• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

what's your one thing that turns a day from meh to awful?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BuddyC

What's that one thing that you can always lean back on, going "well, you know today isn't that bad, at least X hasn't happened yet?"

For me, it's my ex-girlfriend. If she manages to get ahold of me - which requires considerable amounts of effort, I must admit - well, that's the deciding factor. If I'm having a shit day beforehand, that's when I just give up and go to bed.

Note: There are some rules here folks. You can't say things such as death, and they must be entirely out of your control.

Oh yea, this thread is probably one of the worst ideas I've had all year. Anyways, let's go go go.

AntoneM

at least my cars front drivers side window didn't get stuck all the way down and my cruise control crap out on a trip to Tucson... no wait that was Friday!

God damned mental games my girlfriend likes to play. She'll act vaguely depressed and then try to guilt trip me into not doing what I had planned for days...It usually works, BUT NOT TODAY! I just left. And I felt good. I STILL feel good...and guilty...

Loki

Count of Concision
Can we just rename this evening "The BuddyChrist Extravaganza"? ;) All that's left is for you to ask us what the meaning of life is, dude. :D

BuddyC

Archaix said:
You need to go find some freshman girls and take out all your frustration man.
it was when I got the e-mail from my CS 104 professor saying we'd all bought the wrong books and needed to purchase more the more expensive editions. after everything else, that's when i just gave up.

Loki

Count of Concision
BuddyChrist83 said:

???

If you had said "43", I could understand-- what with it being a liquor and all; I'd just chalk it up to you being an alcoholic or something. :p

But what does that mean? Are you trying to insinuate that
is the meaning of life somehow? Or is that how many imprecations you just called down upon me for poking fun at your posting spree tonight? ;) :p

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
Loki said:
???

If you had said "43", I could understand-- what with it being a liquor and all; I'd just chalk it up to you being an alcoholic or something. :p

is the meaning of life somehow? Or is that just how many imprecations you just called down upon me for poking fun at your posting spree tonight? ;) :p

It's the answer. And if you don't get it, your life to this point has, in fact, been meaningless. So in a way, it's the meaning of life.

BuddyC

Loki said:
is the meaning of life somehow? Or is that how many imprecations you just called down upon me for poking fun at your posting spree tonight? ;) :p
http://whatis.techtarget.com/definition/0,,sid9_gci211501,00.html

Loki

Count of Concision
Archaix said:
It's the answer. And if you don't get it, your life to this point has, in fact, been meaningless. So in a way, it's the meaning of life.

<Keanu> "Whoaaa" </Keanu> :D

RevenantKioku

PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS oh god i am drowning in them
Fucking people cannot drive.
I'm driving down the road going at forty-five miles an hour, cause, you know that's the SPEED LIMIT and all of a sudden the traffic slows down to a fucking thirty-five miles an hour crawl.
Why? There's a cop with a person pulled over.
Now if this was a little one lane to a side road, I'd get it. This was 2 lanes to a side, with enough on the side for cars to pull over. AND THE SPEED LIMIT DOES NOT CHANGE.
Do people think they'll get pulled over one day for going 90 in a 55 and the cop will look at them and say "Hey, weren't you that model citizen I saw going 35 in the 45 that one day? Well, sir, I have to give you some slack now!"
Fucking shitheads.

Loki

Count of Concision
BuddyChrist83 said:
http://whatis.techtarget.com/definition/0,,sid9_gci211501,00.html

Hah, never read that book, but that's pretty cool-- it does seem a bit like a poor man's "golden ratio", though, doesn't it? :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom