• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What's your Top 5 master system and genesis games?

djtiesto

is beloved, despite what anyone might say
SMS I regrettably haven't played much of this system at all... The only games I've really played to any depth are PS1, Miracle Warriors, and Alex Kidd and The Lost Stars (the game where the naked guys shit out balls to attack you with)... PS1 is by far my favorite game on the platform, and one of my favorite games ever.

I actually own a Genesis (got it before an SNES), so here's my list for that:

1 Phantasy Star 2*
2 Gunstar Heroes*
3 Landstalker
4 Phantasy Star 4
5 Streets of Rage 2

*2 of my top 5 favorite games of all time

some other games I loved: Shining Force, Kid Chamelion, Sonic 1-3, Shadow Dancer, Crusader of Centy (I need to get this game), Warsong, Ranger X, Rocket Knight Adventures, and Aladdin...

Genesis is probably the most underrated console ever for the typical hardcore gamer... SNES gets all the credit, and nobody really pays much attention to Genny, but there were some seriously good games for it...

Loki

Count of Concision
Genesis:

Phantasy Star 2
Sonic/Sonic 2
Shining in the Darkness (I really enjoyed this one despite the slight repetitiousness)
Landstalker
Shining Force 1/2
Flashback
Gunstar Heroes (wish this game was a bit harder and longer, but probably the most unique game I've ever played-- along with Yoshi's Island-- in terms of ideas, if not mechanics)

Shadowrun was great also, though I never got more than a few hours into it-- wish I had.

borghe said:
I can't believe no one else has said the JPN import of Batman.. man... that was so cool... :(

Sunsoft actually released the Batmn game in America for the Genny. So the game wasn't just a japanses Import, and it was my favorite Batman game on the Genesis. Only Batman game that was as good or better was Konamai's Batman returns.

Ill Saint

SMS:

Phantasy Star
Wonderboy III: Dragons Trap
Spellcaster
Cloud Master
Ultima IV

MD / Genesis:

Gunstar Heroes
Ranger X
The Immortal
Landstalker
Shining in the Darkness

(And Shining Force 2, Phantasy Star II & III, Story of Thor, Sub Terrania, Streets of Rage 2 & 3, Revenge of Shinobi, Shinobi 3 etc. etc. Fuck the MD was killer)

borghe

Loves the Greater Toronto Area
sonic4ever said:
Sunsoft actually released the Batmn game in America for the Genny. So the game wasn't just a japanses Import, and it was my favorite Batman game on the Genesis. Only Batman game that was as good or better was Konamai's Batman returns.
wow.. I never knew that.. I just remember the big hoopla about when sunsoft couldn't release it here because of their shitacular NES game so I imported it for like $80 (OUCH.. haven't thought about that til right now!!!) beat it a whole bunch of times, and put it away.

Only 5? You're killin' me, KILLIN' me.

SMS:

1. Zillion
2. R-Type
3. Wonder Boy III: Dragon's Trap
4. Alex Kidd in Miracle World
5. Castle of Illusion(I liked it better than the Genny version)

Honorables: Phantasy Star, Alex Kidd in Shinobi World, Shinobi, Fantasy Zone, Space Harrier, Sonic the Hedgehog(Sure it was just the GameGear game with a better resolution, but it's still a fine game)

Genesis:

1. Sonic the Hedgehog 2
2. Earthworm Jim
3. Contra Hard Corps
4. Dynamite Headdy
5. Ghouls 'n Ghosts

Honorables: Gunstar Heroes, Phantasy Star 2, Landstalker, Truxton, Thunder Force 3, 4, Wonderboy in Monster World, Sonic 1, Alien Soldier, Yu Yu Hakusho...fuck it, too many to mention.

Top Bottom