• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What Offspring songs were in Crazy Taxi?

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Crazy Taxi only had like what, 4 songs? Damn I heard each song like 10 times every time I played a game of Crazy Taxi

Pimpbaa

Wario64 said:
Crazy Taxi only had like what, 4 songs? Damn I heard each song like 10 times every time I played a game of Crazy Taxi

4 songs, and I don't even think they were the full songs (they got cut off). Bad sega, BAD! I had the music turned off after the first 15 minutes I played it.

Bob White

Damn, I miss Dreamcast.

Crazy Taxi was never released on any other system and there was only one Crazy Taxi made.

What?

FightyF

Banned
How did the GC, PS2 and Xbox handle the CT ports? (Xbox's was part of CT3)

The GC F'ed up the volumetric lighting for Sonic Adventure 2, so I wonder if that the case with all other consoles.

Ristamar

What first attracted me to Crazy Taxi was the music. I still remember doing a double take when I heard Bad Religion blaring from the corner while passing the arcade machines in the theater lobby.

WarPig

All I Want and Way Down the Line, from the Ixnay on the Hombre album. The guy up there is right, Change the World runs over the closing credits.

The Bad Religion tunes are "Them and Us" and...shit, I can't remember the other one. It was off Gray Race, but I forget what it was. There might have been another BR tune for the attract mode, too.

Edit: I got it, it was Ten In 2010. And yes, there is another BR track -- Inner Logic off the Stranger than Fiction album.

DFS.

Priz

From my Crazy Taxi page:

The BGM for this game includes Offspring's "All I Want", "The Meaning of Life", "Change the World", and "Way Down the Line", as well as Bad Religion's "Hear It" and "Ten in 2010". All the Offspring songs are on the "Ixnay on the Hombre" CD

One time I posted a picture of a friend of mine's score (he's REALLY good at various games... including Crazy Taxi) and I haven't updated the site since... I STILL get random e-mails from people with no subject line bragging about their skills or asking how to get such a score.

Subject: Crazy Taxi Results

YOU ARE NOT THE BEST IN CRAZY TAXI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I ARRIVED TO THE GAME LIMIT 999 CUSTOMERS AND 999.999,99 MONEY
(the whole e-mail)

Lazy8s

The ghost of Dreamcast past
The proscan from the DC original was kept in for the Xbox conversion in CT3. The modifier volumes self-shadowing might've ended up looking different on the other platforms, and I thought the textures were converted best to DC from the Naomi arcade (effortless conversion with the same vector quantization format and virtually indistinguishable differences when a little heavier compression is used.) To me, the IQ of the various conversions come in this order: DC>Xbox>GC>PS2

On the subject of arcade to DC, some Naomi ports to DC are actually slightly superior in the home rev due to the devs getting a chance to go back over the code to clean up slight hiccups and make little optimizations, like on small framerate drops in spots.

Nikashi

Banned
Subject: Crazy Taxi Results

YOU ARE NOT THE BEST IN CRAZY TAXI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I ARRIVED TO THE GAME LIMIT 999 CUSTOMERS AND 999.999,99 MONEY

Heh, only I believe there's only 200 customers, isn't there?

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
Uh, the 2 songs that always play through Crazy Taxi's (DC) attract are All I Want and No Brakes.

I am sitting here listening to No brakes on Crazy Taxi as we speak.

In fact, I only know the name of the song because it was on the Credit roll.

Teddman

All I Want is a really good track. Didn't know Offspring had it in them at the time.

I wonder who at Sega picked out that particular piece for the title song; it fits perfectly.

Sho Nuff

Banned
HEY HEY HEY COME ON OVER AND HAVE SOME FUN WITH CRAAAAAAAAAAZY TAXI

BTW, Sega are buttholes for changing the voices in later versions. One of the few examples of good voice recording in Japan (all the characters are InterFM DJ's, if I'm not wrong).

BD Joe was my favorite. Did you know that he is also a pimp? I read about it in an erotic Crazy Taxi fanfic.

LakeEarth

DopeyFish said:
Uh, the 2 songs that always play through Crazy Taxi's (DC) attract are All I Want and No Brakes.

I am sitting here listening to No brakes on Crazy Taxi as we speak.

In fact, I only know the name of the song because it was on the Credit roll.

Thats weird. Mine doesn't play that one. I own CT and I never heard the song till I d/l'd it off of SoulSeek yesterday.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
dur, ok i wasn't being serious about it being in front of me.

But i could have sworn it was there because i let me crazy taxi go to attract mode all the time and just sat there and listened to the music. oh well.

It's Crazy Taxi 2.

fack. *smacks forehead*

Ronin

"No Brakes" is in CT2. BR's "Inner Logic" plays during the staff roll in the first CT.

Sho Nuff said:
BTW, Sega are buttholes for changing the voices in later versions.
They also edited the lyrics in "Way Down the Line".

Top Bottom