• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What were your favorite movies as a kid?

Status
Not open for further replies.

AniHawk

B000060K4O.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

Still one of my favorites of all time. Fun, and funny. The ghost librarian scared the living fuck outta me the first time I watched it (when I was 2- one of my earliest memories).

B00006AL1E.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

Another movie (series) I enjoyed much as a kid. As a kid though, I liked 2 the most, and 3 the least. A while back, I watched them all again, and I enjoy the first the most (basically because of all the jokes I missed out on).

B0000AOX0O.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

The best in this series... Back before it was Disneyfied with songs. More violent than Disney movies at the time (like most Don Bluth films were during the 80s).

B0000VV4W2.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

Another Don Bluth film I liked, but not on the same level of LBT. Saw and enjoyed the sequel as well (which was shown in theaters, I think).

B00000K3D4.01.LZZZZZZZ.gif

I still love to watch this movie. Good fun, great characters.

B00003CXCT.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

Well duh.

B00005LKHZ.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

I remember being hooked on this at an early age. Gmork (the wolf thing) scared the living hell out of me, and still looks creepy for a puppet.

And then there were the Disney movies, Aladdin and The Lion King which I enjoyed immensely, and are still great as far as animated flicks go.

MrCheez

President/Creative Director of Grumpyface Studios
Lord of the Ri... oh wait...

AniHawk pretty much nailed my favorite childhood movies (especially Star Wars... but that's every kid I imagine). The only other one that comes to mind is

Nightmare_affiche.jpg

I used to sing along with it, too. =)

Minotauro

Finds Purchase on Dog Nutz
Off, the top of my head:

Commando - I absolutely loved that part near the end where Arnold cut that guy's arm off with a machete.

No Retreat, No Surrender - Bruce Lee's ghost made it all worthwhile.

The Dirtbike Kid - I loved when he destroyed that rich guy's shit and when the bike did things he didn't want it to do.

Annie - Don't ask.

Charlotte's Web - I swear,
that third "Charlotte!?" that Wilbur shouts near the end makes me tear up like a little bitch.

The Goonies - Who DIDN'T love this as a kid?

The Breakfest Club - Bender was the man.

laputa_r3_dvd_hk.jpg

and it still is my favourite. ;)

EDIT: okay let me add some more:

The Lion King
Free Willy
Aladdin
one or two of those Dragonball movies
and ET (maybe) ?

jiggle

149676.1020.A.jpg

I hated the chipmunks tv show. But don't know why, absolutely loved the movie.

B0001I561E.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

B00001QEE7.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

Pretty much all of the Disney features actually.

Odoul

Like said in the first post the original Land Before Time was great.

423416.jpg

I fucking wanted to be a turtle when i grew up.

B00004RF8J.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

This is the only musical I can watch w/o my balls sucking into my stomach. The Suppertime scene scared the SHIT out of me when I was younger. Plus Audrey II is the coolest fucking villain ever.

Robotjox.jpg

"I have already beaten you.. right HERE"

jungle_book_R90.jpg

Back when Disney was cool. The music made this one. I doubt ther'll ever be an all jazz animated movie again.

B00005BCJR.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

The muppets are always cool but this one was the first one I ever saw.

Who%20Framed%20Roger%20Rabbit%20Vista%20Series.jpg

Coolest thing Disney has ever done. And Jessica Rabbit is the only cartoon character I'll admit to poppin wood over.

cvxfreak

A lot of these I still love even today...

Star Wars Trilogy
The Land Before Time I-V
Liar Liar
Home Alone 1-3
Casper (including the Meets Wendy one)
The Power Rangers Movie
The Lion King

Damn, I can't think of many more although there definitely are more.

Drensch

Pretty much the same stuff I love now, ignoring recent additions.

Star Wars, Goonies, Schwarzenegger stuff, Labyrinth, anything with Akroyd/Murray/Chase, Disney Alice in Wonderland, The Explorers, John Hugs/Chris Columbus stuff...

As an aside, much like all Nelvana stuff, the Beetlejuice cartoon was awesome.

AniHawk

5{\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0er]Don Bluth rules and this is his masterpiece:
secret_of_nimh.jpg

I saw this in the theaters the day it came out:
transformers.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Secret of Nimh... Another Don Bluth classic. The guy completely owned Disney during the 80s (roles reversed in the 90s though). Strayed a bit far from the book though.

And RobotJox. I remember watching it when I was little and loving it. Only saw it once though, and would prolly hate it today (same with the MMPR movie).

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
Ghostbusters, hell yeah! Man, I loved that movie when I was little. Of course, I didn't get any of the jokes and thought it was a scary movie with ghosts and stuff. Years later I'm laughing my ass off and am amazed at how I can love the same movie at different ages for completely different reasons.

Star Wars trilogy - again, duh.

Back to the Future trilogy - yup, me too.

Indiana Jones trilogy - naturally.

snowhiter94.jpg

This was the first movie I saw in theaters during its re-release in 1987. I still dig it to this day.

I can't really think of any other major standouts. Most of Disney's animated stuff I loved. I was a fan of some of the others you guys mentioned like Land Before Time, TMNT, Batman, etc.

AniHawk

Dan said:
Ghostbusters, hell yeah! Man, I loved that movie when I was little. Of course, I didn't get any of the jokes and thought it was a scary movie with ghosts and stuff. Years later I'm laughing my ass off and am amazed at how I can love the same movie at different ages for completely different reasons.

Star Wars trilogy - again, duh.

Back to the Future trilogy - yup, me too.

Indiana Jones trilogy - naturally.

snowhiter94.jpg

This was the first movie I saw in theaters during its re-release in 1987. I still dig it to this day.

I can't really think of any other major standouts. Most of Disney's animated stuff I loved. I was a fan of some of the others you guys mentioned like Land Before Time, TMNT, Batman, etc.

Indiana Jones was one which I became a fan of much later.. I think I was 10 or 11 when I first watched Raiders of the Lost Ark.

tt_deeb

Who Framed Roger Rabbit?
Neverending Story
Ghostbusters
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 1 and 2
Lion King
Aladdin
Land Before Time (first four or five)
Nightmare Before Christmas
Star Wars Trilogy

0767836324.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

tt_deeb

They don't make kids movies like they used to. I can't name anything good from the last few years except the handful of Pixar movies and maybe a Disney or two. I love Miyazaki's films but it'd be hard to get access to it as a kid.

evil ways

The Star Wars Trilogy
Indiana Jones & The Temple of Doom
Gremlins
Return to Oz
Caveman
Nightmare on Elm Street 3
Ghostbusters
Commando
Rambo First Blood Part II

I watched The Secret of NIMHabout a year ago and I loved it just as much as I did twenty years ago. It has always been my favorite piece of American animation. I felt like I was five and watching it again for the first time.

I adored at least half of the other movies in this thread, especially Star Wars, the Goonies, and Ferris Bueller, but The Secret of NIMH was special. I also loved Explorers.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
142818.jpg

How the hell did I forget this?

[I was referring to the Burton one above, but I really dug this one too]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom