lab.
Nah dude I’d rather just complain and pretend that the problem isn’t my skill it’s just impossible. Let me live in my fantasy world where I never have to git gud.

Esca

Dota 2 imo
All heros available to everyone (no grinding for a new one or some other shit, day one everyone has access
Get lots of stuff from playing for free. Can sell most of that stuff on the market place even if it's a small amount of change.
If you decide to buy cosmics you have valve ones and community made ones where the non employee gets the money and valve takes a cut.

You don't need to pay a single penny and the game will be fully available to every single person. It is truly f2p and not having grinds to keep shit from easy access

Mossybrew

Yeah overall Fortnite is still king of ftp games unless you just really hate pvp. But there are a ton of options out there these days for all tastes, and as long as you have some self control you can get away with paying nothing or small reasonable amounts for things that matter to you.

Gojiira

Warframe without a single doubt, it has over a decade of content, new content consistently, premium currency can all be earned in game, Warframes themselves look dope, excellent music, lore is batshit crazy. Yeah its the king and there is zero doubt.
Path of Exile is also fantastic.

Men_in_Boxes

Snake Oil Salesman
Depends what you like but The Finals is up there.

How are you liking S3? I haven't played since ranked turned into Terminal Attack. Hoping they get their **** together for S4.

Been playing a lot of Valorant and I 100% think The Finals is the better game.

FoxMcChief

Gold Member
So I booted up Warframe on the PS5. Man, that store really is stupid with how it kept trying to make me download the PS4 version.

Game looks and plays as great as I remember. But holy shit did I forget what the fuck I’m doing in my ship. The make it so slammed hard to come back to games like this and Destiny, once your forgot what you’re supposed to do.

Hard to really say to be honest. They all have some shit embedded in them that I don't like. Probably say THE FINALS for recently released ones I guess. At least the gameplay is fun.

Top Bottom