• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What were your High School colors?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mine were gold and brown. Affectionately renamed piss and poo. We looked like little turds running around on graduation day.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
Blue and gold.

A more entertaining thread might be "What is your high school's mascot?"

I love the looks when I tell people that my high school teams were(and still are) known as the "Mohawks". Yep. A yellow indian with blue hair/facial features, that was our logo.

demon

I don't mean to alarm you but you have dogs on your face
orange and blue. I can't even fuckin remember the school animal.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
Purple and white...

Officially, I think it was supposed to be plaid. Yes, plaid. We were "The Tartans", after all. But since that doesn't work very well in the PE uniforms and such, it was black and red.

Ecrofirt

hail to Coughlin alma mater
stepping stone to fame
for the student and the athlete
with his zeal aflame

Wining in the field and forum
keep the goal in view
shout in chorus for our banner
WAVE THE RED AND BLUE!

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
Ecrofirt said:
hail to Coughlin alma matter
stepping stone to fame
for the student and the athlete
with his zeal aflame

Wining in the field and forum
keep the goal in view
shout in chorus for our banner
WAVE THE RED AND BLUE!

You bastards uglied up our stadium with the red and blue stripes and your crazy armored knight logo!

W-B memorial my ass, we had to play host to every team in the city and always had to work around YOUR schedules

:p

Matlock

Banned
tony_b-band.jpg

PURPLE AND GOLD FOR LIFE, BITCHES

Desperado

Elementary: Blue & Silver [COWBOYS RIPOFF]
Intermediate: Blue & Silver [DITTO]
High School: Maroon/Grey/White [TEXAS A&M RIPOFF]

yay

Ecrofirt

Archaix said:
You bastards uglied up our stadium with the red and blue stripes and your crazy armored knight logo!

W-B memorial my ass, we had to play host to every team in the city and always had to work around YOUR schedules

:p

Where did you go to school? GAR, Meyers, Hoban?

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
Read the thread, my good man! Or, if you don't really feel like it, Meyers. I think this may have actually come up before, do you go to Penn State now? There's a poster somewhere on GA who lived in Wilkes-Barre and attends PSU besides me...

Ecrofirt

Oh, hah. I didn't notice the other post.

No, I'm going to King's in the fall, unfortnuately. It's the last school I wanted to go to, and of course it has to be the one I actually am going to.

When did you graduate?

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
I graduated in 2001. My brother is currently attending GAR...I think he just finished his freshman year. This sentence and the previous one are just here to make it look like I put more thought and effort into the post than I actually did.

Ecrofirt

Hoban finally got a banner at the statium. They beat GAR last year with their fancy kicker and his 46 yard field goals.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
Yeah, I was at a couple games this past season. My brother's on GAR's team so I watched a game or two they played, noticed the new Hoban stuff up. At least they had a respectable player, the last year I was there they had to forfeit games because they didn't have enough players to complete.

The kicker is the McGroarty kid, right? Heard he set the PA record with a 64 yard field goal this season also.

Ecrofirt

Yea, that's him.

I thought it was 46, but 64 sounds more like it. He was like 3 yards short of a new national record.

Lambtron

Unconfirmed Member
Navy & Gold.

We were the "Spartans."

Interesting story: Our underfunded school, who built a football field instead of doing repairs to the theatre (which desperately needed them for all my years there.... and about 5 years prior), loves to piss money away. They decided we needed a school spirit day. So they bought us all these hideous gold "SPARTAN PRIDE" shirts, and made everyone wear them on the same day. Fuck, worst day ever. I missed the day where they were handed out, so I was called to the office the day before I was supposed to wear it to get one. It was so creepy and 1984-esque. I was freaking out all day. My philosphy teacher and I had a nice long discussion in class about how weird/uncomfortable it was. Nobody else seemed to get why we felt that way...

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
Blue and Gold - Tarpons

Years ago someone changed the stadium sign to Tampons.

Paradox

Lets see....

Dark Blue w/Yellow "Saints"

Maroon w/White "The Bookers"

Black w/Red "Eagles"

Yep... 3 highschools :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom