• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

When's the last time you had a meal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Im not talking McDonalds or shit like that. I mean a sit down REAL dinner. I cant fuggin remember. Its been wendy's and gas stations for so long. Months even. Fuck!

bob_arctor

Tough_Smooth
heh I'm married, so every friggin day the wife's slaving over a hot stove for me and the lil ones. God, I love it.

pollo

Banned
shit dude I can relate...

about 2 weeks ago I was staying up in boston for summer clases for about a whole month and everyday it was the same shit....Grilled stuffed chicken burrito @ taco bell for lunch followed by mcdonalds for dinner. Shit gets so fattening and old after awhile...but as soon as I got home it was home cooked meals up the wazoo. I never appreciated home cooked meals more than i have until I came home for summer

bionic77

Last night at some italian restaurant with some girl friends of mine. And I didn't even have to be cocky or funny to get them to come!

levious

That throwing stick stunt of yours has boomeranged on us.
MrAngryFace said:
bastards. this is probably why my blood sugar is all f'ed up.

probably? You had gas stations and dinner in the same thought.

pollo understands. Ive been doing this for so long. *sob* only thing that keeps me out of a rut is I only really eat once a day. But I snack at gas stations. All this shits expensive but I gotta eat.

I went over to my moms house last week.

Potato soup, Baked pork loins with Rice and Home made Lemon meringue pie! mmmm

Plus her husband has a keg on tap in a fridge in the kitchen. It's a Granville Tap fridge.

evil ways

bob_arctor said:
heh I'm married, so every friggin day the wife's slaving over a hot stove for me and the lil ones. God, I love it.

Not yet married, and no kids but basically the same scenario. Sometimes all that awaits me is one of those 6 minute packets of Lipton noodles or chicken/steak & rice but it's still better than eating out every day.

levious

That throwing stick stunt of yours has boomeranged on us.
you all should buy some cook books... if you can read you can cook. Plenty of non time consuming stuff too, make enough for tommorrow's lunch and you'll rule the world.

8bit

Knows the Score
There's nothing stopping you cooking yourself something. Learn to cook well and the girls will come flocking to you.

8bit said:
There's nothing stopping you cooking yourself something. Learn to cook well and the girls will come flocking to you.

Very true. Working at a nice restaurant and learning how to cook was one of the best things that have happened to me.

pollo

Banned
MrAngryFace said:
I cant really use the kitchen where im living. Reasons I dont feel like getting into.

Well the reason I didn't use the kitchen where I lived was because I felt bad cooking for myself and not sharing with the 3 roomates I lived with. And usually when I cooked all the leftovers would be gone the next day, but Id always feel bad taking their food when they cooked so I just said fuck it - fast food it is.

White Man

I haven't had an actual meal since before I left PA. That's almost 2 months.

I typically only eat once a day, but I sure do miss having the opportunity to eat decent food. It's the one and only thing I miss.

Triumph

Banned
At around 2 this afternoon. I dropped by EAT'S, an Atlanta eatery and had some veggies and cornbread. Shit was GOOD.

I can get pizza for pretty cheap here. $5 large w/ one topping from Little Caesars or Hungry Howies.

But I'm not sure the last time I had a home cooked meal. I'll eat out a lot, though. Restaurants, not McDonalds. Does that count?

8bit

Knows the Score
Well, if you're not willing to share kitchen area with swamp monsters, buy a George Foreman grill. You can do stuff easily in it.
For instance, buy a couple of chicken breasts, pargrill them, slice and fill with cream cheese and chives then wrap in parma ham. Stick them back in for a few minutes, then grill some veg(sweetcorn, broccoli, etc).

At the very least, you can use it to make nice toasted sandwiches.

Kuramu

pollo said:
Well the reason I didn't use the kitchen where I lived was because I felt bad cooking for myself and not sharing with the 3 roomates I lived with. And usually when I cooked all the leftovers would be gone the next day, but Id always feel bad taking their food when they cooked so I just said fuck it - fast food it is.

this is why communism doesn't work ;p well, at least it's why in our appartment we always had a buy-your-own-fucking-food rule. worked great

Santo

Last night BabY.. j alexanders:

boca_front_AI.jpg

salmon.jpg

J. Alexanders is a contemporary American restaurant placing a special emphasis on food quality and professional service. We feature an interesting array of homemade products including: salads, soups, fresh hand-pattied burgers, and a wide assortment of sandwiches.

Our award winning menu also features hardwood-grilled steaks, salmon, daily fresh seafood selections, and chicken. We are well known for our award-winning prime rib of beef and baby back ribs, as well as our outstanding desserts made from scratch.

MrAngryFace said:
I cant really use the kitchen where im living. Reasons I dont feel like getting into.

That sucks man. I went without homecooking for about three weeks and it just left me feeling tired all the time, shitty when I woke up. Also I never got that satisfied *full* feeling with all the fast food I was eating. Is there any possiblity of placing a Foreman grill in your room? Just throwing some chicken breasts sprinkled with seasoning and lemon on the grill would be a great change.

Kuramu

I'm pretty good in the kitchen... i'd rather eat my own food than go to a restaurant. not because i'm that good, but i love to cook. I make an outstanding homemade chicken soup which lasts me 5 days. I tend to make pasta, which i adore, screw Atkins. One of my favs is Angel hair pasta with tomato sauce, beef, peppers and onions. mmmmmm, and a touch of cayanne pepper

ballhog

I actually cook alot as well, that pizza I mentoined earlier I made at home, asparagus, spinach, and proscuitto pizza is great. Probably cost about six bucks. I'm making some beef ribs tonight.

Jill Sandwich

the turds of Optimus Prime
I made myself some nice juicy pork and apple sausages, sour cream mash with a corn on the cob not too long ago. *barney belch*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom