• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Where the hell did the term huggle come from?

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
It's made up by that guy who needs to be shot. He lives on the internet and coins catch phrases such as *HUGGLE* and "HAWT!"

MonkeyBoy

Hoggle????????

hoggle.jpg

Saturnman

Banned
There are not enough cuddly words in the English vocabulary, you have to make up some of your own.

I particularly like to puggle and snuzzle a girlfriend. :)

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
explodet said:
It's a bastardization of the words "hug" and "snuggle".

NEXT QUESTION

Who the hell flirts on the internet?

Drexon

Banned
Isn't it from that anime series Fruits Basket, where a girl has to "huggle" (not quite a hug) ... someone in order for them to become an animal?

Meier

Uhh, no it wasnt created by Fruits Basket heh. I remember it from back when I used to use Prodigy Chat about 8-9 years ago. It's not a particularly new term or anything.

Fifty

I have never heard of it, until now. I'm going to pretend that I still haven't heard of such a word, and that's how I'm fighting the problem.

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
IAmtheFMan said:
Oooh.... and another part of the secret homoerotic nature of football comes into focus.

Said the pasty kid from the bleachers.

-> Jock banging the prom queen "Damn, this shit is GAY"

etiolate

Banned
...would you get angry if it was me? Who started saying it on efnet irc many many many years ago?

It's hug + snuggle obviously.

catfish said:
Said the pasty kid from the bleachers.

-> Jock banging the prom queen "Damn, this shit is GAY"

Wrong! I never went to the football games! I sat at home, and watched anime!

Uh... hmm...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom