• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Where the hell is...

Jinzo Prime

Twilight Princess should get a full remake. It felt a bit constrained by the hardware and a contiguous Hyrule Field with no loading screens would be great to see.

Last edited:

Gojiira

Is Twilight Princess really good enough to be remade? The goofy ass art direction is an acquired taste, to put it kindly.
I think people want it for the saucy imp waifu, not for the gameplay.
I 100% want it for saucy HD Midna…TP itself though wildly overrated

Twilight Princess should get a full remake. It felt a bit constrained by the hardware and a contiguous Hyrule Field with no loading screens would be great to see.

If they're actually gonna do a remake from the ground up, it's gotta be ocarina of time.

They already remastered them on the Wii U. We don't need them to do it again.

I think we do because nobody bought the WII U! now they have a huge install base to sell to with the switch.

Last edited:

Ceadeus

Gold Member
Where is zelda twilight princess and wind waker ports for the switch? Nintendo have ported almost everything from the wii u but have left two of best games out! Why? What are they waiting for?
I'm sure they'll completely remaster both OoT and MM before that happens! Which would be even better imo :)

Jinzo Prime

If they're actually gonna do a remake from the ground up, it's gotta be ocarina of time.

I think we do because nobody bought the WII U! now they have a huge install base to sell to with the switch.

I want all three remade at some point: Ocarina of Time, Majora's Mask, and Twilight Princess. I'd also like a game that bridges the gap between Majora and Twilight.

Naked Lunch

Imagine willingly wanting to buy the same games over and over again.

My Steam library from 2002+ is fully playable today.
People sure love to hate on Xbox but I can load many of the things I bought from 2001 and up right on my Series X.

When Nintendo shuts down switch online - the process will start all over again - and no one seems to care.
What a world.

Astral Dog

they are reserving them for Switch 2, why? Maybe they wanted to focus on new Zelda projects, maybe they thought the Skyward Sword and Links Awakening remaster were enough for the Switch, and releasing more around the same time would take away from their sales.

Its weird but sure they will release them someday , maybe the same day they release Xenoblade X

Stafford

Not just you my friend. I'm pretty sure everyone got stuck on that damn water temple. Nintendo even changed it in later re releases because of how confusing it was.

I'm trying it out now. Is there no way to hide the side bars? I'd like them to be fully black. I have a QD-OLED and I fear for burn in risk if these pictures on both sides stay like this.

Also, the yellow buttons, those are for the camera iirc, how do I use them with a switch controller?

Last edited:

Banjo64

cumsessed
I'm trying it out now. Is there no way to hide the side bars? I'd like them to be fully black. I have a QD-OLED and I fear for burn in risk if these pictures on both sides stay like this.

Also, the yellow buttons, those are for the camera iirc, how do I use them with a switch controller?
YouTube channels have tried to cause burn in on the Switch and from memory you need to keep the same image on screen none stop for thousands of hours to cause burn in.

We played them on GameCube. We played them on Wii. We played them on Wii U. Do we really need it remastered every generation?

I’d say we should just have Wii U backwards compatibility, but that ship has sailed. The Switch OS and API was even built on the Wii U’s to allow easy porting. Nintendo prefers to milk you for all you’ve got.

Bonus rant: those suggesting Ocarina of Time… it was on GameCube as well as 3DS.

Let’s allow old games to be old games. There are many masterpieces in existence that are not on current generation systems. The hardware that can play them will outlive you. Remastering or even just porting old games has an opportunity cost. Let’s see more new games.

Last edited:

Woopah

True, but there a lot of Nintendo games from the last 40 years not available on Switch.

I just think remastering/remaking efforts on older titles or those less easily available.

I get why Nintendo would want to remaster something like Donkey Komg Returns or Twilight Princess, but to me that type of think isn't important or exciting.

Stafford

We played them on GameCube. We played them on Wii. We played them on Wii U. Do we really need it remastered every generation?

I’d say we should just have Wii U backwards compatibility, but that ship has sailed. The Switch OS and API was even built on the Wii U’s to allow easy porting. Nintendo prefers to milk you for all you’ve got.

Bonus rant: those suggesting Ocarina of Time… it was on GameCube as well as 3DS.

Let’s allow old games to be old games. There are many masterpieces in existence that are not on current generation systems. The hardware that can play them will outlive you. Remastering or even just porting old games has an opportunity cost. Let’s see more new games.

A full proper remake would be amazing though.

A full proper remake would be amazing though.
How about a new game but similar in design? Think of Link Between Worlds. It was familiar, but fresh. Make a new "Zelda sailing" game or whatever. It doesn't need to be the same game that even the youngest members here grew up having access to.

Stafford

Going to Hyrule Castle now in OOT. It's crazy how quickly I got back into this game. I guess it's timeless like that. This brings me back to my childhood, oh man. I was still in school and what, sheesh. A lot of loved ones still fully alive too.

Sigh. Well, either way, I'm definitely going to finish it this time around and then I might start with Majora's Mask afterwards. So much praise for that one, but I'm not a fan of timers.

Last edited:

EDMIX

Writes a lot, says very little
I thought it was a thread about a Where in the fuck is Carmen San Diego remake...
Frustrated France GIF by Sporza

lol I'm happy I'm not the only one that thought of that when reading the title!

Top Bottom