• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What movies were good in 3D?

jason10mm

Gold Member
I was also pleasantly surprised by The Lion King in 3D. It was wild seeing hand-drawn animation pop out like that. Another movie that blew me away was Gravity. The 3D really enhanced the whole space experience. I still remember watching it and feeling like I was floating in space!
Did you just glitch in the Matrix or what? Never seen a DP a day apart :p

Puscifer

The Avatar re-release in IMAX 3D with HDR made me understand how that movie made 2 billion dollars. It was truly a once in a lifetime event film even though the actual story is completely been-there-done-that trash. The moments in that film where I wanted to reach out and touch something was numerous.

bitbydeath

Piranha 3D and Piranha 3DD
Bingo!

images

Pelao

Tintin's scene transitions are amazing in 3D. It was the first movie I saw in the format and it remains my favorite. Although I admit I'm biased as I've always been very fond of the franchise.

jason10mm

Gold Member
Tintin's scene transitions are amazing in 3D. It was the first movie I saw in the format and it remains my favorite. Although I admit I'm biased as I've always been very fond of the franchise.
My exposure to Tintin was reading them in Spanish while in Spain for a summer exchange. DEFINITELY need to get English versions as my translations were quite suspect! I blame a rather cute Spanish lass named Elena who just wanted to practice her,,,English, for this :p

K' Dash

I still have a Panasonic Plasma 3D TV at my parents, I actually consumed a lot of content in 3D.

Movies were not that great, there were a few with decent 3D, but I experimented a lot with games and I loved it, but my eyes would get tired pretty fast.

Top Bottom