• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Where the hell is...

Punished Miku

Human Rights Subscription Service
Where is zelda twilight princess and wind waker ports for the switch? Nintendo have ported almost everything from the wii u but have left two of best games out! Why? What are they waiting for?
I think they do look at things like overexposure of IPs. They advised Ubisoft to wait on their Mario + Rabies 2 game until Switch 2, and they didn't listen.

We just got Tears of the Kingdom last year, and they have another new game to slot in this year.

Holammer

Is Twilight Princess really good enough to be remade? The goofy ass art direction is an acquired taste, to put it kindly.
I think people want it for the saucy imp waifu, not for the gameplay.

Although I loved the Wii U version, I'd rather they work on Starfox Zero with traditional controls.
Too much Zelda is a bad thing, plus it's good to have some demanded ports in the back pocket incase of switch 2 droughts.

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
Is Twilight Princess really good enough to be remade? The goofy ass art direction is an acquired taste, to put it kindly.
Game has some pretty well designed dungeons, and the combat might be the best in the series, even if it's still piss easy.

Toots

Gold Member
I thought it was a thread about a Where in the fuck is Carmen San Diego remake...
Frustrated France GIF by Sporza

OOT Remake please.

I never finished it on N64. Yeah, I'm one of those.

Go play it now! Your missing out on greatness. It even holds up well today.

You could probably get both games and a WiiU (to play other things) for the same price as collectors editions of the ports you would pre-order for the added useless amiibo 🤷‍♂️

Haha true, but my wii u is stored away in the loft. I have no idea if it even still works.

I can’t stand this shit. My pet peeve. This is a message board, you don’t need to bait people into clicking your thread just to find out WTF you’re talking about. You aren’t getting paid by the click.

Go have a beer my guy. Your head is fucked if such dumb shit annoys you. Sort yourself out.

Stafford

Go play it now! Your missing out on greatness. It even holds up well today.

Haha true, but my wii u is stored away in the loft. I have no idea if it even still works.

Go have a beer my guy. Your head is fucked if such dumb shit annoys you. Sort yourself out.

But on what? I don't have a N64 anymore, nor a 3DS. Or is this on Switch too?

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
if you have a 3DS, the remake there is quite good and playable.
Hell no, they ruined the atmosphere in more than a few instances.

Have a look:

28525.jpg

OoT-Comparison-10-Small.jpg

OoT-Comparison-8.jpg

hdZ86mm.png

The final boss being the worst offender, atmosphere 100% ruined there.

Humdinger

I wish they'd bring them to the Switch. It would give me more reason to buy one. I'm not really into the other Nintendo franchises - Mario et al - but I like Zelda.

Muffdraul

It's easily my least favorite in the main series, I think it's a weak sauce OoT-like with hideous character design, art direction that's bland at best, fugly at worst, and some piss poor dungeons. I will go to my grave wondering how anyone could think Snowpeak Ruins is something to write home about.

...but I still want a Switch port. Even the worst Zelda is still better than most other games.

kiphalfton

if gamers had their way, companies would just re-release their entire library to the end of time

Most remasters provide a small incremental improvement at best. And they always look like shit relationship to other games released that gen.

But because backwards compatibility isn't really a thing, this is what we have to deal with.

I actually have that. Well, I'ma get on that then. I remember me and my brother got stuck in the water temple back then on N64 and never really returned to it.

Not just you my friend. I'm pretty sure everyone got stuck on that damn water temple. Nintendo even changed it in later re releases because of how confusing it was.

Last edited:

Banjo64

cumsessed
Where is zelda twilight princess and wind waker ports for the switch? Nintendo have ported almost everything from the wii u but have left two of best games out! Why? What are they waiting for?
Zelda releases on Switch:

BotW
TotK
Link’s Awakening
Skyward Sword
Echoes of Wisdom

3 original games, 1 actual remake and 1 HD port.

There’s no need to further saturate the library with further Zelda.

TP and WW are easy guarantees for sales and will fill a void in first party releases when the time comes.

I think they are nailed on for the Switch 2 with a few further enhancements. Same for Mario Galaxy 2, Prime 2 & 3 etc. There’s absolutely no reason to rush if you’re Nintendo.

Hudo

Probably will be used for Switch 2 "launch window" to have something Zelda related for it since I doubt that Aonuma et al. will have the next big Zelda game ready for it in time.

Zelda releases on Switch:

BotW
TotK
Link’s Awakening
Skyward Sword
Echoes of Wisdom

3 original games, 1 actual remake and 1 HD port.

There’s no need to further saturate the library with further Zelda.

TP and WW are easy guarantees for sales and will fill a void in first party releases when the time comes.

I think they are nailed on for the Switch 2 with a few further enhancements. Same for Mario Galaxy 2, Prime 2 & 3 etc. There’s absolutely no reason to rush if you’re Nintendo.

Yeah, good point. I suppose there is no rush and Nintendo will release them when they feel the time is right. It's just that I've been getting an urge to play some classic zelda games again and twilight princess came to mind. Would have been nice to have it available on the switch. Guess I'll have to pull out the wii u from the loft. Hope it still works. Thats if I ever find it. Got so much crap stored in the loft.

Zannegan

Most remasters provide a small incremental improvement at best. And they always look like shit relationship to other games released that gen.

But because backwards compatibility isn't really a thing, this is what we have to deal with.
Generally true, but WWHD and the Prime 1 remasters are exceptions to that rule. And then there's all of Bluepoint's output.

TP needs a full on visual remake though, maybe in the style of that Wii U tech demo.

I'm hoping for full BC this time around, with improvements, not locked into a legacy mode.

justiceiro

Marlboro: Other M
They aren't coming. They were never coming. All the rumors regarding that were made up and wishful thinking.

Also, both these games are easily available through emulation even for portable play. Why wait for Nintendo to decide when you can have these games? And even this is the case, why didn't got it when it originally released?

It's bizarre how much people claim to want these games while avoiding any kind of effort to get them. If you still didn't got to play it, it's because you don't really want it.

They aren't coming. They were never coming. All the rumors regarding that were made up and wishful thinking.

Also, both these games are easily available through emulation even for portable play. Why wait for Nintendo to decide when you can have these games? And even this is the case, why didn't got it when it originally released?

It's bizarre how much people claim to want these games while avoiding any kind of effort to get them. If you still didn't got to play it, it's because you don't really want it.

I bet I've played these game more times than your age. The fuck you talking about? Ive played them on gamecube, wii and wii u.

Top Bottom