• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Which game would you choose to represent 4 years of Playstation 5?

TrueLegend

Which game would you choose to represent 4 years of Playstation 5? Also which one would you choose to define PS 30 years?

I will go with
PS5 - Stellar Blade (I know, I know)
PS30 years - God of War III

Ofc I am heavily biased and you gotta choose one. I had to put my love of FF, Metal Gear and Devil May Cry on Ice for this one.

God of War III was sony's ray of hope in its darkest hour and it sold TVs, sold so many goddamn version practically pulled sony back in game, then uncharted and Tlou did the job that PS3 outsold Xbox.

Stellar Blade to me represents a vision that modern gaming should follow, New IP, looks great, doesn't care about politics and cultural war, is not coated with Ray Tracing Blur, is action driven. It's definitely not a big hit but It's not a remake or a sequal or remaster or a director's cut or 720p fsr2 mess. All the big Ips we celebrate were once small too and the reason this game now sits on low meta is because of the whole 'modern audience and critics thing'. (Returnal gets a shoutout)

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.
Oh No Crash GIF by PlayStation

IDKFA

I am Become Bilbo Baggins
PS5 Probably Astro Bot.

30 years of Playstation? Fuck. That's hard. Probably Gran Turismo because it's been there from the start and is still around.

Zacfoldor

Elden Ring because it is the best game on the console and the best game of all time. I played it first on Playstation. That's it.

If it has to be a Sony first party game, then Demon's Souls Remake.

Reactions: Fbh

skit_data

In terms of exclusives I'd actually say Astros Playroom/Astro Bot or Returnal were the ones that made the biggest impression on me personally, although in very different ways.

In a broader perspective Elden Ring really has no competition. Absolutely massive release. It's crazy I platinumed the PS4 version via BC, imported the save to PS5 and platinumed it on PS5 over the following NG+cycles, so I'm probably at NG+6 or something.

And yet, when I started playing the DLC, refresing my memory on all the different mechanics via fextralifes guides I realize just how much stuff I haven't found/done in the base game! I pretty much dropped the DLC for now and instead went back exploring and doing NPC sidequests in the base game again. It's so ridiculously big and dense, it's almost comical.

AutomaticPrince

Neo Member
PS5: Astro's Playroom. A sleek and promising tech demo disguised as a game that left everyone wanting more but we would have to wait nearly 4 years to be satisfied.

PS 30: TLOU1. Sony's GTAV. They've stretched it 3 generations and I'd bet anything we see it on PS6 in some capacity.

Last edited:

violence

I feel you can’t pick an exclusive PlayStation 5 title. You have to pick a crossgen game.

Astro bot is a good pick though.

Last edited:

Go_Ly_Dow

3 games to represent the good: 1. FF7 Rebirth, 2. Astrobot, 3. Wukong,

3 games to represent the bad: 1. Concord, 2. Horizon, 3. TLOU

Last edited:

Wooxsvan

3d854225dfd0d73f65df29b4e29256f75d532c89.gifv

(Elden Ring in general, not just the DLC)
Because it's the best game on the system and also works as a symbol for this gen mostly being carried by third/second party teams IMO.
ya i like this and specifically the PS4 Pro version running on PS5

Flabagast

bcpQ6yw.png
\

/s obviously

Don't ban me.
Actually you might not be far from the truth, as it encapsulates how badly Sony has managed its internal studios for the first half of this gen.

On a more positive note, I'd say maybe FF7 Rebirth might be the best game exclusive to the system ?

But yes, nothing really comes to mind, their output has been really barebones (fortunately there are a lot of third party games and indies to play with)

Last edited:

Azelover

Titanic was called the Ship of Dreams, and it was. It really was.
PS5 Astro Bot.

And 30 years Final Fantasy VII. The game that turned the tide..

SHA

I'm not gonna ignore remakes so I'm gonna pick
Jusant
FF pixel remaster
Metal Gear Solid Delta
IMHO.

Last edited:

Crayon

Maybe Rebirth. Remembering the original FF7, it really feels like I would have imagine it 25 in the future. With how emblematic the original was to PS1. That's the best I can think of.

Top Bottom