• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What's This I Keep Hearing About Gamestop Managers Getting Free Nintendo DS's Already

GDGF

Soothsayer
At the conference they had yesterday (in Texas I believe)

I've seen about 5 or so different people in different forums claim this. Could it be true? Could these managers be taking their shiny new NDS's home at the end of the conference?
Any gamestop managers on this board to confirm this?

B'z-chan

Banned
High selling (top 10% or something) GameCrazy managers went home with something big from nintendo from Las Vegas yesterday, but i cant confirm or deny anything. I wasnt there, and you heard me say nothing.

GDGF

Soothsayer
Damn lucky bastards!

(Betcha that means atleast one title or two are done...guessing Mario 64x4 and Wario Ware from Majeski's earlier post, and kiosks will be in stores before the end of the month)

border

If they did then there would be photos all over the internet already. I doubt that this is true. They probably don't have any of the software in production yet anyway....

B'z-chan

Banned
Packages wraped in leather and silver metal. and a little pouch for materials and two "memory cards"

Next week two big promotional packages will be showing up from Nintendo and these will be two times bigger than the packages for the 79.99 GBA sp drop. So i'm expecting a stand or something cause both EB and GameCrazy got a lot of promo package stuff for GBA sp with those boxes.

GDGF

Soothsayer
The con isn't over from what I hear border. It will be on Monday, so we'll know for sure then. It's being claimed all over the place, though.

Edit: Looks like it's true :)

jooey

The Motorcycle That Wouldn't Slow Down
to them I say: "fuck all y'all"

ok not so much for the DS but for all the other free stuff.

border said:
If they did then there would be photos all over the internet already. I doubt that this is true. They probably don't have any of the software in production yet anyway....

NDA's?

B'z-chan

Banned
Lost Weekend said:
The con isn't over from what I hear border. It will be on Monday
Edit: Looks like it's true :)

it is Monday is the big day :)
finaly i can someone can say something about it ;)

border

norinrad21 said:
You can't give secret shit away to that many fanboys and expect an NDA to keep it completely under-wraps. As long as the owner isn't in any of the photographs, they can post all the pictures they want. Plus it's not like the DS is some big secret that they would need an NDA for anyway.

If the conference isn't over yet, then maybe pictures are still forthcoming though. I would still have expected to see a few pictures that people took will their cell phone cameras and mailed to buddies. Plus I imagine that they would give gifts away on the last day of the conference, rather than the first.

I guess we'll see, but I would not get my hopes up.

GDGF

Soothsayer
Well, true or not, now I'm all a tingle. Someone should ask old Craig Majeski. I think he's a manager, and he did play the NDS yesterday, so he was most likely at the conference (more evidence towards it being true)

Hey Craig, if you're listening and you can't confirm because of an NDA or something, just say no comment :)

http://forums.gaming-age.com/showthread.php?t=14892

Lost Weekend said:
This is gonna end up like some kinda urban legend.

My friend has a cousin who's a GameStop manager and he got a package from Nintendo at the conference and when he opened it up there was a Nintendo DS ...but it only had one screen!

GDGF

Soothsayer
You know I actually thought aboot that as a possibility. All these managers thinking that they're getting an NDS at the end of the week, and it's like an IOU coupon with a release date on it or something and a Zelda GBASP inside a shiny bag that says NDS.

That would make me laugh (and slap young children)

Musashi Wins!

FLAWLESS VICTOLY!
This is true, they do get one, but they don't get it until the regular ship date. Nothing too unusual about this, they gave them xboxen, ps2 and gba's before.

I guess they did get to see a prototype. They also got to play Halo 2 multiplayer, etc. It's like a mini E3 with a bunch of dumb marketing thrown in.

Musashi Wins! said:
This is true, they do get one, but they don't get it until the regular ship date. Nothing too unusual about this, they gave them xboxen, ps2 and gba's before.

I guess they did get to see a prototype. They also got to play Halo 2 multiplayer, etc. It's like a mini E3 with a bunch of dumb marketing thrown in.

Except various reports are saying they physically got one. No release date crap - they have one in their posession.

Musashi Wins!

FLAWLESS VICTOLY!
Yes, that is BS. I talked to my friend in TX yesterday, and he was excited that he's getting one "on release" but they certainly aren't getting it now.

GDGF

Soothsayer
Musashi Wins! said:
Yes, that is BS. I talked to my friend in TX yesterday, and he was excited that he's getting one "on release" but they certainly aren't getting it now.

Ah! So it is an IOU of sorts. Time to slap small children I guess :lol

shuri

Banned
I've heard you can play nes and snes games on genesis by plugging the carts in the expension port under the genny!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GDGF

Soothsayer
Only a misguided fool would believe something like that! Return to the rock ye crawlith from PSP lover!

Top Bottom